Review: miu pet multi-functional pet shower

Grooming your dog at home can save you a lot of money, and there are hundreds of products on the market to make it easier. You can find deshedding brushes, anti-itch shampoos and special gloves that allow you to scrub down into your dog’s coat and remove all the dirt and debris.

Video: Review: MIU PET Multi Functional Pet Shower

The MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower is an all-in-one dog bathing tool that you won’t be able to live without once you try it.

You may have to work a bit with your dog to get him to feel comfortable with letting you groom him, but it will pay off big in the long run. Although it’s a bit of a hassle, especially if you have a dog that wiggles all over the tub, home grooming is also a great bonding experience for you and your pet.

MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower Review

MIU Pet Multi-Functional Pet Shower Review

Dog bathing day has never been one that I’ve looked forward to. It’s always a process to get the dog in the tub, bathe her, dry her off and then brush her out – and we have two dogs, so when I’m finished with one I have to repeat the process with the other!

I was sent the MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower in exchange for my honest review. It’s not without its flaws, but this product definitely makes bath time easier with our girls. As you can see in my video review, we have a spare bathroom, and we primarily use the shower in there for dog bathing unless we have overnight guests.

Video: DELE Multifunctional Shower

I use the MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower in there, and I leave it hooked up to the shower head all the time. It’s easier than taking it on and off every time I need to bathe one of our dogs. You can attach this device to a kitchen sink (if you have a small breed) or to your hose hookup outside. We’ll use it outside this summer, but since we live in Maine and it’s January we bathe our dogs inside this time of year.

The MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand. It’s also equipped with shampoo storage container, which easily allows you to perform all bathing actions with one hand so you can hold or pat your dog with the other hand.

You can use any type of dog shampoo that you choose. There is a small opening on the side of the shower head that allows you to easily fill it with dog shampoo, and there is a round button on the very front of the device that pumps out shampoo when you push it.

There is also a button on the side of the shower head that allows you to turn the water flow on and off. Both the water flow button and the shampoo pump can be run easily with your thumb. You won’t have to struggle to hold your dog while trying to open a shampoo bottle or mess with the faucet at the same time.

My favorite thing about the MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower is that it has rubber nubs that work down into your dog’s coat to spread the shampoo evenly through it, and the massage him at the same time. Our boxer has bath time anxiety, and the massaging action seemed to soothe her a bit.

Using this pet shower is economical and it will save you money. I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. Since I can easily shut the water and off with just the push of a button, I use a lot less water when bathing my dogs with this grooming tool. I also use a lot less shampoo.

I have a tendency to use extra shampoo when bathing my dog with my hands. It’s easier to work it through their coats if I use more.

Since this device does the massaging for you and it pumps the shampoo onto your dog’s coat for you, you end up using much less shampoo. I use about 50% less shampoo now that we have the MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower.

This product also comes with a universal connector that is suitable for both indoor & outdoor use. That makes it very easy to change the location of the pet shower. We use it indoors now, but as I mentioned we will be using it outdoors this summer. It disconnects and connects so simply that it will only take a few minutes to switch it from one faucet to the other.

You can order this product from the company’s website for $18.99. For the grooming advantage that it provides, that is well worth it! However, like any other product on the market the MIU PET Multi-Functional pet Shower is not without its flaws. I only have two suggestions.

First, as you can see in my video I use this product in our spare shower and it is much easier to leave it attached and only take it off when we need to use a different shower head. It would be nice if it came with some type of holding unit that attached to the shower wall so it didn’t just hang there. I know it’s not an issue with the product itself – it’s more like a suggestion to the manufacturer – but I thought I would include it anyway.

Also, if you have a large breed dog this shower head will work well to reach all over his body if you use it from a hose connection, but in the bathtub it’s just a bit short. Because of the length that is taken up to reach from the shower head attachment down to your dog, you end up losing more than half of the 48-inch hose.

The hose does stretch, so that’s a plus. It will reach most of your dog, but I have to make our dogs turn around when it’s time to wash their back end. It’s not a deal breaker, but another 6 inches added to the hose would make it perfect.

Summary of MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower Review

PROS: This pet shower allows you to turn the water on and off and apply shampoo to your dog with the simple push of a button. It’s ergonomically designed to fit in one hand comfortably, so you can bathe your pet completely with one hand and have the other free to pat or hold your dog. The universal connector allows it to couple easily to a sink faucet, shower head attachment or an outdoor spigot. At just $18.99 the MIU PET Multi-Functional Pet Shower is priced to fit any pet parents’ budget as well.

CONS: The hose could be a bit longer for use in a bathtub, but it’s ideal for use in a sink (if you have a small breed) or outside. Most people will take the pet shower out of their bathtub when they are done using it, as they’ll likely need to use the shower themselves. However, if you have a second bathtub (like our family) it would be nice to have some type of holding unit that attached to the shower wall so the pet shower didn’t just hang there when not in use.

Now it’s your turn

Reviews & Comments

Related posts