Review: rad dog release n run leash for dogs

Some dogs, like our 10-month-old chocolate lab, need to be on a leash everywhere they go. They cannot be trusted off leash. Then there are the well-trained pets that are able to run off leash when appropriate, like our 5-year-old boxer. No matter which category your pup falls into, all dogs need to be on a leash sometimes – that’s why the Release N Run Leash from Rad Dog was created!

This product is exactly what it sounds like, a collar with a built in leash. You can keep your dog close when need be, and “release ‘n’ run” when you have the opportunity. The Release N Run Leash gives you the convenience of always having a leash available without having to constantly carry one around.

It is small, but it’s made with the highest quality material for the utmost strength. The Release N Run Leash is made in the U.S.A. Our 70-pound chocolate lab pulls on her leash, and the Release N Run Leash has held up very well. It works best with our well-trained boxer.

Rad Dog Release N Run Leash for Dogs Review

Video: Rad Dog Release N Run Leash for Dogs Review

The only time that Chloe, our boxer, is ever on a leash is if we’re going to the vet or when we’re hiking and we pass someone on the trail. She’s very well-trained both on and off leash, so I usually just call her over to me and make her sit. It’s much easier to do it that way than to carry a leash along with me everywhere we go.

Now that we have Rad Dog‘s Release N Run Leash, this is no longer an issue. I can put the collar on Chloe before we leave the house, and we have a leash with us if we end up needing it. It’s so convenient, easy to use and comfortable for our dog.

The first thing I thought when I first took this product out of the package was that the leash was way too thin and would never hold up to our dogs. As I mentioned, our lab is a big dog and she does still pull on the dog leash sometimes. I had some serious doubts about the durability of this leash for dogs at first.

I was surprised to find out that the lead is made with high-quality, durable materials and can hold dogs up to 110 pounds.

The 4-foot retractable dog leash is made with climbers webbing, Cordura and Spectra cord. Now, this didn’t mean much to me at first, so I had to do a bit of research on the company’s website. Spectra is one of the world’s lightest and strongest fibers – ideal for making a lightweight dog leash.

The internal mechanism that retracts the lead was originally designed for scuba divers to use for long periods of time in salt water and for police and military use. Obviously, it was designed for maximum strength – another great quality.

I was also pleased with it’s weight and comfort. This collar weighs just a few ounces more than a traditional collar, which means it won’t weigh down on your dog’s neck while she wears it. There is also a cloth covering, which you can see in my video, that extends past the retracting mechanism about 3 inches to make sure your pet’s fur doesn’t get pulled or caught in the dog leash when it retracts.

The Release N Run Leash for dogs comes in 4 sizes to fit dogs with neck sizes from 14-25 inches. It also comes in 6 colors including:

• Red
  • Fuscia (which I chose)
  • Orange
  • Black
  • Blue
  • Turquoise

This device is also equipped with a steel D-ring to attach another lead if you ever need to do that.

The handle is comfortable to hold, but it’s just a nylon strip. This leash was really designed for owners that would use the leash for short periods of time- basically, for dogs that usually go off-leash.

I did notice that the handle is a bit uncomfortable if you hang on to it for a long walk. Hand fatigue sets in after about a mile.

RECOMMENDED READ: The Best Dog Leash Review

Video: Rad Dog Release'N'Run Leash- Gear Review

The Release N Run Leash will cost you $40, which sounds like a lot but remember that you’re getting a collar and a lead for that price. Not only that, but you’re getting the convenience of having both of these essential dog products together in a convenient package. You won’t ever need to worry about carrying a leash around in your car, purse or pocket again.

Summary of Rad Dog Release N Run Leash Review

PROS:

Video: Release N Run by Rad Dog

• A collar and leash in one
  • Built with the highest quality materials for strength and durability
  • Lightweight and comfortable for your dog
  • Can hold dogs up to 100 pounds

CONS:

• Handle is a simple nylon strap – comfortable for short periods but not ideal for holding for long periods of time
  • More expensive than traditional collar/leash combos, but well worth the price for the convenience of the product

Now it’s your turn to review the Rad Dog Release N Run Leash

Do you have a Release N Run Leash? Have you ever tried one? Maybe you loved it as much as i did, or maybe you’ve got a different opinion. Either way, we’d love to here it! Feel free to leave your own review, opinion and rating for the Release N Run Leash below and let us know what you think!

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts