Nutramax dasuquin with msm for large dogs review

Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs Review

My young Labrador Trevor had started limping not too long ago, and being a caring dog owner, this instantly got me worried. My vet recommended to start giving him joint supplements, but at the time, I wasn’t sure how comfortable I was with that idea. I thought that possibly tweaking his diet would do the trick, but unfortunately that didn’t do anything, so I had to cave in — I went with Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for large dogs, and this is my review of the product.

Check-Amazon-Price

Video: Nutramax Dasuquin Review - Don't Buy Nutramax Dasuquin Until See This Nutramax Dasuquin Review !

Needless to say, I was very nervous at the time when this issue arose because most Labradors have a tendency to suffer from arthritis at later stages in their lives regardless of their proper diet. Seeing Trevor suffering from joint problems at such a young age just broke my heart. Plus, this meant that things were likely to worsen with age. I figured that supplements were necessary at that point.

I browsed the internet and visited online forums to see what I could do in order to help my dog. Fortunately, I came across a forum thread where several dog owners were facing similar issues. Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM was mentioned as a solution to the problem, so I started my research on the product. I wanted to know more about the manufacturer, ingredients, benefits and possible side effects so that I can determine how safe it is for my dog, and will it potentially prevent using dog steps in the future.

Dasuquin dog supplements are made by an American company Nutramax Laboratories based in South Carolina, USA. They are manufacturing several types of supplements for dogs of all sizes, and the company actually has a massive range of different kinds of pet products most of which are supplements. I was impressed.

Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-for-Large-Dogs-Review

Seeing how the manufacturer is investing a lot into their research and actually specialize in pet supplements should always be a good sign, right? I knew that I was buying a product from people who’ve been in the field for years, spent millions in research and do know what they’re doing. I was pretty much sold at that point and went looking for Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM on Amazon.

There’s more to this story down below, but the morale of it is that 1) always do your research, 2) this supplement turned out to be a great investment. I understand why it’s being regarded as the number one joint supplement among most not only dog owners but pet owners in general. Let’s dig in deeper into why this product is so great and the reasons you absolutely must start giving it to your pet.

Key benefits of Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM

• 100% positive reviews from almost 800 customers on Amazon!
  • Fast results: Depending on the size of your dog, the supplement usually works extremely fast and if there was an issue, then you should be able to notice a difference in your dog within a week. Mine stopped limping after about 1.5 weeks.
  • Highly recommended by veterinarians.
  • Very high quality ingredients.
  • Developed after years of experimentation and research.
  • No side effects: So far, there have been no reported side effects for this supplement. The ingredients would increase the production of certain molecules. These molecules would be used by your dog’s body to hydrate the joints. You don’t have to worry about your dog getting affected adversely by these pills.
  • Easy to administer: Since the tablets are chew-able, you could just mix these in your dog’s food. If s/he doesn’t take it anyway, you can try the next best thing – Greenies Pill Pockets.
  • Can be used to heal broken bones: If your dog happens to break his/her leg, you can use the product to speed the healing process. Works.
  • Effective: Almost every dog owner reports positive effects of the product. My Trevor never had any joint problems after I started giving him Dasuquin. He runs as fast as he always has and he hasn’t limped in ages.

Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs Review

Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-for-Large-Dogs-for-Small-Medium-Dogs

I began using dog joint supplements out of necessity when my Labrador Trevor suddenly became more passive and he seemed to have lost interest in exercising or jogging with me. This meant that something was wrong because Trevor was not the kind of dog that would turn down an opportunity to exercise or run outside. After a while, a slight limp appeared.

At that point I started researching and my research brought me to Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for large dogs.After I started giving him the tablets, he appeared to have regained his strength and eagerness to exercise.The limp became unnoticeable after about week and a half, and went away completely in about 3 weeks.

I’ll admit that even though I had high expectations (due to extremely positive reviews and the popularity of the product), but the skeptic in me still did not expect the supplements to work the way they are being advertised. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

I did not use any other supplements or painkillers, and did not switch up my dog’s diet or exercise routine in any major way. Seeing the product doing its job pretty much daily was kind of exciting.

Given the way I was brought up, I have never been a big fan of medicine and supplements, but when the time comes, there’s nothing you can do about it. I guess it’s thanks to my skepticism that I’m very stoked about reviewing this product as my experience with it has been the most positive I’ve ever had with any product, for dogs or for people. I still give him a pill once day after breakfast and will continue to do so until advised otherwise by my vet.

Remember that this is a supplement, and while it substitute real food, you can (and probably should) give this to your dog on a regular basis if there’s even a little tendency to develop joint problems. The only way this will work is that the supplement will benefit your furry friend.

Amazon customers’ rating

This is currently the most popular dog supplement on Amazon. For more details on the product, please see the Q&A page where majority of customers’ questions have already been answered.

Barnett’s review (read the full Amazon review):Our 9 year old Newfoundland started having difficulty going up and down the stairs and would limp around after getting up from lying down on the floor. We took him to our vet and he prescribed Tramadol for his pain and gave us MSM powder to add to his food once a day. He did have some minimal improvement but it just wasn’t what he deserved. I spoke with some friends of ours who have an older Newf…5 out of 5

Strong’s review (read the full Amazon review):I have a 14 yr old Yellow Lab named Dexter who is still walking on his own because of this product. Three monhts ago a thoughtful friend shared a partially used bottle with me because her dog passed away. Dexter’s hips were not working well for him at all. He was…5 out of 5

Sprague’s review (read the full Amazon review):Wow. I would never have believed it if I hadn’t seen the results myself. My eleven-year-old Bouvier suffered from extremely painful spine and hip problems. She whined and cried A LOT and was extremely restless because she couldn’t get comfortable. It was very upsetting, and we even talked about (but didn’t seriously consider) having her euthanized because she seemed to be so miserable… 5 out of 5

In-Stock-at-Amazon

What exactly is Dasuquin?

From the manufacturer’s website:

We have combined over ten years of clinical use and research on our joint health supplement Cosequin® with our research in advanced joint health ingredients in developing Dasuquin®, a cost-effective formulation for dogs, available only through your veterinarian.

Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-for-Large-Dogs-Administration

Video: Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs

Dasuquin is actually a combination of ASU (which is avocado & soybean unsaponifiables), NMX1000, decaf tea with Cosequin’s FCHG49 (whatever that is), TRH122 low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride. All thise to provide your dog with the most comprehensive joint health management formula that’s available on the market today.

Dasuquin’s combined ingredients have been scientifically* proven to stimulate your dog’s cartridge matrix production, which is how the joints stay hydrated and healthy. Added ASU that’s obtained from soybeans and avocados protects your pet’s joints from further damage and wear that way complementing the effects of other ingredients and supplements.

* Reference: Lippiello L, Woodward J, Karpman R, et al. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2000-381:229-240.

How does the product work?

Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-for-Large-Dogs-Label

Video: Dasuquin With Msm For Dogs

As claimed by the manufacturer, Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM has been developed with every dog’s health and requirements in mind. Now, given my positive experience with one of their products, it’s hard for me to argue with that statement, but in reality – who knows. Let’s see how exactly can this product benefit our pets.

• Glucosamine is a natural ingredient found in healthy cartilage and also the most popular joint supplement there is today, and it does work wonders in both humans and animals (scientifically proven). It has been incorporated into these pills.
  • Nutramax Dasuquin pills hydrate your dog’s joints by holding water molecules in the cartilage.
  • The cartilage would cushion your dog’s joints by preventing compression, and strengthened cartilage would protect your dog’s joints so that it can exercise without experiencing any joint pains.
  • Soybean, which is part of the ingredient list, is excellent for people and pets that have a tendency to develop diseases such as arthritis.
  • Avocados have been incorporated into Nutramax Dasuquin as well. These consist of certain chemicals that would protect against inflammation. Avocados also help with joint stiffness and pain.

Video: Nutramax Dasuquin

Ingredients: Glucosamine Hydrochloride (900mg), Methylsulfonomethane (MSM) (800mg), Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (350mg), Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables (90mg). Also contains natural liver flavor, dextrose, dried brewer’s yeast, microcrystalline cellulose, gum resin, soy protein isolate, magnesium stearate, tea, natural and artificial flavoring, mixed tocopherols, and silicon dioxide.

Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-for-Large-Dogs-Ingredients

The product is made of completely natural ingredients and each of these contribute to supporting your dog’s joints in one way or another.

Dosage: How to administer this supplement?

How to administer Nutramax Dasuquin soft chews:

How-to-administer-Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-dosage

How to administer Nutramax Dasuquin chewable tablets:

How-to-administer-Nutramax-Dasuquin-with-MSM-tablets

The same graphs and instructions can be found on the manufacturer’s website.

Additional notes on the product

While Dasuquin is not harmful in any way, please make sure not to give this to your dog “just in case.” There’s never a need to supplement your pet’s diet if everything is already working well. This is especially true for dog owners with younger pets. Now dogs who are considered old might actually benefit from once-a-day joint pill.

When the vet didn’t actually made it clear that your dog needs the supplement, younger dogs should only be made to eat these on days that their owners plan on taking them out for longer walks, jogs or any other physical activity that would put ongoing stress on their joints.

Remember that you don’t want your dog’s system to rely entirely on the supplement for joint support. The aim should always be to get everything necessary from regular, natural diet. Only when that is not possible should we consider supplements and other artificial additives to our and our pets’ daily lives.

Things you might want to consider

The product works well on most dogs, it did a great job with mine, but my research showed that there are still some things you need to consider before purchasing Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs.

Dogs don’t usually like them. Big surprise! Some dogs just don’t like how the tablets taste, smell, look or whatnot, therefore, it could be difficult to hide the entire pill in your dog’s food. But again, we have Greenies Pill Pockets specifically designed for this very same purpose so make sure to use them!

Might not work on all dogs. It seems like age could become a factor among dogs when it comes to joint supplements. Nutramax seems to relieve very old dogs from strong joint paints but doesn’t heal them completely. Even though limping and joint pains can be reduced to to a minimum, which is what matters, your dog might still experience certain discomfort due to his/her age.

Allergies. Though the ingredients used to make the product are harmless, you should still get your dog checked first. For all you know your dog could be allergic to the natural ingredients, too. Better be safe than sorry.

Conclusion of Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Review

I was stoked to see the results of the supplement with my own eyes, and it was especially great to have my dog back on the exercise routine with me. Trevor and I are big fans of long walks, jogs and hikes, so it’s absolutely imperative for us that we are both healthy and in good shape.

Since my Lab is still young and active, I didn’t think he could suffer from arthritis yet, or any other joint-related issues for that matter. Vet has confirmed, and his recommendation on supplements was what actually brought us back together.

Check-Amazon-Price

Now don’t get me wrong, Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for large dogs is actually a pretty expensive supplement, but isn’t it our health that we shouldn’t skimp on? Yes, yes it is. Why should we feel different about our dogs’ health then? All I can say is that it’s definitely worth the price.

So, is Nutramax Dasuquin the best supplement in the market? Well, aside from the fact that it’s very pricey, it very well may be the one and only solution to your dog’s joint problems. It worked really well on Trevor and I am now subscribed on Amazon for regular dispatches of the product. I would definitely recommend it!

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts