Dog who ran off after car accident found in front of a pet store

Video: Dog’s legs crushed in train accident but not his spirit

There’s a happy ending to a scary situation involving a car accident that occurred last night in Monroe, Washington.

When a 17-year-old driver hit a family in their car head-on, both vehicles were completely totaled. The four people involved–the teen, and the family of two adults and a 15-month-old baby–are all recovering, but they’re expected to be alright.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.36.49 PM
Screen Shot: KIRO 7 News

However, the family’s dog, a 6-year-old Chocolate Lab mix named Zaley, got spooked and ran off. As he was nowhere in sight, his owners thought they’d never see him again.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.34.36 PM

The next morning, when a woman named Breanna Findley went to work at a nearby store, she was shocked at what she saw: a dog was laying on the ground in front of the Pet Pros store, which wasn’t open yet.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.35.18 PM

“I came from my truck and I saw him lying there soaking wet. I had no idea it was the same dog from the accident last night,” said Findley in a story by KIRO 7.

Video: Motorcycle Hits DOG, Rider Almost Hit by Semi

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.35.38 PM
This was the picture Findley posted on Facebook. Screen Shot: KIRO 7 News

Findley posted his picture on the Lost Dogs Of Snohomosh County Facebook page in hopes of reuniting him with his family. Her efforts paid off, because people started commenting that this could be the dog that was lost in a car accident the night before.

Police were called to pick up the pup, and he was reunited with his family once more!

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.37.11 PM

After dealing with the trauma of a terrifying car accident, and in the midst of recovering from their injuries, this family deserves a happy ending. There’s no doubt that the love of their dog will keep their spirits up as they heal.

Video: HERO Cat Saves Kid From A Stray Dog!

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.37.29 PM

Zaley’s owners told the news station that, funny enough, the dog had never been to that Pet Pros store, or even to that strip mall. He must have smelled all the delicious treats that were inside!

Watch the KIRO 7 news story here:

(h/t: KIRO 7)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts