6 Resources on grooming-intensive dog breeds

Video: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dog Breed Advice

Resources on Grooming-Intensive Dog Breeds

Video: Grooming the Pomeranian (Breed trim) Part 3

Sunday`s RecapBefore adopting a dog there are many things you need to take into consideration including size, energy level and grooming needs. There are many grooming-intensive dog breeds that will either require a lot of time or a lot of money to properly care for. Before adopting a dog you’ll need to consider how much time you’re willing to put into his grooming needs at home (which could include learning how to groom him as well as the actually grooming tasks) or how much money you’ll be able to invest in professional grooming.

Grooming-intensive dog breeds generally have long hair, which is easily matted or tangled. That’s not the only deciding factor, though. They may also need regular ear and eye care, have special bathing needs (like lots of folds and wrinkles to wash between), or skin conditions that require special grooming maintenance.

Sometimes I get a little tired of brushing and bathing our chocolate Labrador retriever, but then I realize how much worse it could be if I owned one of the grooming-intensive dog breeds. I decided to read up on these breeds this week and share some great resources with you.

If you’re thinking about adopting a new dog, these may be breeds that you’d like to steer clear of. Or maybe you’re like me, and reading this article will make you appreciate your own dog a bit more. The brushing, bathing and nail clipping can get a bit frustrating at times, but remember that you could have to care for one of these grooming-intensive dog breeds.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts