20 Quotes by famous people that all dog lovers can relate to

Menu

Video: Top 10 Quotes FAN EDITION // The Office US

There is no doubt that dogs have had an effect on human beings throughout history. You only need to look at the number of famous dog quotes said by well-known people to prove that fact. If you are looking for a fun saying for a wall in your bedroom or something poignant as a remembrance for a passed pet, these quotes definitely fit the bill.

Video: Celebrity Jeopardy - SNL 40th Anniversary Special

Do you have a favorite quote we didn’t include? Tell us in the comments!

#1 – “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.” – Emily Dickinson (author)

Image source: @Tina via Flickr
Image source: @Tina via Flickr

#2 – “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles de Gaulle (French general, resistant, writer, and statesman)

Image source: @WagnerCezar via Flickr

#3 – “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathon Swift (poet)

Image source: @DaveWalter via Flickr
Image source: @DaveWalter via Flickr

#4 – “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” – Johnny Depp (actor)

Image source: @BrinksAlo via Flickr
Image source: @BrinksAlo via Flickr

#5 – “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” – Deen Koontz (author)

Image source: @DanielStockman via Flickr
Image source: @DanielStockman via Flickr

#6 – “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz (cartoonist)

Image source: @smip.co.uk via Flickr
Image source: @smip.co.uk via Flickr

#7 – “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” – Elizabeth Taylor (actress)

#8 – “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson (28th President of the United States)

Image source: @ParisButtfield-Addison via Flickr
Image source: @ParisButtfield-Addison via Flickr

#9 – “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams (author)

Image source: @popofatticus via Flickr
Image source: @popofatticus via Flickr

#10 – “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” – Marilyn Monroe (actress)

Image source: @AJU_Photography via Flickr
Image source: @AJU_Photography via Flickr

#11 – “It is naught good a sleeping hound to wake.” – Chaucer (poet)

Image source: @DeanSouglass via Flickr
Image source: @DeanSouglass via Flickr

#12 – “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” – Gene Hill (author)

Image source: @ChrisYoung via Flickr
Image source: @ChrisYoung via Flickr

#13 – “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” – John Grogan (American journalist)

Image source: @LeeWright via Flickr
Image source: @LeeWright via Flickr

#14 – “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” – Louis Sabin (author)

Image source: @johnlevanen via Flickr
Image source: @johnlevanen via Flickr

#15 – “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings (humorist, a.k.a. Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Image source: @TheU.S.Army via Flickr
Image source: @TheU.S.Army via Flickr

#16 – “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.” – Doris Day (actress)

Image source: @NoelZiaLee via Flickr
Image source: @NoelZiaLee via Flickr

#17 – “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart” – Judy Desmond

Image source: @Brandon via Flickr
Image source: @Brandon via Flickr

#18 – “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull (author)

Image source: @ryan via Flickr
Image source: @ryan via Flickr

#19 – “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras (writer and photographer)

Image source: @StateFarm via Flickr
Image source: @StateFarm via Flickr

#20 – “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck (author)

Image source: @Mortenthomsen via Flickr
Image source: @Mortenthomsen via Flickr

Reviews & Comments

Related posts