Top 5 best pool floats for dogs to swim on

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs to Swim On

Video: 5 Trendy AF Pool Floats (Beauty Break)

Our dogs love to be in the pool, but treading water for long periods of time will tire them out. These best pool floats for dogs will allow your pet to float happily around the pool without the risk of becoming overtired. You’ll be able to enjoy long afternoons lounging around in the water with your best furry friend.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsPool floats for dogs may seem like a silly idea, but they are actually very practical. How many times have you had to put your dog inside or contain him somehow to keep him out of the pool because he needs a break. Some dogs just don’t know when to quit, and rather than risking an accident, we have to force them to take a break from swimming.

With the best pool floats for dogs, that’s no longer an issue. With a bit of training, you can teach your dog to enjoy floating around on the water instead of swimming in it. As a bonus, these dog floats can also be used by humans when your pooch isn’t around.

5 Best Pool Floats for Dogs to Swim On

1SwimWays Paddle Paws Dog Pool Float

SwimWays Paddle Paws Dog Pool FloatThis float from SwimWays supports breeds of over 65 pounds. It is made of a sturdy material that is paw-and-claw resistant. An inner spring sewn around the circumference of the float provides stability, reinforcement, and comfort. The float inflates using jet valve technology and deflates quickly for easy storage.

• Read reviews of other pet owners

The material is amazingly durable, as buyers soon found out. Even when put under very demanding situations, the fabric didn’t show signs of giving in or ripping. Most customers reported that the material is indeed the toughest part of the float, enduring nails and contact with rough surfaces.

The metal spring and tubing that’s supposed to hold the shape of the float, however, has been the first to give in. The air valve or stopper on the SwimWays Paddle Paws Dog Pool Float also needs to be improved in future versions, because it is a little difficult to secure, especially when the float has already been fully inflated.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsOverall, the concept used in manufacturing this float is a great one. Dogs couldn’t have been happier during pool time than being in their own floats. Customers said that though the large-size float was designed for 65-lb dogs and heavier, it would last longer if it was used by smaller dogs. The material used is unbelievably puncture-proof. The metal frame must be stronger, though, if the float were to be as functional as its material is durable.

PROS:
  • Supports dogs over 65 pounds
  • Inflates using jet valve technology
  • Deflates quickly for easy storage
CONS:
  • Outer material is durable, but metal spring and tubing that holds the shape gives way easier
  • Air valve stopper can be tricky to secure

Best Pool Floats for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I’ve had a Swimways float for myself and thoroughly enjoyed it, NOW, my CHOW CHOW who wants to be in the pool with us can as he couldn’t even wait for us to blow it up for him to get in the pool!!! He knew as soon as the box came that it was for him!…”

2Paws Aboard Doggy Dog Pool Float Lazy Water Raft

Paws Aboard Doggy Dog Pool Float Lazy Water RaftThe large size of this floating raft measures 50×39 inches and is ideal for dogs weighing 30 to 90 pounds. It is made of a material that can resist the dog’s playful paw abuse, but it may not be able to stand a cat’s sharp nails. This dog float from Paws Aboard is easy to inflate and deflate, and it has a single loop for hanging or securing a rope.

Dogs can jump on this raft and stay afloat while enjoying the company of others during pool time. Customers were happy to say that their pets enjoyed the float so much. Pet siblings raced to beat each other to the float, and sometimes take turns floating and pulling the raft.

Those pet owners who had this float for a couple of summers or more were pleasantly surprised that it lasted so long. The Paws Aboard Doggy Dog Pool Float Lazy Water Raft proved to be tough and just the perfect thing to have for highly active pets. The float’s simple design makes it fuss-free – you can romp with it on the water and hang it afterwards to dry.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsStoring it wet causes molds and mildew to form, and this is actually the only thing that buyers didn’t like about it. This could be a complaint with any of the best pool floats for dogs though. With diligent drying after each use, this remains to be one of the best pool floats for dogs available.

PROS:
  • Supports dogs weighing between 30 and 90 pounds
  • Easy to inflate and deflate
  • Equipped with a single loop to attach a rope
  • Buyers were impressed with the longevity of this product
CONS:
  • Storing this float wet will cause mold and mildew to form

Best Pool Floats for DogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “We came across Paws Aboard’s new float and LOVED this idea! It was durable, easy to inflate, and our larger dog loved it. It never showed signs of popping or deflating, and looked cute too!…”

3Kelsyus Floating Chair

Kelsyus Floating ChairThis floating chair from Kelsyus is designed for adult humans up to 250 pounds, but is also one of the best pool floats for dogs. It measures 39 inches x 39 inches x 17 inches when fully inflated, and is equipped with back rest, inner spring along the tubing that encloses the float.

For human use, this is perfect for lazing on the pool, propped up by the back rest while reading a book. For pets, they can just relax and plop on it while they float by themselves or while the float is tethered to their human’s float, boat or the dock.

Customers say that this is a heavy-duty float that can support humans or pets alike. It is very stable and won’t tip over easily since this was designed for a user who may want to sit up and lean back. It allows just enough water in to keep cool, without fully immersing your dog. Buyers found the Kelsyus Floating Chair to be of great quality and craftsmanship.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsThe cup holder, though, has not been of much use to them. Once deflated, the float does not fold up very nicely, said a customer. So it may not be as neat and handy if you want to bring it along on a trip. Overall, this is a well-made float for both humans and dogs. It is also very reasonably priced – almost half the usual price of the best pool floats for dogs.

PROS:
  • Made to support humans up to 250 pounds
  • Can be tethered to a dock, boat, another float, etc…
  • Does not tip over easily
CONS:
  • Consumers complained that this float does not fold up neatly

best pool floats for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I have two, going on three years now in the hot AZ sun. I like that they’re constructed of nylon and not cheap plastic- the only kind I’ve found to last longer than one summer & that proves to hold up to everything: nieces, company, sun & dogs!…”

Video: Best Swimming Pool Pranks (Best of Mad Boys)

4Kelsyus Floating Lounger

Kelsyus Floating LoungerThis floating lounger is an expansion of the floating chair design above. It also has the integrated mesh seat and backrest, but this float from Kelsyus comes with a footrest for a full relaxing stretch on the pool or lake. It can support heavy humans up to 250 pounds, and it’s great for enjoying the water with pets. If you have a small or medium breed, you could both probably fit on this, which is what makes it one of the best pool floats for dogs.

A fully inflated lounger measures 56 inches x 38 inches x 5.5 inches. It allows the body to cool under the water level while keeping it afloat. It has side clips to attach to other floaters, a boat or the dock as well. Buyers took note that the float was very well-designed. The seat and backrest were great, especially for those with back issues.

Its sturdiness and big size allowed pets to float with their owners. The fabric covering on the seat was both comfortable and functional. It prevented skin from sticking to the plastic surface of the Kelsyus Floating Lounger, which can be quite unpleasant. Some buyers thought that the side clips were rather flimsy, but found out that a carabineer easily solved the issue. Some dog owners also thought that there should be other color choices available.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsThe design of this float is probably one of the most ingenious, which is one of the main reasons it made our list of the best pool floats for dogs. It has combined lounging and floating in one product. Buyers could not be more satisfied with a float. This product is so tough that it can support the combined weight of both pet and pet owner as they enjoy a lazy day on the water together.

PROS:
  • Holds up to 250 pounds and has room for you and your dog
  • Equipped with side clips that allow you to attach to other floaters, a boat, dock, etc…
  • Designed well to comfortable for dogs and humans
CONS:
  • Some buyers thought the side clips were flimsy
  • Pet owners wanted more color options

best pool floats for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTO): “These are the best floats ever!! Even my dog loves to sit on my lap and float with me. I have pics to prove it!…”

Video: Popular Swimming pool & Inflatable videos

5Intex River Run I Sport Lounge

Intex River Run I Sport LoungeThis 53-inch diameter round water float from Intex has a backrest integrated to it to allow for back support and a relaxing cruise on the water. The bottom is made of a mesh which adds to the comfort and coolness to the skin. A grab rope runs along the circumference of the float, and there are two handles for easy grabbing. This is absolutely one of the best pool floats for dogs.

There are two air chambers to make the float a lot safer to use. Satisfied buyers found this vinyl float much to their liking. It could easily support children, pets and even adults as they take a relaxing dip in the pool, river or lake. The vinyl surface stays cool even under prolonged exposure to the sun.

The float is quite easy to blow up to its fully-inflated size, although buyers advised to always make an air pump available. A manual or an electric pump will do. The whole thing is even quicker to deflate, taking all of 30 seconds with its quick-release valve. Some users were surprised how this vinyl floater brushed against river rocks several times, and did not pop. Undoubtedly, it is made of high-quality material.

Top Best Pool Floats for Dogs ReviewsThis durability makes the Intex River Run I Sport Lounge one of the best pool floats for dogs there is. There could be some problems with leaking valves or leaks on the seams, but these can be easily fixed. This is the reason why buyers recommend that floats be inflated and tried at least a day before jumping into the water. It would also help to get your dog accustomed to the float so that when it’s river cruising day, the float will not be a strange swimming accessory to him.

PROS:
  • Seat is made of very strong mesh that will hold up to your dog’s claws
  • Grab rope runs along circumference and it is equipped with two easy-grab handles
  • Vinyl surface stays cool in the sun

Video: Deflating All The Pool Floats, Loud Noises & Dog Butts!!! (4.20.2016)

CONS:
  • Some consumers complained of leaky valves and leaks at the seams

best pool floats for dogsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “I’m on my third one of these and I’ll be buying more. I like to paddle the tube out on the lake with my dog riding on it, and then I throw the ball for him to swim and fetch. Within 3-10 uses, the bottom mesh will come loose and you’ll tear it off, not a big issue but a tiny bit of a loss of comfort. Eventually it will spring a leak (I mean, it’s a fat man and a dog with claws, come on), but for 20 bucks you can just get a new one….”

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts