Poop-ocalypse! Dog poop forces us airways emergency landing

Video: A dog pooping twice on a US Airways flight caused it to make an emergency landing

On a US Airways flight out of Los Angeles and bound for Philadelphia a service dog relieved himself in the aisle – three times. When flight crew ran out of cleaning supplies and passengers began gagging and vomiting, the plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Kansas City.

Video: Escaped Dog Forces Emergency Landing in Pa.

Truffles the Service Dog had already been onboard the plane for several hours due to a delay at LAX that left passengers sitting on the tarmac for two hours before taking off.

“About an hour into the flight, I started smelling this terrible smell. I look up the aisleway and there’s a dog pooping right in the middle of the aisle. It’s a big dog, 3′ to 4′ tall or long, and he was just going,” passenger Steve McCall told Inside Edition.

Another passenger, Chris Law, tweeted: “So the full-sized dog that’s on my flight, well it did what dogs do & went to the bathroom when it felt like it smack dab in the middle of aisle.”

This wasn’t just regular dog poop, poor Truffles was clearly under some gastrointestinal distress. An upset tummy combined with hours-long delays and no potty break for the working dog was a recipe for disaster.

Video: Popular Videos - US Airways & Emergency landing

Truffles’ handler is extremely apologetic, offering Starbucks gift cards to any passengers that gave her their address.

WFLA News Channel 8

Reviews & Comments

Related posts