Deaf little girl adopts a dog like her — and teaches him sign language!

Video: (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO) Deaf Girl Teaches Her DEAF Puppy Sign Language | Heartwarming

When 10-year-old Julia and her mom Chrissy met Walter, a Terrier-Chihuahua mix, it became clear that their forever friendship was meant to be.

Video: 10-Year-Old Deaf Girl Teaches Sign Language To Her Hearing Impaired Dog

“When I first held Julia, since she couldn’t really hear, she would smell my neck. And when I first held Walter he did almost the same exact thing. I remember just looking at him, and I knew that he was meant to be ours,” said mom Chrissy in a story by CBS News.

Julia was born deaf and knows sign language. She began teaching Walter, and now the two can communicate. The clever pup, who is 7 months old, can sit, tell his humans he’s hungry, and respond to his name, according to CBS.

Julia is so good at “talking” to her furry best friend, he doesn’t even know he’s different!

Watch the viral video, posted by the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA, of this unstoppable duo:

Sometimes, fate brings perfect pairs like this together. Remember the story of the one-eyed dog who found the perfect owner, or the 3-legged pup adopted by the little girl who is an amputee? These two souls were just meant to find each other!

Way to go Julia and Walter. You two are an inspiration!

(h/t: CBS News)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts