Man walks his dog with a bad heart in a stroller to make her happy

We love our dogs so much that we would do almost anything to make them comfortable and happy, especially when they’re sick- it’s during those times that they need us most. Our dogs have been there with us when we’re feeling down, they’ve cheered us up when we feel sad, so shouldn’t we also be there for them during their difficult times?

A guy named Jeff Shields was found pushing a baby’s stroller in the park. At first you’d think it’s his baby. But when you look closer, it’s actually his dog.

Source: Screenshot from WDBJ7

Gracie, a 9-year-old Shih Tzu, has congestive heart failure. Jeff didn’t want Gracie to be just cooped up at home, so he got her a baby’s stroller and a matching pink raincoat so they could still go for a stroll outside.

Jeff makes sure that he and Gracie goes for walks seven days a week. He doesn’t want her to miss out on all the fun cos Gracie has always loved going outside for walks. Sometimes Jeff would carry Gracie in his arms when they’re not using the stroller.

When interviewed by WBDJ News, this is what Jeff said, ““I’ve brought it upon myself to be sure she’s happy,” said Jeff. “Sometimes, as you can see, I’ve got a stroller but sometimes I’ll just carry her like this if I can’t take the stroller where I want to go because I want my dog to be happy.”

Everyone dog parent should be as loving and caring as Jeff is! It’s so sweet how much he cares for his baby!

Watch the interview video of Jeff and learn more about their story at: WBDJ News – Surprise spotted in a stroller at Bisset Park in Radford

Reviews & Comments

Related posts