5 Best car seat covers for dogs to protect your car’s upholstery

Bringing your canine companion for a ride is a lot of fun for both of you. Most dogs love the car, and it’s nice to have a friend to keep you company when you’re on the road. This can sometimes result in your car’s upholstery suffering badly. Investing in the best car seat covers for dogs means you can save money and time on cleaning your car’s interior after traveling with dogs.

5 Best Car Seat Covers for Dogs to Protect Your Car`s UpholsteryCar seat covers like the ones we have previously reviewed on Top Dog Tips and the ones shown in the below list protect your vehicle’s upholstery from dog hair, dirt, debris, your pet’s claws, and from becoming stained. It’s one of the best investments for those who travel with dogs frequently.

While a little dirt from your dog may not be too much trouble to deal with, dog hair is truly difficult to remove from the car, let alone dealing with the results of your dog scratching the car’s interior. The main pro of these best car seat covers for dogs is that they protect the interior and are easy to clean, and easy to install in just a few minutes.

Even if you don’t bring your dog in the car very often, you’ll have to take him for a ride at some point. Using a booster car seat for dogs may be a good option for small dogs, but unfortunately there are no dog car seats manufactured for medium or large dog breeds.

Whether you’re traveling or taking a trip to the vet’s office, your pooch will be in your vehicle at least a couple of times each year. These five best car seat covers for dogs are likely to last for many years, especially if you take good care of them.

5 Best Car Seat Covers for Dogs
Protect Your Car’s Interior from Dirt and Scratches

14Knines Rear Seat Cover for Cars, Trucks and SUV’s

4Knines Rear Seat Cover for Cars, Trucks and SUV`sThis back dog car seat cover by 4Knines exhibits an excellently thought-out design. It keeps dogs comfortably positioned in the car while minimizing the frequency of removing dog hairs from the seats and car surfaces. This product comes in two sizes and colors of black, gray and tan. The material used is rated 190 GSM which measures the density, quality and weight of the material.

• Read reviews of other pet owners

4Knines dog seat covers are water resistant with 3 layers of protective PU, and it does not bleed. Sturdy and adjustable straps attach to the headrest to keep the seat in position. Straps for the front headrest are also added should the seat be used as a hammock. There are latch openings

Customers agree that this is one of the best car seat covers for dogs, as it is beautifully designed and great-looking. Also, unlike most covers they’ve tried in the past, this one settles in place. The 4Knines Rear Seat Covers for Cars, Trucks and SUV’s has a non-slip back surface really does its job. The heaviness of the material and the added pad between the surfaces provides extra comfort and stability.

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsSome buyers with bigger cars wished that the XL size was a little wider, although the side flaps sort of compensated for the needed few inches. Other than that, they found everything else perfect. This product stays in place unlike other products that shifted everywhere. For most buyers, it was just the right size and it provided perfect coverage. It’s so well put-together – both concept and construction that customers were eager to recommend it to friends and would-be buyers.

PROS:
  • Comes in two sizes and colors of black, gray and tan
  • Water resistant
  • Can be used as a hammock if desired
  • Equipped with openings for easy access to seat belts
CONS:
  • Buyers with large vehicles wished the XL size was a bit wider

The Best Car Seat Covers for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “First let me start by saying this is a BEAUTIFULLY designed and luxurious dog liner for the back seat! I spent a good week researching all different manufactures and reviews about the pluses and minuses and THIS IS ALL (A+++) I ordered this and decided to mention that mine had a slight manufacturing defect. Nothing to serious. It happens with everyrhing in life. Nevertheless i got a response in 3 MINUETS!!!!…”

2Plush Paws Pet Seat Cover

Plush Paws Pet Seat CoverThis Plush Paws dog seat cover protects the car seats from scratches, reduces vacuuming and cleaning, and keeps the dog comfortably seated and secured in the car. This item comes in three colors and two sizes to choose from. The regular size measures 55 inches wide and 58 inches long.

The material is rated 180, nonporous, and highly durable. Silicone backing, stretchable straps and seat anchors keep the cover snug and non-slip. Seat belt openings, side flaps, and hammock-option make this the hygienic, elegant-looking, and functional seat cover for your car. The included harnesses and seat belt adapters were also such great freebies, which buyers said made them feel more secure.

