Best dog toothpaste review: 7 ones that we love

Getting your dog to sit still while you brush their teeth is hard enough. Getting them to sit still while you brush with flavorless and less than hygienic toothpaste is nearly impossible! If you’re going to go through the trouble of keeping their teeth clean, you might as well use the best toothpaste out there, with the best dog toothpaste reviews to help.

​Your Dog’s Dental Hygiene

When your teeth and mouth feel dirty and you wince at your own breath, it’s disgusting to put it simply. You’re cringing right now, aren’t you? Well, that’s how your dog feels when their teeth aren’t kept nice and clean too.

Dental hygiene is incredibly important, not just for comfort, but for health too. Brush often so that damage in the mouth won’t spread. That includes loss of gum tissue, development of a hole, bone infection, and fractures in the jaw.

Click to check out my number 1 recommendation for best doggy toothpaste (if you have no time to read through).

Those tiny bacteria will grow astronomically in number if you don’t brush, and they can even enter the bloodstream. The heart, kidneys, and liver can all be hurt from periodontal disease, which is why you need the best toothpaste specifically for dogs.

​Frequently Asked Questions

​The best brand means nothing if you don’t know what to look for. Even the smallest questions are important when it comes to the health of your dog.

Also Read: My post about the best toothbrushes for dogs​

​Can’t I Just Use Human Toothpaste?

​No! Human toothpaste is not meant for dogs. Well, I guess technically it can be used, but toothpaste meant for humans isn’t meant to be swallowed, and you can bet that your dog will end up swallowing anything you put in their mouth.

​What Ingredients Are There?

Think about what goes into the toothpaste, just like when you think about what’s going into their foods. If there’s tea tree oil or propylene glycol, ask your vet just to be sure. Be sure to stay away from any abrasive toothpastes or anything made with artificial sweeteners or alcohol.

​Can Toothpaste Improve My Dog’s Health?

Yes it can! It’s a little surprising that the tiny teeth in your dog’s mouth can have such a significant health impact, but oral health is incredibly important. Brush your dog’s teeth at least three to four times a week if you can to clean things up.

Also Read: What are the best dog treats to give?​

​Best Dog Toothpaste Reviews

Figure out the best toothbrush for your dog before you grab the right toothpaste and get started. I did all the tough stuff and fixed up the list of best dog toothpastes, so now all you have to do if find out what you need. Natural toothpaste? For tartar and plague? Toothpaste to fix bad breath? I found them all right here.

CET Poultry Toothpaste

CET is one of the most highly recommended brands out there when it comes to dog toothpastes. It’s formulated for both dogs and cats with special antibacterial action to even inhibit plaque. Mouth odors will be no more, and without any foaming agents, it’s completely safe for your dog.

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• The toothpaste prevents tartar build up even if you don’t brush
  • Dogs love the flavor and even start waiting for it!
  • Teeth are noticeably whiter and plaque just slides right off

Cons:

• The formula change appears not to be liked by some pets
  • Some people don`t like the smell

Petsmile Professional

There’s toothpaste that requires no brushing? Yeah, I didn’t think that it was possible either. Petsmile has made it possible though with its safe and food-grade ingredients. The broil beef flavor will have your dogs running to you while the plaque inhibition prevents anymore dental problems.

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• Preventing and removing tartar build up
  • One of the very few toothpastes without sorbitol
  • Bad breath completely disappears, and the gel can just be rubbed into the gums

Cons:

• The toothpaste separates a bit and must be shaken up before use
  • Can be a little watery

Petrodex Enzymatic

Toothpaste for dogs is formulated just for them with flavors like poultry to make it easy for you to brush. Petrodex is a popular brand of dog toothpaste that may just be the best toothpaste for bad breath as it aids in tartar and plaque removal. Brushing may not be so difficult with just the right toothpaste.

Video: Review Virbac CET puppy dog Toothpaste Malt and Clenz a Dent rinse

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• Fresh breath, no tartar, and white teeth
  • It’s an easy and cheap way to keep the gums and teeth clean
  • Dogs love the flavor and are more than happy to get brushed

Cons:

• It can be a very sugary toothpaste that makes a mess
  • It’s not available in any other flavors, so your dog might get bored

TPet Dental Care Gel

Tartar and plaque are the enemy of your toothbrush and toothpaste! Make sure to combat them with the TPet gel just for your tartar and plaque removal needs. Bad breath doesn’t stand a chance either as you massage it into their gums to give them fresh breath! With TPet also sporting the title of best natural dog toothpaste, there’s no better option.

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• People love the pump bottle design to clean up teeth
  • The gel can be rubbed over the teeth and gums for easy removal with a toothbrush
  • A little bit of brushing each day with just a little gel works wonders

Cons:

• Some people see more improvement with their dogs` tartar issues but some don`t see much

Arm & Hammer Whitening Toothpaste for Dogs

Yes, Arm & Hammer makes toothpaste too. I didn’t know that either, but the same guys who clean up your home help clean up your dog’s teeth too! This toothpaste will whiten up your dog’s teeth and give them the best possible smile. After only 2-3 brushes a week, your dog’s smile might even be brighter than yours.

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• Breath smells great after brushing and you won’t need to brush every day
  • The included toothbrush and finger brush work great
  • Dogs seem to love the flavoring

Cons:

• It’s been reported to smell somewhat acidic or like urine
  • Does not work well if you don’t remember to use it consistently
  • It contains titanium dioxide, which are tiny bits of metal used for flavoring

Petrodex Veterinary Strength Toothpaste

When it comes to tartar and plaque removal, Petrodex really is the best. Recommended by veterinarians, this toothpaste cleans teeth and freshens breaths easily. The kit even contains three pieces for you to use, including a toothbrush, finger brush, and the toothpaste. It can’t get better than that!

Check Latest Price Here

Pros:

• Dogs end up begging to have their teeth brushed!
  • It removed tartar wonderfully and really whitens and freshens teeth
  • The product works wondered for dogs, and comes at a reasonable price

Cons:

• People dislike the finger brushes and wish more colors to differentiate between dogs were included
  • There are discrepancies between flavors

Video: Minecraft Animation | BEST OF DERP SSUNDEE!! (6 MILLION SUB SPECIAL)

How To Brush My Dog’s Teeth

Now that I’ve gone over all your toothpastes, you still need to know how to brush! Technique is actually very important if you want to get them all clean, so expect to take a little time.

Pick up your dog toothbrush or finger brush, but first, introduce your dog to the toothpaste. Let them lick it from your finger, and use your finger to massage it into their gums. Work up to the actual toothbrush and get them used to having the toothbrush and your fingers in their mouth. Start with two or three teeth at one time until your dog gets comfortable, beginning with the back teeth and working your way up. Brush them near the gum line just like you would brush your own teeth!

Also Read: Best Vitamins that you should be feeding your dog​

​How Often Should I Brush My Dog’s Teeth?

​Many people say you should brush your dog’s teeth every day. You might not have time to brush your dog’s teeth every day. That’s why, at the very least, you should try and aim for three to four times a week, or at least just once! That’ll at least keep your dog from getting sick and will keep their teeth relatively clean. Even once a week is better than nothing.

​Conclusion

​It’s so difficult picking out the best for your pet! We want them to be healthy and happy, but part of that is getting into their mouths and brushing like there’s no tomorrow! When you go through the trouble of keeping your dog’s mouth clean, you’ve got to make sure you have the best. Pick out the best toothpaste and toothbrush and get started.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts