I and love and you recall dog treats

I and love and you Recalling Dog Treats

It’s hard to know what to feed your pets anymore. It seems like there are new recalls announced on pet food and treats every day. It’s really not surprising that so many dog owners are choosing to make their own food at home. If you feed your dog treats from I and love and you, you need to take a peek at the packaging because the manufacturer is the latest company in the pet product industry to announce a recall on their treats.

The company was notified by the Colorado Department of Agriculture that a routine sampling of their Cow-Boom! Strip Beef Gullet dog treats revealed a presumptive positive result for salmonella. The product does come from a supplier in the United States. To err on the side of caution, the company issued a voluntary recall because the dog treats do have the potential to be contaminated.

The voluntary recall is limited to Cow-Boom! Beef Gullet treats that were packaged in 2 ounce bags. The recalled products have lot numbers that end in 4T1 or 5T1, they have a best-by-year of 2016 or 2017 and the UPC number is 8 18336 01134 4. Concerned customers can find the lot numbers and UPC codes on the back of each package next to the proof of purchase bar code.

If you are one of the customers that purchased a bag of the recalled products, you can call or email the company or bring the package back to the place of purchase to receive a full refund. The Cow-Boom! Strips Beef Gullet dog treats were sold throughout the United States to wholesale distributors and retail stores. The product was also distributed through online retailers and grocery chains as well.

I and love and you Recalling Dog Treats

Salmonella is a bacteria that can cause illness in humans and animals. It can affect animals that ingested the product and humans that may have handled it or were exposed to a surface that the product had touched. Dogs that have contracted the disease may have diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, become lethargic, run a fever or begin vomiting suddenly. If you believe that your pet may have consumed these products and is exhibiting any of these symptoms, you need to seek veterinary attention immediately.

If you believe that you may have handled the recalled product or become exposed to a surface with the bacteria on it, you need to monitor yourself closely for signs of the disease. These signs may include vomiting, diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, nausea, fever and abdominal cramping. It is rare, but salmonella can also result in serious conditions including arterial infections, arthritis, endocarditis, eye irritation, muscle pain or urinary tract symptoms. If you believe that you are exhibiting any of these symptoms you need to seek medical attention immediately.

In a statement made public on the company’s website, they said:

“If you believe you or your pet have been exposed, we strongly encourage you to seek physician or veterinarian attention so you or your pet can be properly examined and treated accordingly to determine the cause of any symptoms. If confirmed, we would also like to learn more about what you or your pet is experiencing and how we might be able to help during this time. Please contact our customer service at 855.ILY.LOVE, or via email at [email protected].”

These dog treats from I and love and you have been pulled from store shelves and online inventories. The company has also notified all of its distributors and retailers. They are assuring consumers that no other I and love and you products were affected by the recall.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts