5 Best collapsible dog bowls for easy travel with our pets

Traveling with your dog is a lot of fun, but you have to bring the proper dog supplies along to make the trip easy and safe for your Fido. If you manage to get the best collapsible dog bowl into your backpack, thatmakes it easy to feed or hydrate your pet anywhere. Collapsible dog bog bowls are generally great for car travel, hiking, camping, cycling, or any other outing that you may take with your pup outdoors.

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodThe first thing most pet owners opt for is a portable dog water bottle, which is perfect for hydrating dogs, but what about feeding them? This is where a collapsible dog bowl has the advantage: it’s very portable, takes little to no space in your backpack and you can feed and water your dog from this bowl.

There are many different types of travel dog bowls on the market, but collapsible bowls for pets with their unique advantage are hard to beat. Usually hikers, backpackers and other travelers are trying to conserve space, and these bowls fold flat for easy storage.

I have one of these myself, and I usually fold mine up and stick it into a hiking pack or collapse them and slide them under the seat of a vehicle. No matter where I’m going with my three dogs, having a portable dog travel bowl always comes in handy. So I picked five best collapsible dog bowls for you all to choose from before your next puppy outing.

TOP 5: Best Collapsible Dog Bowl
For convenient and easy traveling with your pet…

1Stainless Steel Travel Pet Bowl by Healthy Human

Stainless Steel Travel Dog Pet Bowl by Healthy HumanThese stainless steel, collapsible dog bowls are available in small (two bowls), medium (three bowls), and large (four bowls). These bowls from Healthy Human are available in three vibrant colors – blue, green, and pink. They are safe (made with human grade stainless steel unlike some other options available on the market), eco-friendly, non-toxic, and non-stick, and much more!

• Read reviews of other pet owners

They can be placed safely in the dishwasher and are extremely durable. These bowls can be used for either food or water, and are a great alternative to lugging around bulky bowls while traveling or hiking.

Customers attest to the fact that this best collapsible dog bowl is great for quick trips. The handle and design (they stack nice and securely) are convenient and user friendly, and the attractive appearance is just a nice bonus! Leaking is not an issue with the Stainless Steel Travel Dog Pet Bowl by Healthy Human, and all parts are easy to clean. Most pet owners who have purchased this product highly recommend it to others, as these bowls are everything they had hoped!

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodBe sure to read the product description, as the small, medium, and large options are in reference to the number of bowls, not the size of the bowls. If you have an extremely large breed, these bowls may not be large enough (although they are not meant for regular feedings in the first place). Please note that these bowls must be stacked to seal together. Individual lids for each bowl are not included.

PROS:
  • Available in three colors
  • Made with human grade stainless steel
  • Dishwasher safe
  • These bowls stack nicely, making them easy to store when not in use
CONS:
  • Size options are in reference to the number of bowls, not the size
  • Individual lids are not included – the bowls must be stacked to seal together
  • May not be big enough for large and extra-large breeds

Best Collapsible Dog BowlMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I recently bought this for my puppy. I take her to work with me (benefit of working at a veterinary clinic) and she also stays over at friends’ houses, so I needed something that was suitable for traveling. She’s a large breed puppy, so I chose the large…”

2Prima Pets Silicone Food & Water Travel Bowl with Clip

Prima Pets Silicone Food & Water Travel Bowl with ClipPrima Pets collapsible travel bowls are made from silicone and are available in two sizes and many different colors. The small option holds 1.5 cups of food, and the large option holds 5 cups. It is 100% pet safe, as it is made from food grade silicone and has a BPA free plastic rim.

It comes with a carabiner so that it can easily attach to a leash for long walks or hikes. It is dishwasher safe (on the top rack), which allows for easy cleaning!

Customers love that this product is priced reasonably on Amazon, especially when compared with the other best collapsible dog bowl products sold in stores. They are convenient for travel or on long hikes due to their light weight and clip on feature. Pet owners appreciate the hard plastic ring that prevents the Prima Pets Silicone Food and Water Travel Bowl with Clip from collapsing if it needs to be moved during use.

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodMost pet owners agree that there is not one negative aspect when it comes to their satisfaction with these bowls. Occasionally, there has been an issue with the bowl cracking at one of the folds, but, for the most part they are known to be extremely durable over time.

PROS:
  • Made from silicone
  • Come in two sizes and many different colors
  • Made from food grade silicone and has a BPA free plastic rim
  • Dishwasher safe
CONS:
  • There have been reports that this best collapsible dog bowl cracks at the folds over time

Best Collapsible Dog BowlMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “It’s been over a year now and these bowls are still going strong. I have not had a problem. I was concerned due to some other reviews but they have not become brittle or hard to clean. The plastic ring around the top really does make it easier to handle compared to those without. Very happy with how things have turned out..…”

3Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture – Fabric Expandable/Collapsible Travel Bowl

Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture - Fabric Expandable/Collapsible Travel BowlThe durable fabric and waterproof interior of this bowl from Alfie can be folded to easily pack and carry. It is still strong enough to stay upright, even when your pet accidentally bumps the bowl. This best collapsible dog bowl is eight inches across and four inches high when expanded, but it collapses to less than one inch to take up hardly any space.

It holds around 50 ounces or 6.25 cups of water and is said to be great both indoors and out. Thanks to the leak-proof interior, these bowls are ideal for food or water. Customers agree that this product holds up to its promises. The color camouflages dirt nicely, and they dry quickly when they do need to be washed.

Many pet owners like to keep these (along with a bottle of water) handy for car rides, as they are nice and compact when not in use. The Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture – Fabric Expandable/Collapsible Travel Bowl is easy to pop up when needed. They stay upright and do not tip over easily. The price point is a major plus for many, as it delivers what is promised and doesn’t break the bank.

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodThese bowls may smell strong right out of the package, but it seems to dissipate over time. Please notice that the description says this bowl is ideal for small or medium breeds, so large dogs may need a bigger bowl. Some customers say this product leaks if water is left in it for an extended amount of time, but only few have had this issue.

PROS:
  • Made of durable fabric with a waterproof interior
  • 8 inches across and 4 inches high when expanded
  • Holds about 6 cups of water
  • Affordable

Video: Travel Dog Bowl - Gettng Around Easily With Your Best Friend

CONS:
  • Strong smell when you take this best collapsible dog bowl out of the package, but it dissipates over time
  • May not be suitable for large and extra-large breeds
  • A few customers have mentioned that this bowl leaks if water is left in it for a long period of time

Video: Northern Outback Travel Pet Bowl - Silicone Bowl with Bonus Water Bottle Clip

Best Collapsible Dog BowlMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “Good product for a good price = happy customer! The only downside is: it smells funny – but all of those types of bowls I’ve seen in the pet stores do too, so I don’t think there’s a way around… other than that, great product, a life saver! Definitely…”

4SiliPet Collapsible Bowl

SiliPet Collapsible BowlThe SiliPet Collapsible Dog Bowl is a great option for small, medium, or large breed dogs, thanks to its adjustable two or five cup capacity. It is available in green, blue, and red, and is made with lightweight, eco-friendly material that is FDA approved and 100% BPA free.

These sturdy dog bowls take up virtually no room, making it easy to feed and water your dog on the go, whether hiking, traveling, or even simply going for a walk on a hot summer day! It is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning these bowls a breeze. Many customers claimed that they have tried numerous collapsible bowls in the past, and these are their favorite by far.

The convenience of the water bottle holder is appreciated, as its design works great. Larger breed dogs are able to get enough food or water, unlike with many of the best collapsible dog bowl products that have a much smaller capacity. Whether used for hiking, traveling, running, or going on errands, pet owners love that the SiliPet Collapsible Dog Bowl keep food and water accessible.

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodA couple of reviewers have had issues with this product tearing or breaking, but the company provides great customer service and sends a replacement when they see fit. Some say these bowls are too bulky to walk with, but they are no larger than other collapsible bowls when compacted.

PROS:
  • Adjustable two or five cup capacity
  • Made with lightweight, eco-friendly material that is FDA approved and 100% BPA free
  • Available in three colors
  • Dishwasher safe
CONS:
  • A few reviewers noted issues with these bowls breaking or tearing, but the company has sent replacements when they see fit

Best Collapsible Dog BowlMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTO): “…I’ve got a big dog, so I needed a big bowl. This is it! I had one of those fabric bowls, but it never wanted to stay open, and Jezebel had a tough time getting her muzzle in it sometimes. And, of course, it eventually sprung a leak. I decided to try this and I’m glad I did. It even fits in her pack.…”

5 Outward Hound Kyjen Port A Bowl

Outward Hound Kyjen Port A BowlThis “Port A Bowl” from Outward Hound is available in small (24 oz.) or large (48 oz.), folds flat, cleans easily, and dries fast. Its rugged nylon construction is said to add durability, but it is still small enough to fit in a backpack, purse, or even a pocket!

If you prefer to clip this product on your belt, backpack, or leash, it has a loop as well. Customers and their pet(s) are extremely happy with all aspects of this best collapsible dog bowl, claiming it is well made, convenient, and great for any outing.

They are also great in the car, as the design is wider on the bottom, which keeps it from tipping over through stops and turns. The durability of this bowl comes as a surprise to many, as it holds up to even the most aggressive chewers! It folds up much smaller than most collapsible bowls that are available, so their convenience is unbeatable.

Best Collapsible Dog Bowl for Water and FoodIf you are looking for a full-time dog bowl or one that you can use for several hours, this is not for you. It is not made for holding water over long periods, but as a quick solution for a thirsty pup. Extra-large breeds may not be satisfied with the amount of water this holds or its design, as it is smaller at the top.

PROS:
  • Available in 24- or 48-ounce sizes
  • Folds flat, cleans easily, and dries fast
  • Equipped with a loop that can attach to a belt or backpack

Video: Genie Best Travel Pet Bowls Reviews

CONS:
  • Not made for holding water for long periods of time
  • May not be suitable for extra-large breeds

Best Collapsible Dog BowlMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “Serves it’s purpose. It’s a collapsible water dish that you can fold up and stick in your pocket. When placed upside down on a Cabbage Patch doll, it doubles as an ugly chef’s hat..…”

Video: 5 Amazing Pet Gadgets You MUST HAVE! ▶5

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts