Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair: top 10 reviews 2016-2017

Menu

​Updated: 4 October 2016

Taking care of your pet isn’t easy. I love my dog and cat but let`s just say I can definitely imagine an easier life of handling all their fur! Especially if you have younger children or family members who are more allergic, cleaning up your pet`s fur can be even more important. With all the models and variety in the market, it can be difficult to decide how to buy the best vacuum for pet hair.

In this post, you will find some of the best inexpensive and affordable vacuum cleaners for pet hair which will do the job using powerful suction and make your home fur-free!

Video: Top 10 Best Vacuum Cleaners 2016 2017

No Time To Read? Here`s My Top Recommendation

Best Upright Vacuum For Pet Hair

SHARK Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E)

Aptly named, I love this Shark Navigator for how easily it navigates around difficult corners to remove pet hair. Its design is sleek, stylish and performs just as effectively as it looks. With its swivel steering, no suction loss and ultra deep carpet cleaning, coupled with thousands of positive reviews from happy customers, this vacuum is my top pick for its performance and price.

More Details Here

Best Vacuum for Pet Hair: Comparison Table

Vacuum

My Rating

Price Point

Dyson: More Details Here

DYSON DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner

$$$

SHARK: More details here

$$

Hoover: More Details Here

$$

Hoover Linx: More Details Here

Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010

$$

Bissell: More Details Here

BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass, 9595A

$$

Video: Top Best Home Robot Cleaners You Should Buy !

This is a powerful cleaner with a very strong suction, that really needs no introduction. I am personally a huge fan of Dyson and was extremely keen to see how the DC65 would live up to my expectations. Loaded with a reconfigured brush bar and the Radial Root Cyclone technology, it helps remove animal hair easily. It offers a superior performance on both hard floors and carpets as well.

If you love Dyson, read my review on Dyson animal vacuums here.​

How it Cleans

This is an upright vacuum cleaner that needs to be moved over pet hair and any other kind of dirt to make the area absolutely clean. Use the handle to steer around the machine. Click here for more details about the hard wood floor tool.

Click here for the current price and customer reviews

Why I like this vacuum:

• It features a Radial Root Cyclone Technology & its famous patented Dyson technology
  • Strongest suction ever
  • Comes with a tangle-free turbine tool that`s especially useful with pet fur
  • Reconfigured brush bar for really powerful carpet cleaning
  • Multi-angle brush that makes it easy to use in crammed corners
  • Perfect for many

Cons:

• I would have also preferred a soft dusting brush

What do customers say?

If you need a complete all round vacuum cleaner, you will love this, just like other customers.

Want to know how to remove dog hair from car? This Navigator helps to give a total clean effect on the surface it is used and gets rid of unwanted dog hair, dirt and debris with just one swipe. It is powered with no loss suction and sealed vacuum technology and its swivel steering helps easy cleaning.

How to Clean

With this SHARK Navigator, you simply need to steer the machine around obstacles and cars and reach all types of pet hair, dirt and dust. It has a powerful suction and is lightweight. Click here for more details about more than 6 piece micro-attachment set and replacement filters for SHARK (NV356E).

Why I like this vacuum:

• Never loses suction
  • Ultra deep carpet cleaning
  • Lightweight yet the canister is larger than average for convenience
  • Anti-allergen technology
  • Swivel steering for easy control
  • Comes with premium pet power brush, dusting brush, crevice tool

Cons:

• The hose can be a little flimsy so you have to pay attention when using it.

HOOVER T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70210

One often wonders what is the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair. This machine is great for managing unruly pet hair. It comes with a folding handle for storage and a 5-position carpet height adjustment for thorough cleaning. It has an-to clean air-powered pet hand tool so that there is no suction loss. The wind tunnel technology channels dirt in the dirt cup after trapping it.

How to Clean

All you need to do is place this bagless vacuum cleaner over the dirty area and swirl it. The machine will automatically pick up all the dirt and debris leaving the area clean.

Why I like this vacuum:

• Perfect for small spaces with its fold down handle
  • Features a system check indicator to let you know when to check or clean the filter
  • 5 position carpet height adjustment
  • Easy to clean air-powered pet hand tool
  • Good on both hardwood floors and carpets
  • No loss of suction!
  • Features Hoover`s famous WindTunnel technology

Cons:

• Personally, I find the wand length a little short but it`s not a deal breaker for me. You can try to use wands from your old vacuums but not all will be compatible.
  • Tends to heat up a bit. If it happens, just turn it off and give it a little break. If you have a small apartment, this won`t be a problem as you won`t be using it for too long at one go.

What do customers say?

A real good vacuum cleaner when it comes to cleaning carpets and hardwood floor from pet hair – its multi-purpose utility makes it the right choice for many.

HOOVER Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner BH50010

Video: 10 Best Steam Mops 2016

Are you wondering how to remove pet hair from furniture? This is a stick vacuum cleaner which comes with a Windtunnel technology along with a convenient cordless. It can easily reach under furniture items and pick up large items so that all the pet hair in your house gets removed.

How to Clean

This stick cleaner just needs to whirled over any surface containing pet hair or any other kind of debris, dust and dirt and it cleans the entire area immediately. The edge cleaning bristles ensure a thorough cleaning. Click here for more details about lithium ion battery and replacement filters for Hoover Linx.

Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010

Why I like this vacuum:

• Fade free power with its interchangeable 18 volt lithium ion battery
  • Its edge cleaning bristles are really good for getting dirt stuck in edges
  • Auto height adjustment
  • Boasts a powerful 12-amp motor
  • One touch brush roll activation
  • Low profile base so it`s easy to get under furniture
  • Wide mouth opening for picking up larger items
  • 2 year warranty

Cons:

• The 2 small hard plastic wheels on the side can be a little filmsy
  • Some people have mentioned that the handle is not covered under the 2 year warranty, as they were told by Hoover`s customer service.

What do customers say?

It’s simple to use and it has a high performance capacity making it the favorite of many.

Best Bissell Vacuum For Pet Hair - BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass, 9595A (Same as 9595)

This is a lightweight cleaner which comes with the OnePass Technology. It has an innovative brush design and a powerful suction which helps clean pet hair like never before. Its dirt tank is really easy to empty and a washable foam filter offers easy maintenance.

How to Clean

All you need to do is swipe over the cleaner over the dirty areas especially the ones with pet hair and debris to get a sparkling surface in no time. The innovative brush design rotates on the carpet to clean from deep within. It is one of the best lightweight vacuum cleaners. Click here for more details about replacement filters.

BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass, 9595A

Why I like this vacuum:

• Lightweight yet not compromising on powerful suction
  • Long lasting and powerful suction courtesy of its Cyclonic System
  • Dirt tank is designed for easy emptying
  • Comes with Turbo Brush Tools for easy use on furniture, upholstery, stairs and more

Cons:

• Some people have experienced dirt and hair getting stuck in the canister.
  • 2 year limited warranty

What do customers say?

The fact that it has limited warranty is a sore point for all customers but they just cannot ignore the fact that it’s really useful!

SHARK Pet Perfect II Hand Vac (SV780)

This cleaner ensures that pet hair does not stand a chance on upholstery and gets cleaned thoroughly. It also gets rid of dirty shoeprints and comes with a variety of features which make cleaning an easy task.

How to Clean

Just steer the cleaner over dirty carpets which are full of pet hair and debris and watch the area become hair-free. The cordless hand vacuum allows you to reach various parts of the house easily. Click here for more details about replacement filters for all SHARK models.

Why I like this vacuum:

• Widely known as the most powerful 18 volt handheld vacuum!
  • Lightweight and versatile
  • Motorized brush roll and pet hair brush
  • Filter is easy to detach and wash
  • Deluxe charging stand

Cons:

• The battery life can be improved. If you`re using it for small areas though, this won`t be much of a concern.

What do customers say?

Customers love it because they can clean upholstery easily and can save on hours of work that otherwise seemed impossible.

BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L 16 Volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac

This hand vacuum boasts of strong suction, fade-free power and a lithium technology which helps get rid of all kinds of dust including pet hair quite quickly. The dirt is easy to see and empty out due to the translucent bagless dirt bowls.

How to Clean

Just hold the hand vacuum and steer over the dirty areas and watch it become clean. Being lightweight, it is ideal for taking quick pickups around the house. Click here for more details about replacement filters 1, 2

BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac

Why I like this vacuum:

• Uses up to 50% less energy thanks to its Smart Charge Technology
  • Cyclonic action and 16 volt MAX lithium ion dustbuster
  • Rotating slim nozzle
  • Super easy to clean
  • Can hold a charge for an impressive 18 months

Cons:

• Not as durable as I would have liked but the price point is lower

What do customers say?

Customers love it for cleaning their pets, as it makes the work a whole lot easier.

EUREKA EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum

This machine is the best-rated vacuum cleaner for pet hair and comes with a motor which powers the revolving brush and allows it to pick up any kind of pet hair and debris easily. The second motor is for the strong 5.5 amp suction and its stretch hose cleans everything.

How to Clean

Use the machine to pick up any kind of pet hair, dirt, dust and debris and also clean stairs, upholstery and cars easily and quickly. All in all, it is the best pet hair remover for furniture. Click here for more details about more than 5 piece micro-attachment set. Can work with all brands of vacuum cleaners.

EUREKA EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum

Why I like this vacuum:

• 23 foot reach system and 5.5amp power
  • 20 foot cord
  • Fingertip controls
  • Strong suction

Cons:

• Not as durable as I would have liked

BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1

This pet hair broom delivers great power and comes with a flexible rubber contour nozzle that gets rid of pet hair and dirt from stairs and upholstery effectively. A hard nozzle helps clean dry mess easily. One can change the nozzle as per the needs. It is quite lightweight and mobile.

How to Clean

Use the easy-grip handle to hold the machine and accumulate all types of dirt and debris using the hard or rubber contour nozzle. It offers finger-tip access on/off switch.

BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1

Why I like this vacuum:

• Great for many surfaces: Stairs, upholstery etc.
  • Easy grip handle and lightweight design
  • 16 foot power cord
  • Comes with a specialized rubber nozzle and includes 2 different nozzles

Cons:

• The exhaust does blow out air quite strongly which sometimes make the dust/dirt fly away so you`d have to get used to holding it at a certain angle

What do customers say?

While there are limited features, this is a good choice for the price.

BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A – Same as 81L2T

This machine is the best vacuum for dog hair. It helps capture debris and dirt which can only be collected with a typical dustpan and broom. It boasts a V shape technology which directs the larger debris right into the suction path’s center while the end of the V removes debris on baseboards and along edges.

How to clean

All you need to do is direct the V shape to the larger debris into the center suction path and the ends of the V also capture the fine debris automatically. The swivel head cleans around furniture legs and it is the best vacuum for dog hair and cat hair too. Click here for more details about replacement filters.

BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A – Same as 81L2T

Why I like this vacuum:

• Designed in a unique V shape so that larger dust/dirt gets directed to the middle while the end of the V gets the finer, smaller particles
  • Dirt canister is quite easy to empty and clean
  • Comes with a convenient swivel head
  • Low pile area rugs can be cleaned easily too
  • Great suction for pet hair without needing any extra attachments or brooooo

Cons:

Video: Top 10 Best Nose Hair Trimmer 2016 [New List+] | Best Nose & Ear Trimmer

• The cord isn`t as long as I would have liked
  • Some people actually don`t like the V shape design

What do customers say?

This multi purpose vacuum cleaner can do a number of things including cleaning furniture lets or your cat hair making it perfect for many pet lovers.

It’s easy to use these vacuum cleaners. All you need to do is to use them as recommended and you will be able to take care of your pet easily. It is recommended that you buy one of the cleaners that is suitable for your pet.

Find more vacuum cleaners for pet hair. Click here!

Reviews & Comments

Related posts