Saving lives at the cash register

Submitted by Lisa Holcombe, Head Chef of Dog-A-Roo

Video: Barbie App-rific Cash REGISTER - 51 Piece Barbie Checkout Toy Unboxing

It’s almost time for the time change again.  With pets firmly established as family members (and well they should be!), reminding people to change the batteries in their home smoke detectors when they change their clocks is one more thing you can do to keep your four-legged customers safe.

You might also consider stocking batteries at your cash register and packaging them together with a window decal that alerts first responders to how many and what type of pets are in the house.  If your local fire department does an event about smoke detectors (which is common at this time of the year), you might be able to pony in on it too and offer a discount coupon or free decal.  It’s something worth thinking about it.

Video: SAVED BY THE CASH REGISTER! (CS:GO)

Your dedication to you customers (human and furry) is what keeps them coming back!  I also suggest some happytails Sleepytime Tonic to help pets transition to the time change too.  I know at our house, sleepy Gus isn’t ready to start the day without some prodding and the nightly Gus-Sheeba-Buster-Ladybug smackdown (adjudicated by Abby and Catagonia) sometimes need Calming Aromatherapy Spritzer to get everyone ready for sleep time.  People always ask me if it works – with my zoo, it has to or I’d be toast!

I also get a bit of a burr under my saddle about respiratory health for animals at this time of year.  Air quality has an impact on doggie and kitty health too – even more so than humans.  The smoke from fire places has what the air quality people call PM2.5 which is particulate matter that is 2.5 microns in size.  It can lodge in the lungs and create havoc for both humans and pets.

Video: Cash Register Training

Smoking is another one – for heaven’s sake, dogs don’t wear filters!!!  So educating your customers about how to protect the lungs of their dogs is important too.  I personally use it as an excuse not to cook – generally you know dinner’s done at my house when the smoke detector goes off.  I just can’t inflict that kind of health danger on my “kids” – hey it sounds good, doesn’t it?!

Reviews & Comments

Related posts