Review: amazonbasics puppy training pads

If you adopt a puppy, it’s unquestionable that he will have an accident in your home eventually. Investing in puppy training pads will help to keep your floors clean and smelling fresh. They’re an affordable way to give your pooch an easy to clean spot to use the bathroom indoors.

Puppy pee pads aren’t designed to be an easy excuse to not take your pet out when he needs to use the bathroom. They are simply a way to make it easier to clean up any accidents that your pooch may have. Don’t buy pee pads thinking they will get you out of taking Fido for a walk.

AmazonBasics Puppy Pee Pad ReviewAny dog owner who is trying to house train his new pet should invest in puppy pee pads. Pads, like these from AmazonBasics, will save you time and money. Believe it or not, spending a few extra dollars on puppy pee pads is actually good for your budget.

You won’t need to worry about buying carpet cleaning supplies to get rid of the odors or paying a hefty price tag to have professionals come in and clean your floors. Puppy pee pads are designed to absorb urine and lock in odor, leaving your floors clean, damage free and smelling fresh.

VIDEO: How To Puppy Proof Your Home – Best Tips and Advice

AmazonBasics Puppy Training Pads Review

AmazonBasics Puppy Pee Pad Review

Video: 10 Best Puppy Training Pads 2016

In my video review I demonstrate just how well these pads absorb water. You’ll see that I continue to dump more than 5 cups of water on the pads, and they still don’t leak.

That’s because AmazonBasics uses multi-layer technology to create these pads. They trap the urine and block odors. They also have a plastic border that helps to prevent any overflow from leaking onto your floor.

The bottom layer of the pad is also plastic, which prevent urine from leaking through and damaging your flooring. The interior of the pad reminds me of the inside of a baby’s diaper. It’s made of material that absorbs the liquid and turns it to gel.

AmazonBasics does make any promises about the amount of liquid that these pads can hold, but similar products claim to hold at least 3 cups. As you’ll see in my video review, these puppy pee pads can hold nearly twice that much!

COMPARISON: Best Potty Training Pads Comparison – All Absorb vs. AmazonBasics vs. PAW Puppy Potty Trainer

If you’re anything like me, you’re probably skeptical as to whether or not your dog would actually use these puppy potty pads. Our three dogs are already house trained, but our little Beagle will still have an occasional accident at night or if she’s left alone for a long period of time.

I set these pee pads out in a designated area on the floor and put our Beagle on them at random times throughout the day. I was hoping she would get used to them, and it worked!

5 days later I was out of the house for the afternoon and she went on the pads! She usually goes on one of my area rugs, but it’s not in the same spot every time.

I placed the pee pads in a corner where she has never urinated before, so I was surprised that she chose to urinate on them instead of on one of my rugs.

AmazonBasics puppy pee pads feature a built in attractant that your dog can smell but you can’t. Obvioulsy I can’t promise that it will attract your dog, but they definitely attracted our little Beagle.

These potty pads are also equipped with a quick drying top layer that keeps your pup from tracking pee off the pads and around your home. It also prevents urine from getting on his fur or paws, which will keep him smelling fresh and clean.

AmazonBasics pee pads measure 22″ X 22″. They are the perfect size for puppies and small breeds. However, if you have a large dog you may want to buy pads specifically designed for big pets. Most consumers buy products like these to house train their puppies, but some purchase them for senior dogs with incontinence issues.

Small dogs can fit easily on these pads, but large breeds will have to stand over them and try to aim. They may not get all of their urine within the boundaries of the pad, which would leave a nasty mess for you when you arrive home.

You can purchase a 100-count package of AmazonBasics puppy pee pads on Amazon for $16.99. This is a little bit cheaper than most pee pads of the same quality. In my video you’ll see that they come in a very simple plastic package instead of a nice box.

This is probably the reason they cost a few dollars less, and it shouldn’t be an issue for most dog owners. If you want something that looks a little bit nicer because you’re giving it as a gift, you may decide to pay a bit more for pee pads that come in a nicer packaging.

Video: AmazonBasics Pet Training and Puppy Pads Review

Packaging shouldn’t matter much if you’re just using the pads yourself. There is little chance of them getting damaged, even in a cheap plastic wrapper. Just be sure to look for these four features when shopping for pee pads for your pooch:

• Are they the appropriate size for your pet?
  • Do they neutralize odor?
  • Are they made with leak-proof technology?
  • Do they offer a built in attractant to make training easier?

Video: AmazonBasics Shorts: Puppy Training Pads - 150 pack

How to housetrain a dog?

If you’re unsure of how to potty training a dog, you’ll need to do some research first. It’s a time consuming task, but it has to be done. Housetraining a dog can become frustrating if you don’t know what to do or if you choose not to use puppy pee pads.

Video: Best Puppy Potty Training Pads Comparison

Below, I’ve created a step-by-step video guide to help pet parents who are trying to house train their new addition.

In it I give pointers on how to train your adult dog or puppy to use the bathroom outside. The process is the same no matter how old your dog is, however, it can take longer to train an adult dog that has already developed bad habits.

FULL GUIDE: How To Housetrain An Adult Dog – A Step-by-Step Video Guide

Summary of the AmazonBasics Puppy Training Pad Review

PROS:

• Extremely absorbent core that turns liquid to gel
  • 1.5-inch plastic border that helps prevent leaks
  • Top layer is quick drying to keep your dog from tracking urine around the house or getting it on his fur
  • Each pad holds at least 3 cups of water
  • Equipped with a built in odor neutralizer and an attractant
  • Affordable

CONS:

• Not the best option for large breeds as they only measure 22″ X 22″

Now it’s your turn to review AmazonBasics Puppy Training Pads

Reviews & Comments

Related posts