Hero firefighter saves dog with cpr

PonyAn Addison, Texas firefighter is being hailed a hero after going far above and beyond to save a lifeless little dog.

Video: Trending: GR firefighter performs CPR, saves dog

Yvette Childers was driving to work when her RV caught fire, igniting all her worldly possessions, including her most precious of all, her 1-year old Chihuahua named Pony.

Within mere minutes, the entire RV was engulfed in flames and smoke, with Pony trapped inside in her crate.

When firefighters arrived, Childers begged them to rescue the love of her life. Using hatchets, the forced their way into the RV and found her.

Capt. Scott Ledet explained to NBC5 News what it was like when he found the dog.

“She was in the very back of the crate, lying on her side. Her eyes were open and she was lifeless,” he said.

Ledet quickly pulled Pony to safety and began efforts to save her life.

“I took off my helmet and mask off and removed her from her cage and just started doing CPR on her like I would a human,” Ledet said. “I actually spread her mouth open and put my lips down to the bottom of her throat and was giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation that way.”

After nearly a half hour of CPR, chest compressions and oxygen, Pony finally began showing signs of life. She suffered a seizure and then began blinking her eyes and gasping for air.

Video: Hero Saves Dying Dog With CPR

An hour later, Pony was up and walking around.

“I never thought twice about not performing CPR on the dog. It was never a question,” said Ledet, a self-proclaimed dog lover.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts