Use this app to let your dog sniff out friends on social media

Video: HOW TO CONVINCE YOUR PARENTS TO DO ANYTHING

Use This App to Let Your Dog Sniff Out Friends On Social Media

I’m sure you’ve heard of Tinder, possibly the most popular dating app for humans on the planet. Now there is an app for dogs that offers essentially the same features. Of course, the dog owner is the one that actually runs the app, but Sniffr was created to facility actually meet ups between canines that could potentially lead to relationships.

Video: meechonmars - Vines Compilation May/2016 Updated

Yep, you read that correctly – relationships. Whether you think your dog needs a canine love companion or he just needs to make a few friends, you may want to check out Sniffr. You may even find a new friend for yourself. Many dog owners have begun to use the app as a dating tool for themselves.

Think about it. If you’re a dog lover and you want to date someone who has or appreciates the amazingness of your pet, why not look for someone on an app created for pet parents? The app allows you to coordinate meet ups and playdates with dogs and their owners.

When a user downloads the free app they will be prompted to create a profile that can include photos of their dog (and themselves if they choose). Once you’re signed up and your profile is filled out you’ll have access to browse thousands of other profiles. You can filter the profiles or use a GPS map to see which dogs live in your neighborhood.

If you see a profile that you, or your dog, likes you can ‘sniff’ it and hope that the other dog ‘sniffs’ you back. Think of it as ‘poking’ someone on Facebook. You can message other dog owners to set up individual meets or invite them to join your ‘pack.’ You can group-chat with your pack and set up multi-dog playdates too.

There are several similar apps, but the chat feature that Sniffr offers is unique. Similarly, this is the only app of its kind that facilitates dating between dog owners as much is it focuses on getting canines together. At the end of the day, it’s just another great way to get active in your local dog community.

Video: The Psychic Dog Prank

The app is currently available in Canada and the United States, but is said to be spreading across the pond to England this summer. As odd as this concept seems, I actually think it’s a great idea. Internet dating is the wave of the future, so why not make a dating app that caters to dog owners.

I’m married, but when I was dating I would have never chosen someone that didn’t accept my dogs. Dog owners want to be with someone who loves their dogs as much as they do. There are dating apps specifically for people of the same religion, people who share the same values and even for people with the same occupation.

There are even dating sites that are created specifically for farmers. I’m sure there are more dog owners in the world than there are farmers, so why not create an app that will bring them together? Even if you’re married or just not looking for love, you could still use the app to meet dog owners in your area. It’s always nice to make friends in your neighborhood that have similar interests.

What do you think? Would you use an app like this to find a mate for your dog? What about a partner for yourself? Do you think that an app like this would be popular in your neighborhood? I live in a very rural area, so I think it would be great to get a ‘pack’ of dog owners in our local area together a couple of times a week for a doggy play group.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts