Best indestructable dog toys

Indestructable dog toys keep your puppy or dog happy for longer and save you money!

Dog dreaming about indestructable dog toys

Safe, sturdy and strong dog toys are a necessity if you share your home with apuppy, adolescent (or even a mature) dog.

Because a bored dog is a destructive dog... and the bigger he is, the more trouble you`re going to be in!

But it`s not only the big guys who can do some damage.

Smaller, high energy breeds such as terriers, and herding dogs can also wreak some havoc of their own, and they can all destroy your `average` dog toy in short order.

As `mom` to both Rottweilers and Italian Mastiffs, I can tell you thatthe majority of dog toys are NOT designed for these kind of powerchewers.

On this page you`ll find a collection of some of the best indestructible toys on the market to keep your little `Jaws` happy and safe - and hopefully save you a few $$$`s in the long run.

Finding The Toughest Dog Toys

In this area my personal experience has paid off!

Many years of trial and error (and a houseful of dogs) have shown me exactly which toys truly deserve the label `indestructible dog toys` - and which don`t!

If your pup is a large breed, or has especially powerful jaws (like a APBT or Boxer, for example), then it`s important to stay away from the cheaper plastic, rubber or soft toys. Likewise regular tennis balls.

None of these will stand up to Fido`s dedicated chewing.

Sadly, I would also have to say that I rarely find soft (plush orcanvas) toys that makes the `indestructable dog toys` list!

I update this page regularly with new toys that I come across or which are recommended to me by dog owners/visitors. 

Kong Wild Elk Antler on a Rope Toy

is the latest addition. Natural, tasty, durable & lots of fun!

My dogs adore these toys, but even the best of them will have a limited `shelf life` compared to Kongs and other super-tough toys.

There are one or two that can hold their own for a while, but eventually they succumb. I still let my guys play with them, but always supervise them very closely and take the toy away before it`s dismembered and ingested. Sad, but true :(

However, although ALL of the carefully chosen toys on this page are super-tough and the best choices for large breeds or those who simply LOVE to chew.... they are not going to last forever.

Some dogs will manage to damage even the most `indestructible` dog toys, and once that happens that plaything really isn`t safe any longer.

I update this page regularly with new toys that I come across or which are recommended to me by dog owners/visitors. 

Kong Wild Elk Antler on a Rope Toy

is the latest addition. Natural, tasty, durable & lots of fun!

Always remember to check your dog`s toys regularly for wear and tear, holes, torn areas etc., and replace them as necessary.

Use these links to jump to the category of toy you`re looking for, or simply scroll down to see them all....

Kong Dog Toys

One of the most famous names in indestructable dog toys is Kong.

The original, heavy-duty rubber Kong Toys have been around since the 1970`s and are the original`indestructible dog toy` - designed to stand up to the company founder`s German Shepherd.

They`re SO good that they`re still market leaders today! 

Of course there`s a much wider variety of Kong toys available today. There`s a whole host of sizes, shapes and colors to choose from, and it`s difficult to find something more entertaining to your dog than an original style rubber Kong stuffed with peanut butter and frozen for a few hours. Now THAT`s a tough dog toy!

The product line now also includes `soft` toys of different descriptions, these aren`t as sturdy as the rubber toys, but they`re still superior in terms of standing up to wear and tear, than most similar designs.

Here`s a look at some of my favorite Kong dog toys.....

KONG Extreme Dog Toy
(Large)

"World`s Strongest Dog Toy!"

Made from exclusive carbon Black Ultra-Flex™ rubber, these are perfect for large power-chewers and working dogs....

... you know, those dogs that destroy every toy known to man in under an hour!

Can be stuffed with food or treats for added play value. Puncture-resistant and non-toxic.

Sizes: Original 4", X-Large 5", Ultra 6" 

KONG Extreme Goodie Bone
Dog Toy (Medium)

All Kongs are made from extra-tough, durable rubber, and this toy is especially suitable for aggressive chewers.

Can hold toys/treats for added fun!

Helps curb destructive chewing and is great for dogs who suffer from seperation anxiety.

Size: 7" 

Kong Wobbler Toy

ThisKong creation isn`t just a toy, it`s a food dispenser too! Entertainyour dog, feed him and exercise his brain all at the same time.

Interactive toys are great for keeping dogs occupied, and this one hasthe added benefit of being `Kong tough`, a winning combination. 

The unpredictable way this dog toy rolls, swings and wobbles, means increased play value.... fill it with your puppy or dogs` regular kibble and watch him have fun.

It`s great for those `chow hounds` as there`s no way they can `inhale` their meal when they get it from the Wobbler.

Suitable for all puppies and dogs over 10 lbs.

Easy to fill and dishwasher safe.

Give it a try! 

Kong Wubba Dog Toy (Large)

Thisinteractive tug-and-toss toy is made from two balls (a tennis ball and asqueaker ball) covered in extra-tough, heavy duty nylon fabric.

Dogs love to pull and chew on the long legs (or perhaps they`re tentacles!), and the fabric can stand up to a lot of chewing!

It`s also easy to throw this toy, and much easier to get out of your dog`s mouth than your average ball - without getting covered in saliva at least.

Comes in a variety of sizes and colors, to suit all sizes of dogs.

Also comes in a plush version... KONG Wubba Friend Dog Toy (Extra Large)

KONG Squeezz Stick Dog Toy

If your pup loves squeaky toys (and I`ve never met one who didn`t!), this Kong toy is going to be just perfect for him :)

The durable non-toxic thermo-plastic rubber means these toys are softenough to be satisfyingly `chewy`, but strong enough to stand up topowerful jaws.

Scroll to the bottom of this page to read a visitor review of the `Kong Squeezz Stick` ..... See how happy  this indestructible chew toy made her power-chewer!

It also means that they bounce erratically and float too - which adds to the fun.

Knobbly, textured exterior makes the stick extra-interesting for your dog.

The squeaker is firmly embedded and protected, which means less chance of it being ripped out, and adds a whole lot more play value.

Kong Squeezz toys are available in the popular `stick` shape (shown here) and in a variety of other designs including balls, rings, dumbells, bones and more.

Plus they come in a whole set of attractive `jewel` colors and a range of sizes.

KONG Wild Antler Toy, Small/Medium

Wild Elk Antler plus rope!

What a great combination of two super-durable playthings - it`s irresistible to most dogs.

A high quality, grade-A naturally shed Elk antler is attached to sturdy, knotted rope and gives your dog hours of chewing fun.

The texture of the rope and antlers helps keep Fido`s teeth clean and gums healthy too.

Fun, healthy and good for your dog`s mouth. It`s a win-win.

Check out tons more great Kong toys here...
Kong Dog Toys.

AND.... if you have a puppy who`s teething you`re going to love
these wonderful Kong puppy teething toys.......

Best Balls For Dogs

Just about every dog loves to play with a ball, whether it`s a soccer ball, a tennis ball or a squeaky ball... they`re all hot favorites.

BUT when it comes for dog toys that are indestructible for, finding a ball that can go the distance is a challenge.

Some of the most popular ones are even downright dangerous for them.

My dogs are pretty average in this respect (but of course they`re above average in cuteness, intelligence and just about everything else, lol) and they love balls just like all their friends.

So, we`ve been through a number of different types and sizes, and here are the ones that win our thumbs up....

Chuckit! Ultra Grip
Ball Launcher (Colors Vary)

The ChuckIt! toy isn`t just a ball, as you can see, but a ball-launcher.

Both the balls and launchers come in a variety of sizes, and are a fantastic way to keep a fetch-loving pooch happy without losing the use of your arm!

However, for my dogs (who are not too sure about the wisdom of returning balls to me), the best part about this are the ChuckIt! Ultra balls themselves.

That`s because they`re super tough!

Both the Ultra Balls and the Ultra Squeaker Balls are extremely durable, made from natural, bouncy rubber, and can withstand a LOT of chewing. Which makes them a very versatile toy indeed.

They fly well and are easy to find, they can float, are easy to clean and the squeaky version keeps its` squeak for longer than most.

Plus, they`re not an expensive toy, so even if they do get destroyed (and most toys do, eventually), it won`t cost you an arm and a leg to replace them.

It`s important to make sure you buy the correct size of launcher (if you`re planning on using the balls for fetch that is) because they`re very specific in terms of fit for a ball.

Here are some of the optional balls/ChuckIt! toys for you to take a look at.

For chewing purposes and durability the Ultra and Ultra Squeaker balls are the best, and please remember to choose the right size for the size/breed of your dog.

I highly recommend trying these out, Ii think you`ll be pleasantly surprised!

ChuckIt! Ultra Balls (2pk) - Medium

ChuckIt! Ultra Squeaker Balls - Medium

ChuckIt! Ultra Tug - Medium

ChuckIt! Ultra Duo Dog Tug - Medium

ChuckIt! Ultra Squeaker Ball- Medium

Jolly Pets Teaser Ball

A great interactive dog toy that has some serious play value... and is big and tough enough for large breeds.

The design has a large outer ball, with smaller one inside. Will keep Fido entertained for hours!

Rolls erratically, and even floats.

The outer ball is made from hard plastic that is extremely durable, but it can crack if thrown energetically against a hard surface.

Some dogs have a tendency to try to get their tongues, paws and noses into the holes to investigate the inner ball.... so supervision is recommended (as always).

Available in four different sizes, and three colors, so there`s something for every dog, and taste. 

Hol-ee Roller X
Extreme 5 Dog Toy

This ball is awesome, and it`s probably one of the most versatile balls ever!

Made from 100% all-natural rubber, it`s `squishy`, stretchy and standsup to a huge amount of abuse. We have several of these in our house andevery dog loves them.

Because they`re so flexible, your pooch can`treally get a good `grip` on them, and the unexpectedness of this is halfthe fun!

I`d recommend choosing just the large `X` strong variety though, because we had a smaller `regular` Hol-ee Roller and the German Shepherd pup eventually managed to tear it up.

The bigger ones though are super-tough, and they truly deserve to be on any `Indestructible Dog Toys` list. 

Tuffy Larry Lobster

Tuffy Ultimates Tug-O-War Double-Ring

... and many more. Check them out, there`s going to be one (or more) that are perfect for your pooch.

Bionic Urban Stick Durable Dog Toy

The Bionics are a range of indestructable dog toys that I recently discovered, and they live up to their name!

Made from high grade, recyclable, FDA-approved `bionic` rubber, these toys are chewy, bouncy, floaty and super-tough.

Available in a variety of sizes and shapes for throwing, stuffing with treats and of course chewing on :) Freezer and dishwasher safe. 

Also see these Bionic dog toys:

Bionic Ball

Bionic Treat Stuffer

Bionic Toss `n Tug (available as add on item)

Goughnuts Original
Guaranteed Indestructible

This range of toys is another of my most recent `finds`.. and they are amazing!

Designed by mechanical and polymer engineers, every GoughNuts toy is made up of two extremely durable layers of rubber.

The outer layer is either green or black, and the inner layer is red. IF your dog manages to chew through the outer layer and reach the `red means stop!` layer, you can return the toy under the company`s `Lifetime Guarantee` and get a free replacement.

Recyclable, floaty, bouncy, and virtually indestructible, GoughNuts come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The black `Maxx` variety are for the largest and strongest power chewers.

Don`t miss out on these.

Antler Dog Chew, X-Large

ANtlerz are a totally natural toy that ALL dogs love, and they`re one of the toughest dog toys around.

Made from real, naturally-shed deer/elk antlers, these playthings will keep your puppy or dog happy and busy... and they`re not smelly or messy (like some other natural chew-toys such as pig ears, bully sticks, hooves and so on).

They`re also a great way to keep his teeth clean because their rough surface and irregular shape works like a toothbrush!

Available in a lot of different sizes and shapes (because no two deer are exactly the same!), there`s one that will be the perfect fit for your pooch.

Petrageous Designs
KaleidoROPE Toy

Rope toys are loved by dogs everywhere, but they`re not the sturdiest of toys.

However, some designs are more durable than others, and this Petrageous Rope Tug is one of the stronger ones.

Colorful rope with three knots for added enjoyment.

At a full 25" long, this is a b-i-g rope toy and works well for tug-o-war between two dogs or just plain old chewing.

Of course, it will be shredded eventually so not really indestructable, but it is one of the toughest dog rope toys available. 

Also available in 10" or 12" rope tugs with two knots (one each end).

Magnus, Elephant Knottie

ALL dogs love soft toys, but there are very (VERY) few that can stand up to the abuse that our power chewers dish out.

The Huggle Hound X-Brace range are one of the exceptions!

(Previously `Tweedy X-Brace` range)

Specifically designed for dogs who love to rip up their `cuddlies`, these soft floppy toys are much tougher than they look.

Patented Tuffut Technology means that this toy stands up to 100+ lbs of tugging and pulling, unique `X-Brace` design keeps limbs firmly attached (because they`re connected at the centre of the toy, not just sewn on.

Several strategically placed squeakers, and 100% machine-washable fabric makes them winners with pups and owners alike!

Available in a variety of designs and sizes to suit power chewers of any breed.

Busy Buddy Tug-A-JugMedium/Large

A great interactive toy, and one that can stand up to a lot of wear-and-tear.

The bottle itself is made from durable, non-toxic plastic.

A textured-rubber `wrap` around the neck, and a sturdy rope attached make for even greater play value and teeth-cleaning properties.

Your pup can see and smell the treats you put inside the jug and his efforts to get them out will keep him busy for ages.

Although this toy is tough and well-built, it`s not a CHEW toy and you want to keep an eye on your pooch when he play with it.

Available in a variety of sizes.

Firehose Squeak `n Fetch

Made from the same type of extra-durable material as firehoses, these tug toys are perfect for your dog to play tug-of-war with... and of course chew on.

The center of the toy`s body is made from heavy-duty rubber and is covered with multiple layers of the super-tough fabric.

The `handles` are not as durable as the body of the toy though, and will fray or even rip off given some time, so do make sure to check this toy for damage on a regular basis.

Not as indestructable as the GoughNuts or Kongs but a good complement to them with a lot of play value. My German Shepherd has had this toy for several months and although the handle is pretty much gone, the rest of the toy is still intact and played with regularly.

puppy playing with red ball

There are a LOT of dog toys on the market, with new ones coming out almost every day, so this list will change and be updated regularly.

I`m always on the lookout for toys that stand up to power-chewers and am currently evaluating (testing on my `guinea pigs` err.. dogs!) two more potentially indestructable toys.

If you`ve got a favorite toy that has taken everything your pup can dish out and is still coming back for more, scroll down to share the good news with the rest of my visitors.

We`re always happy to find a new toy that will last more than a day or two....

Related Pages...........

Visitor Recommendations and Reviews

Do you know of a great, indestructible dog toy that isn`t on my list? Then please share it!

It`s SO frustrating to spend money on a toy, only to have it in pieces within an hour.

The toys on this page have been mainly tested by my own dogs who are `power` chewers themselves, but I`m always on the lookout for really tough
toys that I haven`t come across myself.

Use this form to submit your recommendations and reviews, it only takes a couple of minutes and could help countless other visitors! Thanks :)

What Other Visitors Have Said

Click below to see indestructable dog toys recommended by other visitors.....

Help! Need a DURABLE squeaky dog toy.
I need help. I have an 18 month old Rottie puppy ( Samson) that I rescued at 12 months from death row. He`s currently at 100 pounds.Right now, the …

Strong Brittany
We`ve tried the Everlasting treat ball, Kong Wubba, and Squeez. neither lasted more than a few days, even though we stop the dog who destroys toys from …

Nothing can withstand my pitbulls chew
I have three pit bulls a mom and her two wild boys I can safely say I have spent over a $100 on dog toys that have a life span of maybe at most TWO days. …

Kong is not totally indestructible......
My year old black lab had chewed through every one of the extreme kong toys within 5 minutes.Very disappointed.We currently have a giant nylabones …

kong toys
My 1 year old rottie destroyed the "extreme" big black kong toy that holds treats in 10 mins and also the kong bone shaped treat toy in 20.I was …

Indestructible Squeaker Toy?
I came across this site looking for an indestructible squeaky toy. I have a boxer/pit mix and she will chew through anything.I must say I agree with …

The ChuckIt! Ball - A great toy for power-chewers
My year old lab/rotti x has destroyed nearly everything I have tried so far, with the exception of the orange ball from ChuckIt! …

Hit the butcher for a great chew toy for your dog
Go to a local butcher and ask for a femur bone from a cow or steer.They last a very long time and your dog will love it.Joey,This is …

Finally found the most indestructible chew toy ever!!!
I live on a ranch and own many dogs- labs, pit bulls and a rottweiler. I have been literally spending hundreds of dollars on different chew toys. Each …

Kong Squeez stick failure
Read these comments this morning and went out and bought the Squeez stick.Alfie, the small cockerpoo in my life, loves it so much that he has destroyed …

Destroyer of all toys... Not rated yet
Our golden retriever removed the Jolly Pet Ball rope in a matter of minutes.Hol-ee Roller X Extreme 5 Dog Toy has been with us for over 3 months and …

Bionic Toys Not rated yet
I highly recommend the Bionic toys!My part boxer is now one year old and the Bionic Toys are the only ones that have withstood her grinding chew! …

My dog destroys ALL toys Not rated yet
My dog is an aggressive chewer and it is very expensive to try and get him toys that last.I don`t know what to do or buy. He`s destroyed kongs, bionics, …

Fat Cat Dog toys Not rated yet
The Fat Cat cats and fish have been loved by my dogs and seem to have held up will with some pretty hard play time given to them by the dogs.

Kong toys aren`t as great as they claim!! Not rated yet
I have two English Mastiffs. One older pup the other younger. They are not chewers but they love squeakers! Not one single Kong squeaker toy has lasted …

Kong wubba rabbit And Tuffy snake Not rated yet
My 18 week lab started trashing all her puppy toys, so thought I would look for something a bit more robust.I bought the Kong wubba rabbit, in less …

Video: Jolly Ball - Practically Indestructible Dog Toy for Fetch and Chase - Product Review

How about a dog float noodle? Not rated yet
My lab loves to ride a foam noodle but her nails tear them up.A noodle covered with fire hose material would stand up to this and make for a very …

RIP Kong! Not rated yet
Our 2 English Bulldogs have destroyed every type of kong toy made! They are 2 years old and extreme power chewers!So far the only toys they haven`t …

Racquet balls Not rated yet
I know you are probably promoting kong toys but my dogs chewed them up.The best that holds up to the final test is a regular racquet ball sold at …

Heeler´s choice Not rated yet
I also struggle to find toys for my beloved ACD boy (one year old) which would survive him more than few minutes.I plan to do sports with him so I …

kong toys Not rated yet
I think I have tried every kong toy made and none of them hold up to my boston terrier....he has literally destroyed them and in some cases eaten pieces …

Megalast Balls Not rated yet
I got my 1 yr old Rott/Shepherd two of these balls from doggyloot.com and he has yet to destroy them.I bought them in April and the one only has a …

Mojo treat ball Not rated yet
I bought a medium Mojo treat ball at TJ Maxx/Marshall`s and my pit bull who loves to chew and destroy her toys has not beaten it yet.It`s tough, …

Video: The almost indestructible dog toys from target.

Fat Cat Inc. Large Breed Dog Toys Not rated yet
We are the proud family of a 9 month old male Great Dane, and his toy box is now full of these.His favorites are the snake that we can put empty water …

Click here to write your own.

Kong Squeezz Stick Not rated yet
KONG Squeezz Stick Dog Toy - get a closer look here!This toy has lasted over a month with our "squeak killer".She is a mix of Pit, …

Antlers last longest Not rated yet
We have a 10-month-old Springer Spaniel/Lab mix.It took him no time to destroy a large Wubba, the big Kong Wobbler, the Kong tug toy, tennis balls, …

More indestructible dog toys..... Not rated yet
We have a dog toy destroying puggle who hasn`t seen a fabric toy he hasn`t destroyed.Here are a few toys that he hasn`t put a dent to yet and still …

Click here to write your own.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts