Top 5 best organic dog treats (usda organic certified)

As a pet owner it is your job to make sure that your dog is always safe. This doesn’t just involve keeping him in the yard and walking him on a leash. Proper nutrition is the best way to keep our pup safe and healthy. Treats are a significant part of your dog’s diet, and that’s why we’ve found the five best organic dog treats that have been certified organic by the USDA.

Top Best Organic Dog TreatsIt’s important to pay attention to the ingredients in your pet’s food and treats. Low-quality protein sources, artificial ingredients and certain common additives can be detrimental to your dog’s health.

You won’t notice any signs or symptoms right now, but over time these ingredients will add to the deterioration of your dog’s body.

Some common ingredients in commercial dog treats have been linked to disease such as canine cancer. There have also been numerous recalls recently on some of the most well-known dog treats on the market.

Just because you see a product on television or because everyone you know buys it, doesn’t mean that it’s high quality. You need to do your own research and select dog treats made with high-quality ingredients.

5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)

1Chicken Dog Treats by Brave Beagle

Best Organic Dog Treats Brave BeagleThe first product to make our list of the best organic dog treats only have one ingredient – dehydrated chicken liver! There are no fillers, gluten, grains, wheat, preservatives, hormones, or sodium. These simple snacks from Brave Beagle are even better than homemade treats. They are made in the USA and the meat is USDA inspected, which ensures your dog is getting one of the highest quality treats available.

• Read reviews of other pet owners

These treats are a great option for any dog, no matter how strict of a diet he is on. These treats can be used for training or as a snack, as a food topper for the pickiest of eaters or a way to sneak medicine into a dog’s diet.

Customers are more than satisfied with these best organic dog treats, especially given the fact that they are one of the very few treats available that are 100% chicken and have no additives. When used as a treat, dogs are eager to please because of the delicious, wholesome flavor. Pet owners with dogs who have allergies or strict diets can finally feel confident in giving their pet treats without worrying about his health or a skin breakout.

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)There are very few dogs that do not enjoy Chicken Dog Treats by Brave Beagle. If, however, your pet does not like these best organic dog treats, the company guarantees to fully refund the price paid for the purchase (or you could always donate them to a friend or local shelter!). Although the treats do not smell appealing to humans (and most treats don’t), they don’t seem to make dog’s breath smell and a quick wash will take any odor off of the pet owners hands easily and quickly.

PROS:
  • Single ingredient
  • Grain and gluten free
  • Hormone and steroid free meat
  • Made in the USA
  • 100% money back guarantee
CONS:
  • Stinky odor

Amazon Pet Supplies Reviews Dog ProductsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read full review): I bought these chicken dog treats for my brother’s dog when I saw a awesome discount for an exchange of a review. Lucky me, Brave Beagle made a quality product that contains 100% chicken and no additive ingredients! With 240 pieces, this product comes in GREAT VALUE and my brother’s dog really love it…

2Chicken Jerky Dog Treats by Pet Eden

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)This jerky is made from 100% USDA grade A chicken breast, and has no grains, preservatives, or any other foreign ingredients. These best organic dog treats by Pet Eden are both made and sourced in the USA, and the chicken is growth hormone and steroid free.

Dogs with sensitive stomachs, food allergies, or food aversions can eat these without fear because it won’t upset their stomach. The treats can be easily broken into smaller pieces so that they can be used either for training purposes or for smaller dogs or puppies. A 30-day money back guarantee makes these treats a no-brainer to try for your pet, as trying is 100% risk free.

Pet owners claim their dogs come running when they hear Chicken Jerky Dog Treats by Pet Eden come out of the pantry. Unlike most dog treats, these actually smell good according to most customers. Dogs seem to enjoy their food more when these are crumbled on top, and the crunchy texture helps to clean your dog’s teeth as he chews.

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)Even the pickiest of dogs love these best organic dog treats and tend to choose them over other options. Most of the customers who are disappointed with this product were expecting a chewy treat that would take their dog time to eat. These treats are meant as a quick snack, as they are thin and crunchy. They are also quite expensive, but the quality and peace of mind make up for the price tag according to most pet owners.

PROS:
  • Single ingredient
  • Made and sourced in the USA
  • Hormone and steroid free meat
  • Grain-free
  • 30-day money back guarantee
CONS:
  • Expensive
  • Not chewy enough

Amazon Pet Supplies Reviews Dog ProductsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read full review): I used to buy my dogs chicken jerky treats which they loved, but I found out that they were made in China and that any dog treats coming from China can be very dangerous for your dogs. I quit buying them but could not find anything that even came close to those treats they loved so much . . . .until now…

3Newman’s Own Organics Premium Dog Treats

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)These heart-shaped, crunchy treats come in a wide variety of flavors and sizes, including Turkey and Sweet Potato, Salmon and Sweet Potato, Peanut Butter, Chicken, and Cheese. Boasting a blended recipe of organic and natural ingredients, these dog treats from Newman’s Own are made in Canada and contain no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.

Video: USDA Say Organic Food From China Is Fake

The treats contain no wheat, soy, or corn, and are 70% organic. Most customers say these treats are the perfect size for dog training (depending on the dog), although some customers choose to break them in two (pre-perforated) pieces when used as such. Newman’s Own Organics Premium Dog Treats come in a convenient resealable bag.

Dogs with digestive problems seem to eat these best organic dog treats with no issue, which makes them a great option for canines with sensitive tummies! As with many products, price comparisons confirm that pet owners can find better deals at Amazon than in stores. As with many other pet-related products, some customers say that their dogs would not eat these treats- however, in the case of these treats, that group is very small.

PROS:
  • Come in a variety of flavors
  • 70% organic
  • Ideal size for dog training
CONS:
  • Not palatable for all dogs
  • Too dry for some dogs

Amazon Pet Supplies Reviews Dog ProductsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): I got a great deal through Amazon on this pack of six bags, so I got two flavors and sizes for my dogs. They are ALL natural, and when you touch them yourself and feel the texture, and see the actual oats and cheese or whatnot for yourself, you will be so happy you are feeding them to your pet instead of crap food…

4Riley’s Organics – Peanut Butter & Molasses – Human Grade Organic Dog Treats

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)These dog treats are made in the USA by a company called Riley’s. They contain no fillers, additives, or preservatives and have only one ingredient = 100% USDA Grade A chicken. They admit that their treats are not cheap- however, they fully stand behind their product.

Video: Dog Food Made With Human-Grade Food

Any customer whose pet doesn’t love these best organic dog treats may send the empty bag back to the company for a full refund, meaning you have nothing to lose by trying! The texture of these treats is crispy and thin, and they are long enough to break into pieces if you choose to use them for training purposes or for smaller dogs or puppies.

Picky dogs love these treats, and pet owners appreciate the lack of ingredients and chemicals included in the product. Riley’s Organics Dog Treats smell good, especially when compared with highly processed treats found in most stores. Customers say they are high quality and many end up purchasing these time and time again. The peace of mind provided to pet owners who feed their dogs this treat is well worth the hefty price tags.

Customers who expected chewy treats were not happy with these fourth best organic dog treats, as it is thin and crispy. Some pet owners say the treats break into sharp pieces and worry that it may injure dogs when swallowed. Although they are called jerky dog treats, they are actually more of a chip-like texture.

PROS:
  • Single ingredient
  • Pleasant odor
CONS:
  • Not “jerky” texture – think and crispy
  • Reports of sharp slivers breaking off
  • Expensive

Amazon Pet Supplies Reviews Dog ProductsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): Our pup is very picky, but loves this chicken jerky. He’s the first dog we’ve ever owned that won’t eat anything you give him…

5PureBites Beef Liver Dog Treats

Top 5 Best Organic Dog Treats (USDA Organic Certified)These best organic dog treats are made with one ingredient only – 100% natural and pure USDA inspected beef liver. They have less than 10 calories per treat, and are freeze dried to lock in valuable nutrients and freshness that many store bought treats are lacking. These treats can be broken into smaller pieces if you are planning to use them as a training snack.

They can also be mixed in with dog food to provide a better taste for your dog, which hopefully inspires him to eat his food with less of a fuss! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may send the unused portion and proof of purchase back to the company for a full refund.

Pet owners who have problems finding treats for their pets are extremely happy to have PureBites Beef Liver Dog Treats as a tasty option for their dog. Although some mention that these treats break down and turn into crumbs in the bottom of the bag, many use these crumbs to mix in with their dog’s food, which makes it far more appealing. Some customers say that these are the best treats they have ever given their dogs, and they plan to use these (and only these) in the future!

Many customers also say these fifth best organic dog treats break up too easily, especially through the shipping process. They may smell strong and some say they give their dog bad breath! Very few dogs choose not to eat these treats, but it is not a common problem among most.

PROS:
  • Single ingredient
  • Freeze-dried to lock in nutrients
  • Less than 10 calories per treat
CONS:
  • Easily break apart
  • Stinky odor
  • May add to bad breath

Amazon Pet Supplies Reviews Dog ProductsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): After my Pit-mix had trouble with food allergies, I tried and tried to find a no grain, no corn, no chicken treat that she would like. She loves these treats and with them made in the USA (which I think should be printed right on the front of the bag) how can you beat them…

Reviews & Comments

Related posts