Review: eco dog care anti-itch dog shampoo

Video: Oatmeal Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin by Healthy Clean Pet

More often than not, pet owners are uneducated about the importance of selecting the right shampoo for their dog. Using human shampoo on dogs will dry out the canine’s skin and leave his coat dull. They aren’t formulated for the pH of a dog’s skin. It’s important to select a product that will be safe and effective for your canine companion, like this Eco Dog Care anti-itch dog shampoo.

Eco Dog Care Anti-Itch Dog ShampooMost dog shampoos are full of toxins and chemicals that actually do more harm to your pet than good. Not only do these products dry out the skin and coat, they can also leech into your pet’s body through his skin. Over time, these chemicals can lead to the development of many serious health conditions, like cancer. In this review of Eco Dog Care natural shampoo, I’ll look at all the reasons how this one is different.

Not all dog shampoos are created equal. You need to be sure that you’re looking at the ingredients in the shampoo that you choose to use on your dog. Do a bit of research before you head to the pet store to make sure that the shampoo you select is going to be safe and healthy for you and your dog – don’t forget that you have to rub this shampoo into your pet’s coat with your hands. If it isn’t safe for Fido, it’s probably not safe for you either.

Eco Dog Care Anti-Itch Dog Shampoo Review

I previously did a review on Eco Dog Care’s Simply Clean Shampoo and Freshening Spray. I loved the Simply Clean Shampoo, but it wasn’t beneficial for pets with dry skin. This new formula is an excellent addition to Eco Dog’s line of grooming products.

As you’ll notice in my video review, the consistency of this dog shampoo is different than most similar products. It is made without phosphates, phthalates, parabens and sulfates. These harsh chemicals are what give other dog shampoos their gel-like texture.

You’ll also notice that it is a creamy white color. A natural color is always something that you should look for in the products that you purchase for your dog. From food to grooming products, you should only purchase products that have natural colors. A bright pink or blue product should be the first sign that a product is made with artificial ingredients.

RELATED ARTICLE: Review – 4-Legger Certified Organic Shampoo for Dogs

Eco Dog Care Anti-Itch Shampoo is formulated with a plant-based cleanser that is specifically pH balanced for dogs. This cleanser is infused with essential oils to soothe and calm your pet’s itchy skin. The shampoo works to gently clean your dog while moisturizing his skin and coat at the same time.

The essential oils of cedarwood, eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint are used as natural pest repellents. This is a great benefit for dog owners concerned about fleas and ticks. Eco Dog Simply Clean Anti-Itch Shampoo is also compatible with topical flea treatments, meaning that it won’t wash off the treatment that you’ve already used on your pet.

Video: Homemade Moisturizing Dog Shampoo : Dog Care Info

This dog shampoo is also made with aloe vera, argan oil, avocado oil, burdock root extract, coconut-derived cleanser, colloidal oatmeal, green tea oil, jojoba, marshmallow root extract, pomegranate seed oil and witch hazel extract. These ingredients are used to soothe and moisturize dry skin.

A 16 oz. bottle of Simply Clean Anti-Itch Formula is $14.95 on the company’s website.

Summary of Eco Dog Care Simply Clean Anti-Itch Shampoo for Dogs Review

PROS:

• Eco Dog Care Anti-Itch ShampooSpecifically formulated for a dog’s skin pH
  • Made with natural ingredients
  • Infused with essential oils
  • No phosphates, phthalates, parabens and sulfates
  • Essential oils of cedarwood, eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint are used as natural pest repellents
  • Compatible with topical flea treatments

CONS:

Video: Eco Dog Care Anti Itch Dog Shampoo Review

• More expensive than traditional dog shampoo, but you get much more for your money. It’s comparatively priced with other similar products.

Now it’s your turn to review Eco Dog Care Anti-Itch Shampoo for Dogs

Do you use Eco Dog Care grooming products on your dog? Have you tried this new anti-itch formula? I’d love to hear your personal review. Let us know how it worked for your dog and what you thought about the fresh scent of the essential oils.

Video: Does your dog itch? Try this & cheaper alternative to Malaseb/Microbex

If you have any questions that I haven’t addressed, feel free to leave a comment below. I’d also love to hear your suggestions for future product reviews.

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts