Tractive reviews

Tractive makes devices meant to help us find our pets when something goes wrong. It’s a pet owner’s worst nightmare to lose sight of their pet when they’re out in the park, or to accidentally leave the door open for just a second to realize their pet is gone. Luckily, Tractive specializes in pet trackers, with GPS, motion trackers, and remotes that even I can figure out.

They specifically make products so that I can locate my dog or cat without any fuss, and with a lot less worry! Light and easy to use devices work with just a quick push of a button on my phone to help me find my pet. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to buy a device that included a plan, but I knew I at least needed to see what Tractive was all about. Another close alternative is the Whistle GPS (read my review here).

Also Read: My post on more gps trackers for dogs or cats​

Tractive Review

If you want to locate something, whether it be your pet, car, suitcase, or even your overactive child, Tractive is a great choice. These small GPS devices give you live positioning so that when you notice they’re missing, you can push the button in just a second and get a location. You’ll need to make sure you have a cell plan, but it might just be worth it to stop the frantic beating of your heart in those scary moments.

Video: Tractive GPS Pet Tracker Review

tractive reviews

Check Latest Price Here

Features

We tend to think of GPS devices as possibly clunky or difficult to handle, but Tractive makes the smallest GPS devices out there. These tiny devices are small, yet powerful. The give you live positioning for any animals running around with only a small monthly service fee.

You won’t even lose your pet if they take a swim thanks to this waterproof device and the clips that keep it securely on their collar. If you don’t have fencing in your yard, that’s no problem either! Instead of a dog training collar, you can use Tractive to set up a safety zone that’ll let you know when they leave. It’s nearly impossible to ever lose sight of your pet, especially with included lights and tracking for the past 24 hours.

• Small and lightweight devices
  • Provide live positioning for any animals
  • Use a free app on your phone or computer to find your pet
  • The device is waterproof, and attached securely to the collar
  • Create safety zones in case your pet leaves the yard
  • Includes a small monthly service fee based on your cell plan
  • Has a light for looking in the dark, and tracking history
  • For more features & details, check here

Video: Tractive GPS Pet Tracker - Pros, Cons & Reviews Of Tractive Pet Tracker

Video: Tractive Gps Pet Tracker ReviewS) Buy Finest Wearable Tech

How it Works

Tractive is one of the easier pet tracking apps out there to use. First you attach the little device to your pet’s collar with one of the included clips. Thinner or thicker collars should have no problem with such a small device. Then get on your phone and download the Tractive app, which is free for almost all types of phones! Once you’re in the app, you can navigate to see your pet from anywhere and at any time. It’s quick and easy to install, and only requires a push of a button. With multiple devices too, you can even use the one app to track all of them. When the battery gets low, just plug it in to charge it before clipping it right back on!

tractive-gps

Video: Tractive Pet Tracking Best of CES 2016 - Professional Review

Pros:

• Dogs can be taken anywhere and coverage persists
  • Safety zones can be set up quickly and easily no matter where you are
  • You don’t need to worry about removing it for swimming time
  • Tractive works faster to tell you where your dog is
  • Power saving mode allows you to have periodic updates to save battery

Cons:

• The two clips aren’t really intended to use on thick or wide collars
  • You have to subscribe to a monthly service plan
  • The battery life is fairly short, even with power saving
  • Technical difficulties with the tracking have been reported

Best Suited For?

The Tractive is best for people who want to keep an eye on their pets. It works long-range and gives you peace of mind if your pet does happen to get out.

General Customer Impression of Tractive

Reviews & Comments

Related posts