Pet portraits

Today I want to take some time to celebrate these incredible pet portrait artists I’ve had the pleasure of stumbling upon.

pet portraitsIf you haven’t gotten a portrait of your pet done yet, it’s definitely a nice thing to consider. Having an artist-crafted dog portrait or cat portrait is a great way to celebrate the awesomeness that is your pet. It also can serve as a fond tool of remembrance for when you pet has passed away.

Emma Kaufmann

On Etsy, artist Emma Kaufmann creates beautiful watercolor pet portraits for those seeking a loving tribute to their canine pal. These bright, colorful portraits really captured my eye, and I bet you’ll like them too!

Check out some of her work:

pet portrait watercolor

pet portraits from photosKaufmann’s pet portrait prices range depending on the size and how many pets you want. She charges:

• One pet 9″x 12″: $75
  • One pet 12″x 18″: $90
  • Two pets 12″ x 18″ $150
  • One pet 18″x 24″: $150
  • Two pets 18″ x 24″: $200

Kaufmann has a straight 5 star rating on Etsy, so you know you’re in good hands! Contact her on Etsy to order a pet portrait from her.

Paint Your Life

Paint Your Life is a network of artists that specialize in creating custom pet portraits from photographs.pet portraits online

Choose from a number of highly talented artists and browse samples of artwork to choose the perfect artist style for what you’re looking for.

You can choose the materials you’d like for your pet portrait, with options of:

• oil
  • charcoal
  • watercolor
  • pencil
  • pastel
  • acrylic

Prices are also quite reasonable, varying depending on materials and size.

SizesCharcoal / PencilOil / AcrylicPastel / Watercolor
8 x 10$140$180$200
11 x 14$160$200$230
16 x 20$189$230$300
24 x 36$260$280$370
30 x 40$299$320$400

Note: Listed here are a few popular sizes, but there are actually several more sizes offered in the full pricing list, both larger and in-between the sizes shown here.

Some major advantages to using Paint My Life Include:

• pet-potrait-paint-my-lifeGreat Variety. You can get access to a huge variety of artists and different creative styles – ranging from classic and regal to funky and modern.
  • Framing Options. You can also get your portrait framed prior to having it shipped, which can save some time and hassle over getting it framed yourself afterwards.
  • Free Shipping. All portrait ship for free (which is a big deal because shipping costs can be quite substantial, especially for larger portraits.

Video: Classic Pet Portraits: How to Draw a Dog with Joy Thomas

• Unlimited Revisions + Online Proofing. If you don’t love how the painting looks, the artist will continue to work on and adjust the portrait until you are happy with it! You can also see images online of how your painting is progressing.
  • 100% Money Back Guarantee. Even after limitless revisions and seeing online updates of the portrait, if it arrives at you’re home and you are unhappy, you can send back the portrait within 30 days for a full refund.
  • Additional Deals for More Paintings. Paint My Life also offers some great discounts when you order multiple paintings, such as 50% off your 2nd portrait.

I personally love that you get to see a huge variety of artists and styles, all in one place. It’s quite a bit easier that visiting dozens of artist pages individually.

In addition, they often have coupons that allow you to get an even better deal, such as the 30% off promotion they are running with promo code BEST30.

pet portrait from photo

Those who have used Paint My Life tend to be quite satisfied. In addition to positive user testimonials shown on the Paint My Life website itself, they also have a 5 out of 5 rating on Trust Pilot, a website dedicated to user reviews of various services.

paintlife testimonial

Vivian Cooper

Next we have another Etsy artist, Vivian Cooper. Cooper provides more traditional pet portraits done in pastels and watercolors.

traditional pet portraits

pet portraits pastelHer prices are as follows:

• 8×10 watercolor: $95
  • 16×20 watercolor: $300
  • 11×14 watercolor: $170
  • 8×10 pastel: $115
  • 11×14 pastel: $205

Cooper also has a straight 5 star rating on Etsy. Contact her to commission a beautiful pet portrait.

Enzie Shahmiri

Next is artist Enzie Shahmiri who does digital portraits with hand-painted elements. Her work is truly stunning – take a look at a few of my favorites!

dog portraits

pet portraits etsy

dog photography

Shahmiri’s commission pieces start at under $100.

It’s my understanding that Shahmiri does portraits in which much of the work is created digitally, with some hand-painted details added afterwards to give it an authentic, classic-portrait feel. However, I don’t completely understand the process, and I’d recommend discussing your portrait commission with her personally before moving forward to ensure that you’ll end up with a product that you expect.

Shahmiri also does more traditional oil portraits if you’d rather commission one of those.

Fiona Hsieh

This next artist is my personal favorite, as I completely adore her style. Fiona Hsieh is an animation student at CalArts, and her work is really charming and unique.

Take a look at her pet drawings – I think they look like Disney dogs! These doodle-styled portraits cost between $60-90 per animal.

pet drawings

pet portraits from photos

pet portraits artists

Hsieh also offers more complex, landscape pieces that are truly stunning. These commissioned custom portraits range from $200-$300 depending on the details.

pet portraits

custom dog portraitsYou can contact her at [email protected]

Pet Studio Art

Pet Studio Art is another spot where you can order custom pet portrait paintings by artist Stephanie Conrad.

Here’s a quick peek at her work:pet portrait paintings

As you can see, prices vary:

Video: Quick Lighting Tips for Better Pet Portraits

• $215 for 11×14 canvas
  • $225 for 12×12 canvas
  • $315 for 20×20 canvas
  • $375 for 12×24 canvas

Order one of her custom pet paintings on her website, Pet Studio Art!

Pet Portraits: A Comforting Memorial

Having a pet pass away is extremely difficult, and learning how to handle losing a dog is one of life’s biggest obstacles for canine owners.

Getting a pet portrait can help ease some of that pain by helping you remember fond memories with your dog. If you’ve recently lost a pet, try reading our collection of dog loss quotes as well for some comfort, or read our guide detailing what to consider when ordering a pet memorial stone.

Have you ever gotten a pet portrait done? How did it come out? Share your experience in the comments!

<

Reviews & Comments

Related posts