A big box full of thankfulness for my shelter dog

If there is one thing I’m continuously thankful for each year, it’s my dog. Of everything I have to be thankful for in my life (like my car, tv, job, or my health), nothing makes me more thankful than I am for my dog. You see, dogs provide more entertainment than anything can. They keep us happy, encourage us to be active, and if I lost my job tomorrow, my dog certainly wouldn’t think any less of me.

That’s why this year, I decided to give back to my wonderful furry friend.

gift-box-ada

Ada was a shelter dog. Her previous owners just didn’t have the time to take care of her. She didn’t do anything wrong, she didn’t bite or have accidents in the house. Her only issue was that she was a burden to someone else. I still to this day can’t figure out why, but that just means I need to work extra hard to show her she matters.

Ada and I love playing fetch, learning new tricks and going on walks, but I still like spoiling her with treats and toys. I mean, how can you not after knowing someone else wasn’t willing to spoil her?!

The only problem is I have NO IDEA what Ada likes. She is actually a picky dog. Other than the fetch, tricks and walks, Ada is pretty unpredictable. I decided to try out one of these monthly subscription boxes I had been hearing about. The big one everyone is talking about is PetGiftBox. The subscription boxes that come in the mail are different each and every month. It’s fun to me because I like surprises and it’s great for Ada, because it comes with so many options she can find something she likes.

The really enticing thing about Pet GiftBox is that they bill monthly and not a whole year up front. It’s also overall less expensive than others with a somewhat greater value. On top of that shipping is free.

Video: Inspiring Rescue & Transformation of a Dog Who Lost Any Hope - Saved Just In Time

I also joined at the perfect time, because this month had a Thanksgiving box, which was fitting considering I was trying to show Ada how thankful I was for her. But, the cool thing is each month there is a new fun theme.

image1 (5)

The wrapping was pretty impressive. I was worried about it being a cheap flimsy box, but it was really well done. What was even more surprising was how much they were able to stuff inside! The packs come with a variety of both treats and toys.

gift-box-main-open

Needless to say, Ada jumped in pretty quickly! I would have taken more pictures of the box, but Ada kept running off with the stuffed turkey.

gift-box-ada-dig-in

I was able to wrestle a few items away from Ada to take some pictures. Ada really loved the turkey and the box also came with a funny bow tie, which is perfect for Ada to wear at this year’s Thanksgiving meal. The Multipet Turkey has been really durable. Ada typically rips through this type of stuff. I was expecting her to rip the stuffing out of this Turkey (no pun intended).

gift-box-toys

The treats were also pretty impressive. I’ve tried many different treats with Ada in the past, but she wasn’t too impressed with them. However, the treats that came with this box went over well. They obviously do their research into what dogs actually want. The box wasn’t just filled with the same old generic food, which I really appreciated. The bonus with the food is that it was all made with nutritious ingredients. The treats also all come from the U.S. and are NEVER from China, which is a fear of mine when it comes to pet food.

gift-box-treats1

But what really won me over was the Sweet Tater Fries. The picture below doesn’t do it justice. I was worried about getting a bunch of sample sized treats, but this was a whole bag! And I mean, a full-sized big bag! The best part was that Ada was quickly obsessed. She started following me around the house while I had the bag. In fact, for the first time, with help from the fries, Ada shook without me waiting. All because she wanted another one of the Sweet Tater Fries treat. I’m really looking forward to showing off that trick to my family this Thanksgiving.

Gift-Box-treat2

Overall, I’m really excited that I signed up for the monthly subscription. If this box was this great, I can’t wait to see what they send me for Ada to open up this Holiday Season!

This Post Was Sponsored By The Great Folks At PetGiftBox.com. For A Limited Time They Are Offering 70% Off Exclusive To dogsguru.ru Readers:

Video: Fostering and letting go of Billy

PGB-red-large-logo

Reviews & Comments

Related posts