While other products ripped off easily, or didn’t fit, or moved around a lot, this dog car seat cover proved to be durable, had perfect cover, and settled in place with its tube-like seat anchors. The Plush Paws Seat Cover solved a lot of concerns for pet owners who liked to bring their dogs along during trips. With their new purchase, they had less to worry about including paw damage on the interior surfaces of their car, spilled food and scattered crumbs, dogs’ drools, and shed hair.

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsThis is one of the best car seat covers for dogs, as the hammock does not only add to the dog’s comfort, but also acts as a barrier to keep Fido from coming to the front seat. The same was said about the side-release buckles and harnesses. They were certainly functional in keeping dogs in their proper place, said one customer. A few were puzzled for a while, though, on how to properly install the straps and would appreciate if an online instructional video were provided by the seller or manufacturer.

PROS:
  • Comes in three colors and two sizes
  • Regular size measures 55 inches wide and 58 inches long
  • Equipped with silicone backing, stretchable straps and seat anchors
  • Features seat belt openings, side flaps, and a hammock-option
  • Comes with dog harnesses and 2 seat belt adapters to keep your Fido safe while your vehicle is moving
CONS:
  • A few consumers had trouble installing this best dog seat covers for dogs, but you can watch the video below for detailed instructions

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “It took me a long time to decide on a pet seat cover for our new SUV. We take our dog with us very often and I hate to see our leather seats being scratched/getting dirty constantly. I took lots of time researching trying to find the perfect seat cover. I really liked that this one because it can be used as a hammock, or the front portion can be left down…”

3FitPetX Deluxe Waterproof Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV’s

FitPetX Deluxe Waterproof Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV`sThis dog seat cover for cars is a black, hammock-convertible that measures 54 inches by 58 inches. This is one of the best car seat covers for dogs because it is made from thick and water-resistant polyester, quilted and padded for comfort. This product from FitPetX stays in place thanks to intensified seat anchors, security handles, and non-slip rubber netting on the reverse side.

Two large openings are provided for car seat belts. Priced reasonably, this surely is a practical way to keep cleaning of the car’s interior to a minimum and protecting the seats from stains, hair, spills, and tears. Customers find the hammock feature very useful. It keeps dirt and debris off the seat and the floor of the car. It also prevents sleeping dogs from falling or rolling off to the floor, especially on sudden stops and turns.

Buyers found the material of the FitPetX Deluxe Waterproof Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV’s comfortable, durable, and resistant to moisture and dirt. They also found out that it cleans off by wiping, vacuuming, washing, and the occasional visit to the car wash. They call it functional comfort, and no one seems to question it. One customer opines that for really big and heavy dogs, the hammock-option is not possible at all. She does not count it against the product, though, because it has been nothing but amazing in the other aspects.

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsWhen washing is not an option, soiled areas easily wipe off with a wet rag. Water will not go through this dog car seat cover. Buyers agree that the material is tough and construction is solid – no more slipping off the seat. They say the clips are sturdy and easy to fasten, and there are no weird strings to attach to the headrest or the base of the seat.

PROS:
  • Measures 54 inches by 58 inches
  • Made from thick and water-resistant polyester, quilted and padded for comfort
  • Equipped with intensified seat anchors, security handles, and non-slip rubber netting on the reverse side
  • Offers two large openings for seat belt access
CONS:
  • One consumer noted that the hammock option is not strong enough to support large dogs, but the same can be said for most other best car seat covers for dogs

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “AWESOME!!! I have a mini van where the seats come out completely (instead of the fold down feature) This leaves the seat hole open in the bed. My 3 large dogs love car rides, but hate the back seat because they get their toes stuck in these holes. This liner covers the entire bed of my mini van. It’s nice and padded so it’s comfortable for them…”

4NAC&ZAC Waterproof Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV’s

NAC&ZAC Waterproof Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV`sThis sleek, finely textured and waterproof hammock seat cover from NAC&ZAC is adequately sized at 56 inches by 63 inches. It’s actually bigger than most seat covers available. Customers who require much bigger sizes may inquire from the seller for even larger seat covers. This is made of high-quality materials – the top layer is made of polyester, the middle layer is PE material, and the bottom layer is soft rubber.

All these materials combined make for a soft, sturdy, water and scratch-resistant, and non-slip cover. The rubber layer and seat anchors keep the seat part in place, while the straps and elastic grips secure the back of the cover. Side flaps and an additional piece of material that connects to the front headrests configure to form the hammock. Customers who bought this suddenly found their old seat covers flimsy and not worth the money they paid for them.

Buyers quickly discovered that this best seat cover for dogs protected their leather seats from all sorts of “accidents – from greasy French fries to accidental bladder leaks from aged dogs. It can also collect an amazing amount of hair. While this was designed for dogs, nothing could prevent customers from using it to hold other things like plant seedlings which needed extra care while being transported. Many have used the NAC&ZAC Waterproof Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Cars and SUV’s for over a year without letup, and it shows no sign of giving up.

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsThe drawback of this seat cover would probably be the same thing that most buyers buy it for – it’s larger-than-usual size. Those with smaller cars find it too wide. They say they can’t use its hammock feature to the fullest. The hammock naturally sags because of the bigger width. Overall, buyers found this to be one of the best car seat covers for dogs, and at the price, they believe that they got a steal of a deal with it.

PROS:
  • Measures 56 inches by 63 inches
  • Top layer is made of polyester, the middle layer is PE material, and the bottom layer is soft rubber
  • Soft, sturdy, water and scratch-resistant, and non-slip cover
CONS:
  • Larger than usual size, so it may not fit well in smaller cars and SUV’s

Best Seat Covers for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTO): “…I purchased Caesar Milan’s cover last time for $60.00 it was OK, flimsy, but did the job for a year. Now looking at the heavy, well made, Krunco cover I just receive for 30 something dollars, I realize how bad the other one was. This one is heavy duty, actually fits from top of front seat to top of back seat unlike the old one that with straps extend all the way would cover ½ of the seats, if I tightened them up the cover swung in mid air and was very unstable…”

5BarksBar Pet Car Seat Cover for Cars, Trucks, and Suv’s

BarksBar Pet Car Seat Cover for Cars, Trucks, and Suv`sThis dog seat cover has a similar design as the other best car seat covers for dogs. The BarksBar seat cover is made of high-quality material, has a functional design concept, and offers well-executed construction. It measures 54 x 58 inches. It fastens securely, converts into a hammock, and provides openings for seat belts.

It is made of water-resistant polyester, thick padding, and non-slip base. This best seat cover for dogs stays in place with this non-slip material and straps that buckle around the headrests. It also features seat anchors tucked in the junction of the seat cover’s seat and the seat cover’s backrest.

Most pet owners have tried all sorts of dog car seat covers, and many are familiar with products that slipped down the seat. Their dogs, more often than not, slid off to the floor with these covers, of course. So having bought and tried the BarksBar Pet Car Seat Cover for Cars, Trucks and SUV’s simply made them avid fans of the product. Cleaning has become simpler, which often just involved wiping off this seat cover with a rag.

Best Seat Covers for DogsOne customer wished the straps were longer so it would fit nicely in the head rest of his car. An adjustable strap will definitely be an improvement. But even after struggling with that minor thing, the buyer agreed that the seat cover is a very good protection for the car, an aid in cleaning, and a comfortable hammock and bedding for the pooch. Obviously, this product passed the test and had very satisfied buyers eager to share their experience.

PROS:
  • This best car seat covers for dogs measures 54×58 inches
  • Made of high-quality material, has a functional design concept, and offers well-executed construction
  • Fastens securely, converts into a hammock, and provides openings for seat belts
  • Made of water-resistant polyester, thick padding, and a non-slip base
CONS:
  • Straps that fit around the headrest of the car are not adjustable and one customer said they didn’t fit around the seats in his vehicle

Best Car Seat Covers for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “…I have been using this for around 2-3 weeks. And so far, ZERO ISSUSS! I bought this because my friend had let me borrow a hammock seat cover, similar to this one and I LOVED IT!!! Well, when I bought and installed this one, I loved it even more!! My 6mo lab border collie mix doesn’t ever want to stay in the back seat….”

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts