5 Best dog water bottles to keep pets hydrated on daily walks

Water is a necessary provision when taking your dog out for an adventure. Have you ever tried letting your dog drink out of a water bowl? You waste more water than he drinks! Using special water bottle for dogs is much more efficient, convenient and better for your pet. In this list, we’ve picked the best dog water bottle for your Fido to give a drink without spilling a drop.

Video: DIY AUTOMATIC WATER PET FEEDER/AUTOMATIC FEEDER/DIY AUTOMATIC DOG WATER FEEDER

Even if you’re just going for a short walk, it’s always best to have water available for your pooch. Just like us, pets can become dehydrated, which can negatively affect their kidneys and other organs. Dehydration in dogs is common, thus it’s very important to provide them with plenty of fresh water on a constant basis, especially when the weather is hot.

Top 5 - The Best Dog Water BottleMake sure you know how a dehydrated dog behaves and what are the signs of dehydration. Here’s a list of signs of dehydration in dogs (PDF).

Video: Long Paws Pet Water Bottle (Dog Water Bottle)

Some owners keep a small dog bowl and a bottle of water with them when they take their dog for a walk, run or hike. That works well, but it takes up a lot of space and you can’t get the unused water back into the bottle when your dog is finished drinking.

The best dog water bottle not only provides adequate hydration, but it is also eco-friendly. Reusing the same doggy water bottle is an earth-friendly alternative to bringing along plastic disposable water bottles. You’ll also use a lot less water, because you won’t have to waste what your pooch doesn’t drink.

TOP 5: Best Dog Water Bottle
Keep your dogs hydrated at all times

1H2O4K9 Combo Pack Neosling and 25-Ounce Water Bottle and Travel Bowl

H2O4K9 Combo Pack Neosling and 25-Ounce Water Bottle and Travel BowlThis water bottle and travel bowl from H2O4K9 are ideal for pet owners and pets that are constantly on-the-go. Whether traveling, hiking, or taking part in any other activity. this is the best dog water bottle to have on hand. The Neosling bottle holder fits comfortable over the shoulder or around the waist.

• Read reviews of other pet owners

This bottle is BPA-free with a twist top lid that is made specifically to fit a dog’s natural drinking style. The bottle is made of food grade stainless steel, keeping pet owners worries at bay. It is extremely durable, as it features a lid with no hinge points that could potentially break if dropped, and the bottle is made for rugged use.

The mouth of the bottle is wide enough for ice cubes on hot days or to pour unused water from the lid back in. Customers say the H2O4K9 Combo Pack Neosling and 25-ounce dog water bottle and travel bowl is well worth the money, as it keeps water cold and accessible for their dog(s) no matter the situation. The lid fits basically all snouts, making it easy for dogs to stay hydrated.

Best Dog Water BottleMost say it is just what they needed and would continue to buy this same product if they ever need another one. There are hardly any negative reviews on this product, as most people are extremely happy with the functionality and convenience of having this readily available for their dog.

PROS:
  • Neosling bottle holder fits comfortably over the shoulder or around the waist
  • BPA-free
  • Bottle is made of food grade stainless steel
  • Equipped with a twist top lid that is made specifically to fit a dog’s natural drinking style
CONS:
  • Some pet owners noted that the lid was too small for their extra-large breed dog to drink from

best dog water bottleMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “Just what we were looking for. My dog is going for chemo treatments & is super thirsty afterwards. Love that this bottle is stainless, not plastic! The top is large enough for her to get a good drink. Nice neoprene sleeve to keep water a bit cooler in the summer heat. Very long adjustable strap. Well worth the money.…”

2Water Rover Bowl and Bottle

Water Rover Bowl and BottleThis bowl and bottle combination from Water Rover is available in multiple sizes and in bright, vibrant colors. It can easily clip to a belt, waist band, or backpack. The company claims that this is the best dog water bottle as it is leak free, even when held upside down.

Any leftover water from your dog can easily go back into the bottle, which reduces water waste (helpful when you are far from a water source). The wide-mouth bottle is easy to fill with water or ice, making this product completely hassle-free.

Customers appreciate the price tag and the convenience of having this water bottle on hand. Many people chose to buy several Water Rover Bowl and Bottle products so their pets are never without water. Most have not had any issue with leaks or spilling, and they love being able to pour leftover water back into the bowl to reduce waste.

Best Dog Water BottleAlthough most have not had trouble with leaking, some have reported small leaks where the lid screws onto the bottle. Many of these people mention that there is an issue with the threads on the lid lining up with the threads on the bottle. A few reviewers wish that the bottle was bigger so that it could hold more water.

PROS:
  • Available in multiple sizes and many different colors
  • Easily clips onto a belt or backpack
  • The company claims that this product is leak proof, even when held upside down
  • Bottle is equipped with a wide mouth to make filling and adding ice easy. Also allows you to put leftover water back in without wasting
CONS:
  • Although most buyers did not have trouble with leaks, some said they noticed a small leak where the lid screws onto the bottle. They say this is due to an issue with the threads on the lid lining up with the threads on the bottle

best dog water bottleMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “This is the handiest thing I’ve found for walking my dogs since I found the on-leash carrier for waste bags! With record heat in Texas (over 100 degrees for 17 days and counting), this is an absolute necessity. My dogs didn’t require any “learning” period – just gratefully lapped up the water the first time I used it. I fill it at night and keep it in the fridge so it’s cool and ready to go.…”

3Lixit Waterboy Travel Water Bowl

Lixit Waterboy Travel Water Bowl

This bowl has a unique design, and Lixit claims it will not spill even when flipped upside down. It is said to be perfect for large breeds or pet owners with multiple dogs. The plastic is BPA free, making it a great option for concerned dog owners.

It holds 3 quarts of water and lays flat, making it great for use in the car. Pet owners love this container so much that some choose to use it as their primary water bowl in their home.

Dogs that paw at the water or tip water out of their regular, open-top bowls are unable to do so with this product. By adding ice in the storage compartment, cold water is readily available at all times. The Lixit Waterboy Travel Water Bowl is easy to use, easy to clean, and very convenient according to most!

Some customers say that they have experienced minimal leaking. Pet owners with larger head dogs may want to check the dimensions of this bowl, as it may not be wide enough to accommodate extremely large breeds.

PROS:
  • The company claims it will not spill even when tipped upside down
  • Made with BPA-free plastic
  • Ideal for large breeds or multi-dog owners
  • Holds up to 3 quarts of water, which is more than most other best dog water bottle products
CONS:
  • May not be large enough to accommodate extra-large breeds
  • Some consumers complained of minimal leaking

Best Dog Water BottleMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I bought the Waterboy when I needed to make a long-distance drive with my two dogs. I had tried several other products before this one so I was a definite skeptic. (Plus, the darn thing looks unusual if not somewhat silly.) The Waterboy has far outperformed my expectations and has proven to be more than worth the price…”

4H2O4K9 Pet Water Bottle

H2O4K9 Pet Water BottleThis water best dog water bottle and travel bowl are ideal for pet owners and pets that are constantly on-the-go. This bottle from H2O4K9 is BPA-free, and it has a twist top lid that is made specifically to fit a dog’s natural drinking style. It is made of food grade stainless steel, keeping pet owners worries at bay.

This bottle is extremely durable, as it features a lid with no hinge points that could potentially break if dropped. It is made for rugged use. The mouth of the bottle is wide enough for ice cubes for hot days or to pour unused water from the lid back in. Customers say this product is well worth the money, as it keeps water cold and accessible for their dog(s) no matter the situation.

The lid fits basically all snouts, making it easy for dogs to stay hydrated. Most say it is just what they needed and would continue to buy this same product if they ever need another one. The H2O4K9 Dog Water Bottle fits in a Neosling bottle carrier, car cup holder, backpack, bike cage, stroller, and more!

The Best Dog Water BottleThere are hardly any negative reviews on this product, as most people are extremely happy with the functionality and convenience of having this readily available for their dog. It is lighter weight than some customers expect, and it may dent or scratch easier than expected.

PROS:
  • Neosling bottle holder fits comfortably over the shoulder or around the waist
  • BPA-free
  • Bottle is made of food grade stainless steel
  • Equipped with a twist top lid that is made specifically to fit a dog’s natural drinking style
CONS:
  • Some pet owners noted that it is more lightweight than they expected and they thought it may scratch or dent easily

Video: 6 Care Tips for Chameleons | Pet Reptiles

Best Dog Water BottleMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I have been buying H2OK9’s since they first hit the market a few years back. I still have the original that I bought when they had a waiting list because they were so new. I have purchased several over the years as gifts and for raffle items for the dog clubs I belong to. I know the quality.…”

5Gulpy Water Dispenser for Dogs

Gulpy Water Dispenser for DogsThis convenient, easy-to-use bottle is a great option for parents of thirsty dogs! Simply squeeze the bottle to fill the tray for your pup. This Gulpy bottle is leak proof and easy to flip open and close. The tray also works with standard water bottles, which may be more convenient for some.

This best dog water bottle clips on a belt, waistband, or bag easily, so it is hands free and easy to transport. Pet owners can feel good about going for a hike, run, or overnight trip with this water bowl.

Buyers agree that this solution is a great alternative to bulky collapsible bowls and are happy with how mess free these tend to be. They perform as advertised and offer a convenient solution to keeping dogs hydrated on a long hike or trip.

Best Dog Water BottleSome wish that this best dog water bottle was bigger or held more water for larger dog breeds. It does not stand up on its own, so pet owners do need to hold it while giving their dog(s) a drink of water. The fold-out lid is not as sturdy as some pet owners would hope for, so be careful not to drop this product, as it may break and become useless.

PROS:
  • Pet owners just squeeze this best dog water bottle to fill the bowl
  • Leak proof
  • Bowl also works with standard water bottles, which is a great bonus
  • Convenient clip allows it to easily attach to a belt or backpack
CONS:
  • Some customers wish the bottle was larger to hold more water for big dogs
  • Doesn’t stand on its own, meaning you’ll have to hold it up while your dog drinks
  • Fold-out lid is not as durable as buyers had hoped – dropping the bottle may cause it to break, rendering the product useless

Best Dog Water BottleMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “…Since buying the Gulpy, we haven’t had any of those problems. It is super portable, clean, and easy to use. Its wonderful on long hikes when our dog (Lucy) needs frequent water breaks and we simply squeeze enough water into the container to quench her thirst and toss it back into our pack or attach it to our belt. When she is running ahead, I shout to her if she wants her “Gulpy” and hold it up high and she always comes eagerly running to me with her tongue hanging out to the side and waits patiently while I fill it up for her. She LOVES her Gulpy.…”

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts