Review: miu pet professional dog nail clipper set

Learning how to do a few simple home grooming tasks can save you time and money. If you save a few trips to the professional grooming salon each year, the savings could add up to hundreds of dollars. Of course, you’ll need to invest in a few pieces of quality dog grooming supplies, but they’ll pay for themselves in no time.

MIU PET Professional Dog Nail Clipper Set ReviewOne thing that every at-home dog groomer should have is a sfa eand effective pair of dog nail clippers. This set from MIU PET clipper set is effective, but it does not have a guard. It’s still a quality pair of clippers, but it’s definitely made for experienced pet nail cutters.

If you’re in the market for a pair of pet nail clippers, you should find a set with stainless steel blades. They are more durable and stay sharp longer than clippers made of other metals.

Video: MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper Review

You also want to be sure to find a pair that is lightweight and feels comfortable in your hand. If a pair of clippers is too heavy your hand will get tired very quickly. Likewise, if the set is designed to be comfortable in your hand, fatigue will set in soon after you begin clipping your dog’s nails.

COMPARE: Dremel vs. Safari vs. Epica – Comparing Best Pet Nail Clippers

MIU PET Professional Dog Nail Clipper Set Review

MIU PET Professional Dog Nail Clipper Set Review

These dog nail clippers are made of stainless steel. The blades cut through canine toenails very easily, and the stainless steel handles are extremely durable. As you’ll see in my video review, the handles are lined with rubber grips to keep your fingers from slipping.

This is a great safety feature that you should always look for when shopping for dog nail clippers. If your hand were to slip, you could end up taking off way more of the nail than you anticipated. This would be very painful for your pet.

Video: 8 Best Dog Washers 2016

Instead of a traditional spring-loaded handle, the MIU PET dog nail clipper is equipped with a metal plate that acts as a spring. Before using the clippers, you just flip the plate up and it will push the clippers open after you squeeze them closed to cut the nail.

In my video review I demonstrate how this metal plate works. I prefer the traditional spring-loaded handle, but it’s just a personal preference. I always feel like the metal plate is going to slip while I’m working on my dog’s nails, even though it never has.

RECOMMENDED: How To Stop Dog Nail Bleeding – An Instructional Video Guide

MIU PET Pet Nail Clipper Review

I’ve tried these clippers on our Boxer, chocolate Labrador and on our little Beagle mix. It works great on large or small nails. If you’ve had a lot of experience trimming your dog’s nails, this is an ideal choice for multi-dog families.

Instead of having to buy multiple sets of clippers, this pair will work on your large and small dogs.

As I demonstrate in my video review, the handles of these clippers are very narrow. I have petite hands, and they work very well for me. However, my husband prefers a pair with a larger handle. He complained that these dog nail clippers were too small.

Again, I think this is a matter of personal preference. If you have large hands, you may want to test these clippers out before committing to the purchase.

The handles are ergonomically designed to fit nicely in your hand. They have a slight curve that allows them to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.

MORE CLIPPERS: 10 Best Dog Nail Clippers for Grooming Dogs At Home

MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper Review

This set also includes a nail file. The file also has a rubber grip on the handle and it’s the perfect size for smoothing large or small nails. It’s a nice bonus, as most dog nail clippers don’t come with a file- you’d have to buy it separately.

If you’re thinking that you don’t need a dog nail file, think again!

Even the most experienced dog groomer using the sharpest pair of clippers can still leave jagged edges on the end of the nail. It’s not all about the tools you’re using. Sometimes the nails are just brittle and the end breaks off leaving a jagged edge behind.

MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper ReviewIn these cases, the jagged end of a nail can get caught on things and tear. That will be extremely painful for your pet. It’s best to file down any jagged edges while grooming your pet’s nails.

You can buy the MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper Set on Amazon for $14.99. That’s a great deal for a set of stainless steel clippers and a nail file. Many similar products retail for a comparable price without the file. Just remember, this is a set that is made for people with lots of experience cutting dog nails.

How to Cut Dog’s Nails?

If you have never cut a dogs’ nails before, you should do a bit of research first. It’s not a grooming task to jump into lightly. I’ve created a step-by-step video to show you how to cut dog’s nails safely. In it I share some tips and tricks to make the task a little easier and discuss the different types of nail clippers available.

FULL GUIDE: How To Cut Dog’s Nails 101 – A Step by Step Video

Video: My selection of dog grooming tools for 2014

Summary of the MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper Review

PROS:

• MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper SetMade of stainless steel
  • Equipped with rubber grips on the sides of each handle for stability and control
  • Metal plate in middle of handles acts as a spring to open the clippers automatically
  • Works for large or small breeds
  • Nail file included in set
  • Affordable

CONS:

Video: The UNHAIRING - Pet Dematting Comb - Cat And Dog Grooming Tool - Small, Medium, Large Pets Rake -

• Does not have a guard, making these clippers only suitable for experienced groomers

Now it’s your turn to review the MIU PET Dog Nail Clipper Set

Reviews & Comments

Related posts