Review: barkworthies cbd dog treats (cannabidiol treats for dogs)

When most people think of cannabis they think of marijuana – an illegal (in most states) drug that alters the minds of people who choose to use it. However, cannabis is quickly becoming one of the most promising new treatments for many ailments in humans and dogs. Dog treats, like these from Barkworthies, contain Cannabidiol, which is extracted from the cannabis plant.

Barkworthies Barkworthies have been a name for themselves by manufacturing all types of high quality bullysticks for dogs, chews and dog treats. Majority of their selection of dog goodies can be found on Amazon. Now, the company has also venturing into the health products and treats for dogs made out of cannabis.

Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, has many benefits for pets. As this treatment is still relatively new, there are many studies being done on the effects of CBD on health conditions such as anxiety, arthritis and cancer in dogs. So far, the research looks very positive and extremely promising.

It’s definitely a topic that you’ll need to research on your own, and you should speak with your vet before including anything new in your dog’s diet. If your veterinarian isn’t open to the idea, perhaps a chat with your local holistic vet may help. If you decide that you’d like to try cannabidiol infused treats to help your pet, Barkworhties are a great choice! Our dogs love them!

READ THIS: Cannabis for Dogs and Cats – New Businesses in the US Pet Indusrty

Barkworthies CBD Dog Treats Review (Cannabidiol Treats for Dogs)

Barkworthies CBD Dog Treats Review

Video: Barkworthies CBD Dog Treats Review

Barkworthies company suggests that their CBD dog treats can be used to help pets with:

• Anxiety
  • Cancer
  • Joint pain
  • Mood disorders
  • Cardiac issues
  • Lack of appetite

First of all, let me say that these treats are 100% legal. They don’t actually use cannabis, just the CBD that is extracted from the plant. That means they are non-toxic and completely safe and healthy for every dog.

I fed them to all three of our dogs to see if they enjoyed the texture and flavor, even though only one of our dogs really needed the benefits of CBD.

Along with being all-natural, Barkworthies Pumpkin Cannabidiol Treats for dogs are also made in the United States. The ingredients include:

• Gluten-free oat flour
  • Hemp derived phytocannabinoids from seed and stalk
  • Pumpkin
  • Peanut butter
  • Organic coconut oil
  • Brown rice flour
  • Apple sauce
  • Organic coconut nectar
  • Organic hemp seed oil
  • Turmeric
  • Vanilla
  • Cinnamon
  • Xanthan gum (a plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent)
  • Potato starch

Video: Pet Relief Natural Hemp Dog Treats Review

As you’ll see in my video, all three of our dogs enjoy these treats. They are a biscuit treat, but they are very soft. For this reason, it took our 5-year-old boxer, Chloe, a few tries to get used to them.

Our other two dogs gobbled them up from the beginning, but Chloe is a rescue dog and has very poor dental health. She only has a few teeth left, and they are ground down almost to the gum line. She doesn’t like to chew on anything crunchy and usually doesn’t eat biscuit treats at all.

I still always offer biscuit treats to her, so it’s not unfair. The first time I offered her a Barkworthies Pumpkin Cannabidiol Treat she sniffed it a lot and pushed it around with her nose a bit. I knew the smell was enticing her, but the texture was throwing her off. She prefers dehydrated or jerky treats.

During the second attempt, Chloe took the treat in her mouth but immediately spit it out and began sniffing it and pushing it with her nose. On the third try she mushed it around in her mouth a bit before spitting it out. This proved that she was enticed to eat the treat. On the fourth attempt she finally ate one!

Since then, she always eats these treats – it just takes her a little longer than our other two garbage guts!

As I mentioned, our two younger dogs do not suffer with the any of the conditions that CBD may help with, but Chloe has anxiety issues, and I was excited to see if these dog treats would help her. Right now Chloe takes an all-natural supplement for her anxiety, but I have to force her to take the pill.

It would be great to be able to give her a treat instead of a pill! I’m pleased to report that we have had numerous thunderstorms in the last few weeks, and these treats have helped to reduce Chloe’s anxiety by about 60%. That’s about the same effectiveness that the natural supplements have on her, but no forcing to take a pill. That’s a win-win in our house!

Video: CBD Gel Pen for Dogs Review

These treats are tasty, healthy and effective. It doesn’t get much better than that. However, you’ll pay for all those great benefits. You can purchase Barkworthies Pumpkin Cannabidiol Treats on the company’s website, but only in bulk. You’ll need to look for a local retailer if you want to buy individual packages.

10 treats come in each package, and the ones I received were mostly broken. I would have broken them up myself anyway, so that wasn’t a deal breaker. They weren’t crumbs, so I could still feed them to my dogs. If you choose to order online, you can buy 6 bags (which would be 60 treats in total) for $65.93. That’s just under $1.10 per treat.

On the website you can also find a link that will help you find a local retailer, but you’d have to call ahead and ask about pricing. I’m assuming it would be fairly close to the bulk price, but probably a bit cheaper. Maybe $7-9 per bag?

Summary of Barkworthies Pumpkin Cannabidiol Treats for Dogs Review

PROS:

• Barkworthies are 100% legal
  • Cannabidiol may be effective at treating conditions such as joint pain, pain associated with cancer treatments, anxiety, mood disorders, lack of appetite and more.
  • Ingredients include pumpkin and coconut oil which are both “super foods” for dogs
  • Non-toxic
  • Made in the U.S.A.

CONS:

• These treats are more expensive than traditional dog treats, but they pack a lot more benefits. They proved to be effective for our boxer’s anxiety, and they are much easier to feed than pills or supplements.

Now it’s your turn to review Barkworthies Pumpkin Cannabidiol Treats

Reviews & Comments

Related posts