15 Best cheap chew toys for dogs under $10

If you have a dog that loves to chew, you’ll quickly realize that not all dog chew toys are made to the same standards. Your dog needs a toy that will satisfy his need to chew, tug or fetch. You’ll need to select a toy that will meet your dog’s needs, but you don’t want to break the bank. These best cheap chew toys for dogs will make your pet happy and fit your budget.

Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under 10You can find cheap stuffed chew toys for $1 on pet store shelves next to durable toys made with the best materials that will cost you more than $20 each.

It’s not all about the price, however. You want to find a toy that will stand up to your pup’s jaws, but you don’t want to spend a fortune to provide your pooch with entertainment.

Dog experts say that canines NEED chew toys and a variety of them for constant mental stimulation.

“Despite the constant media comments about how we pamper our pets, toys are no mere luxury. Experts say that dogs need them, and need more than one kind. That doesn’t mean more bells and whistles, just different types.” – experts at TheBark

The best cheap chew toys for dogs aren’t supposed to be just durable, but they need to be safe too. There’s been numerous instances of chew toys causing trouble for dogs and their owners. Some chew toys may pose choking hazards. Picking dog toys that will sustain your puppy’s jaws for as long as possible, and will not have pieces that fall apart so that your dog eats and chokes on them is vital.

On top of that, other chew toys could be made with substandard materials that aren’t good for your dog to be chewing on. Certain dog product manufacturers save on manufacturing costs and make dog toys using cheap materials that are toxic, and those should be avoided at all costs. Buying toys for your pup sounds like a simple task, but you’ll need to put in a little research before making your purchase.

Dog ToyPriceQualityRating
KONG Classic Kong Dog Toy$$A+4.5/5
Multipet Plush Dog Toy$A-4.3/5
Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Souper$$A4.4/5
Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend$B+4.3/5
Ethical Plush Skinneeez Fox$B-4.2/5

* Click on the dog toy’s name for more information, prices and safety details. Alternatively, scroll down below to read our overview.

In the below list, we’ve done the job of finding the best chew toys for dogs that are cheap and will not break your bank. All of these toys cost less than $10, with the KONG company – as usual – leading the way. In fact, KONG dog toys have been making the most popular and safest toys for dogs for decades. We also have 10 more alternatives of cheap dog toys listed below if none of the first five options work for you.

Top 5 Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10

1KONG Classic Kong Dog Toy

KONG Classic Kong Dog ToyThis multipurpose toy is perfect for inserting treats to keep active dogs busy as well as for throwing and bouncing during games of fetch. Veterinarians recommend a good chew toy to keep pets’ mouths, gums, and strong and healthy. A good chew toy, such as this one from KONG, is effective for addressing boredom, separation anxiety, and the basic need to chew, play and hunt.

• Read reviews of other pet owners

This is one of the best cheap chew toys for dogs because it is available in XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL sizes, so buyers can pick from several choices to make sure that it’s not too small and there is no danger of their dog swallowing the toy. Customers cannot contain their appreciation to the makers of KONG dog toys, and especially this product. Majority of buyers found it to be virtually indestructible even with their heavy-chewing pets.

Top Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10The fact that it’s very durable and doesn’t tear to pieces after a few days make it safe and effective in holding treats and keeping dogs busy for hours. They also found the KONG Classic Kong Dog Toy sold cheaper on Amazon than at pet shops. This toy was a life saver for dogs that had serious anxiety problems.

A few buyers said that the hole on the bottom is quite big causing treats to fall out, while others found that freezing the toy with the treats inserted easily solves the problem. Freezing also lengthens the time it takes the dogs to complete their chewing and licking, which is the whole purpose of this chew toy. Overall, this is a great concept for a toy that solves several dog issues, and because of this customers consider it high on their list of the best cheap chew toys for dogs.

PROS:
  • Made of extremely durable rubber
  • Designed to keep mouths, teeth and gums strong and healthy
  • One of the best cheap chew toys for dogs for addressing boredom, separation anxiety, and the basic need to chew, play and hunt
  • Available in 6 sizes
CONS:
  • Some owners thought the hole in the bottom to be too big, causing treats and kibble to fall out too easily

best cheap chew toys for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “The invention of the “Kong” is maybe one of my favorites (second to air conditioning) and I know my dog agrees. I have a greyhound who suffered a slight bout of separation anxiety after I adopted him from the track. I needed something to keep him busy and get him excited about my departure to work…”

2Multipet Plush Dog Toy

Multipet Plush Dog ToyComing in second on our list of the best cheap chew toys for dogs is this cuddly toy that dogs love squeezing and pawing at. It makes a sound when pressed. There are three designs available with this toy from Multipet. One is Lambchop, a 10-inch tall, fluffy and cuddly white lamb that squeaks upon pressure. Mr. Bill is a 9-inch tall plush toy that will surely make dogs excited when they press on it and it says “Ohhh Nooo!” The third design is Sock Monkey, another chewy toy that will take your dog’s attention from your regular socks.

Your dogs will love its squeaker, too, which adds even more fun. Dogs that were given these plush toys just loved them, taking them wherever they went. The squeakers were the funnest part, because dogs were ecstatic at the sounds made as a result of their chewing or biting. But even when the squeakers stopped working, or when Mr. Bill stopped saying “Ohhh nooo”, the dogs still loved carrying their toy.

Top Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10Some owners had to buy several Multipet Plush Dog Toys because their dogs wouldn’t part with the old toy when it was time to upgrade. Depending on how heavy a chewer your dog is, the toy’s life span varied from 3 weeks to 6 month. Regardless of the length of time that this toy served, buyers felt that it was all worth it because their dog has never had a toy they loved so much as this one.

Some buyers were dismayed that the sound box didn’t last more than 20 minutes with their dog, and the leg parts got chewed up in less than a day. Still, they considered this as the best flimsy toy their dog ever had. Overall, customers realized that this is not a durable toy, but they all ended up loving it, even buying more. Do its reasonable price, most consumers felt this toy was definitely worth the money.

PROS:
  • Internal squeaker adds excitement for your dog
  • Comes in 3 different designs
  • Lasted some owners as long as 6 months
CONS:
  • Will not stand up to aggressive chewers

best cheap chew toys for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTO): “My goodness- my brother bought me one of these for Christmas in 2012 as a gift for my dog. My dog is a toy lover, but when he realized Mr. Bill also talked when he was bitten, he fell in love. Mr. Bill has been his favorite toy ever since, in spite of the fact that he stopped saying “oh nooo” after about 2 days…”

3Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Souper

Nylabone Dura Chew Textured SouperThis toy from Nylabone is bone-shaped, irresistibly flavored, extremely tough and especially designed for heavy chewers. It is available in the original flavor and variations of bacon, chicken, liver, and peanut butter. It is made of durable nylon and is ideal for promoting oral hygiene in dogs while they indulge in their natural urge and favorite past time of chewing.

This makes our list of the best cheap chew toys for dogs as it is made in the USA and available in sizes of petite, small, medium, large, X-large and monster. Make sure to consult the buyer’s guide before ordering. Customers who rated this toy high said that it saved their home furniture and doors from their heavy-chewing dogs.

Pet owners compared the Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Souper to other toys and said that this is the only type that lasted a long time. While not really indestructible, this chew toy could last more than a month of daily use by serious chewers. The bristles that are raised during chewing promote clean teeth and also help to control plaque and tartar buildup.

Top Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10Some buyers, though, wouldn’t recommend this to smaller dogs since it has caused bleeding in the gums of their pet. They do acknowledge it to be a great product especially for keeping the dog’s teeth clean. This is an ideal chew toy for aggressive chewers and also priced affordably, so this easily makes it to a buyer’s list of the best cheap chew toys for dogs.

PROS:
  • Available in 5 flavors and 5 sizes
  • One of the best cheap chew toys for dogs as it is pecifically designed for heavy chewers
  • Made of durable nylon
  • Made in the U.S.A.

Video: Best Discount & Cheap Dog Toys For Sale by Kyjen as Durable & Tough Chew Toys For Dogs or Puppies

CONS:
  • Some buyers said this dog toy made their pet’s gums bleed

best cheap chew toys for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I never liked nylabones before I got them for my dogs. They always seemed dirty, hair sticks to the ends after they’ve been chewed and dogs will make their gums bleed chewing them. But my dogs make quick work of any chewy (they finish even very large edible chewies in less than one minute), so we got the durable nylabones and the dogs love to chew them…”

4Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend

Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope TugNow dogs can floss and have fun at the same time. They can be playfully chewing and tugging with their humans while this 3-knot rope from Mammoth cleans the gaps between their teeth. This rope is made of premium cotton blend fibers and is made in sizes from extra-small to extra-large. The large size is 25 inches long and weighs around 10 ounces.

There have been mixed reviews about the durability of this flossing rope. Some reported that it has lasted for over 5 months, while others say it didn’t stand a chance with their dog who left it in shreds in less than a week. For those who approved of this rope toy, they found it to be very thick and great for their serious chewers.

Top Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10Bought together with plush toys and nylon chew bones, the Mammoth Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope Tug lasted a lot longer. They say that they’d buy another one, as soon as their dog completely demolishes the one they have now.

Another buyer said that this is not a chew toy that you should give your dog and leave it to be chewed on all day. That way, it won’t last a day. Instead, it is something that a pet parent uses while playing tug games with his or her dog. That is correct, of course. Used properly, the rope becomes effective as a chew-on flossing toy, and it will also last much longer.

Video: 5 Cool Gadgets You Can Buy Now! (Amazon) - Under $10

PROS:
  • One of the best cheap chew toys for dogs who like to tug and chew
  • Designed to floss the gap between teeth
  • Made in sizes from extra-small to extra-large
CONS:
  • Some buyers noted that this is not a chew toy that your dog should play with all the time if you want it to last a long time- it should be used for games of tug or fetch and then put away

Video: Why Do Dogs Chew?

best cheap chew toys for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “This is the only toy that has stood up to our 5 month old black lab. We have 4 dogs. The puppy has destroyed numerous toys but this one is going strong . I would recommend this toy and I would buy it again…”

5Ethical Plush Skinneeez Fox

Ethical Plush Skinneeez Fox 24-inch Stuffingless Dog ToyRounding off our list of the best cheap chew toys for dogs is this soft 24-inch rag toy that dogs love to flip-flop around and chew on. Dogs become more playful when they hear this toy from Ethical squeak back with every squeeze. The toy does not contain any stuffing so there’s nothing for the dogs to rip out and create a mess with. This is the fox design, but there are other variants to draw out the natural predator instinct of your dogs.

Buyers consider this to be the best plush toy they have ever tried. They like that it is seamless and soft all around, with no detachable parts that can get swallowed by their dog. Their pets get endless fun, because the toy squeaks at every tug and press.

Top Best Cheap Chew Toys for Dogs Under $10While this is such a soft toy, customers found that it’s a tough one even with constant use. This is one of the top reasons that it made our list of the best cheap dog chew toys. The Ethical Plush Skinneeez Fox 24-Inch Stuffingless Dog Toy is also easy to wash, which is important especially when it gets gnawed on regularly.

This is a toy that dogs will love to play with, carry around and nibble on. Rippers will be able to demolish it in no time, if they’re into that kind of activity. But for most dogs that are contented with playing gently with their chew toys, this one could turn out to be a lovable, cheap and long-lasting toy.

PROS:
  • No stuffing means no mess
  • Equipped with squeakers to entice your pet
  • Seamless and soft with no detachable parts that could become choking hazards
  • Tough enough for playing tug
CONS:
  • Will not stand up to dogs that like to shred or aggressive chewers

best cheap chew toys for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “…I picked this up at a pet store and she immediately started playing with it. It actually brought tears to my eyes to see her so excited about it. It’s favorite toy, ranking higher than a cardboard toilet paper tube and a sock. (What do you do? It’s what she likes.) The squeaker in the head is broken now, but it’s not from her, it’s from my 4 kids so I didn’t drop the stars at all…”

10 Best Cheap Dog Toys as Alternatives

Nylabone Just For Puppies Starter KitAs dog owners, we’ll usually pick something that has been tried and tested. Those options are listed above as what pet owners found to be some of the best inexpensive dog toys. However, five suggestions may not be enough. In that case, we have ten more alternatives that cost around the same price range and work just as well with most dogs.

1. Nylabone Just For Puppies Starter Kit
  2. KONG Extreme Dog Toy, Large, Black
  3. Nylabone Just for Puppies Extra Small Pacifier Bone Puppy
  4. Nylabone Just For Puppies Ring Bone Puppy Dog Teething Chew Toy
  5. Paradise 4 by 13-Inch Knots Block Chewing Toy
  6. Nylabone Just For Puppies Petite Pink Dental Bone Puppy Dog Chew Toy
  7. Nylabone Dura Chew Large Textured Ring Bone DogNylabone Dura Chew Large Textured Ring Bone Dog
  8. Nylabone Dura Chew Regular Original Flavored
  9. Dog Toy Pet Stages Cool Teething Stick
  10. KONG Rosie Rhino Cozie Dog Toy

Have you and your pooch tried any of these cheap chew toys? If so, what did you think? How did you dog react to the toy and – more importantly – how long did the toy last? Was it worth the purchase? Let us and other pet owners know in the comments below!

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts