Review: pets savvy ezy treat dog training pouch (updated)

We know that training a dog can be overwhelming, but when you go to the pet store to shop for products that will help you’ll become even more overwhelmed! There are books, videos, leashes, collars and all sorts of other products geared toward helping dog owners train even the most unruly pooch.

Video: Pets Savvy Dog Training Treats Pouch Review

This Ezy Treat pouch for training dogs from Pets Savvy may be one of the many products you find, and I’m going to let you know if it’s worth the investment.

If you follow my reviews of dog products, you know that I’ve already reviewed this dog treat pouch. Back in January I checked out the old version of this product, but the company has since made some updates, and Pets Savvy has sent me one of the new models to test. I have to say, overall I like this new version better, but there was one update that I don’t care for.

Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch Review

If you read my first review or saw my video on our YouTube channel, you already know that this is a great product. I still feel the same way about this new model, but I don’t think it is a must-have for every dog owner.

Video: Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch Review

If you want to make training your Fido a bit easier, this product will certainly come in handy, but if you need to cut your dog training budget you will manage just fine without a Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch.

The updated Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch has 4 pockets, compared to 6 on the previous version. This sounds like a disadvantage, but it’s actually a great update. There is one long pocket across the top of the pouch. In the old version this long pocket was split into three small pockets, which were only about 2 inches long.

The updated version gets rid of the dividers on this pocket and opens it into one long pocket which can easily fit any of the newer model smartphones.

There is also a large front pocket, a medium-sized pocket on the front and a smaller zippered pocket, which you can see in my video review.

This product comes with a free training clicker, and it’s not a cheap freebie!

In my video you’ll see that it gives off a great sound and fits perfectly in the medium pocket of this training pouch.

I really enjoy the size and feel of this product. It’s not bulky, and the belt is surprisingly comfortable. The Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch doesn’t weigh very much, so even when full of training supplies it’s still really comfortable. The bag itself is very flexible, so it doesn’t jab into you when you bend or move.

The 50-inch adjustable nylon web belt is one sizes fits most, and I adjusted it to sit right on my hips. Another great upgrade is the adjuster on the belt.

I am petite, so when I adjust the belt there is quite a long tail that hangs down. On the old belt I had to tuck that extra bit into the front of the pouch, but now there is an added buckle that holds the extra material.

Another great bonus for me is that this bag is stain, water and fade resistant. We have a lab, so we’ll surely be using this bag near the water this summer. We also spend a lot of time outdoors, and I need a product that won’t get wet in the rain or snow. We have children, so the stain resistance will probably come in handy in our home too!

Now onto the upgrade that I didn’t like. The largest pouch used to equipped with a patented French Spring Hinge, but now they’ve changed it to a magnet. It’s much easier to open the pocket with one hand now, although it could be done before as well.

As you’ll see in my video review, the old hinge used to completely seal the pocket. If you had treats in the pocket you could turn the Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch upside down and no treats would spill out. Now, the magnet only closes in the middle of the pocket, leaving space on both sides for treats to fall out.

Is this a deal-breaker? No- it’s just a bit annoying if you’re traveling with the product in the car or if you need to bend over or move around a lot while training your dog. Personally, I preferred the French spring hinge, but this is still a great product.

Is this product a necessity for training dogs?

In most cases it isn’t, but it is convenient and will make your job as a trainer much easier. The Ezy Treat from Pets Savvy retails for about $27 on Amazon. I wouldn’t call it outrageously expensive, but if you’re on a budget, it isn’t a must-have dog product.

In our home we ask ourselves two questions before considering a purchase. Do we need it and will it last? You don’t need this product, but if you do choose to buy it you’ll probably have it for quite a while. It won’t see a lot of wear and tear as you’ll only be using it while training your dog.

If you’re a professional dog trainer, groomer, professional dog walker or you work in a doggy daycare this product actually is a must-have.

If you work with multiple dogs all the time, this is a great product for storing your supplies and keeping treats on hand at all times. You can access the four compartments with just one hand, allowing you to always keep one hand on the dog you’re working with.

The only reservation that I have toward the quality of the Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch is the plastic hardware. The buckle and adjuster on the belt are both plastic. Granted, they are made of thick plastic that will probably hold up fine, but I usually look for products with metal hardware to be sure of their durability.

Summary of Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Pouch Review

PROS: This is a great product for professionals that work with dogs, and it’s very convenient for dog owners who are trying to train their pet. You can access all the pockets in the Ezy Treat with one hand, so you can keep the other on the leash or on the dog.

Video: Get The Best Dog Treat Pouch Ever!!! - NEW EZY TREAT

It’s got a lot of space for training supplies and treats, and the 50-inch adjustable waist band is comfortable and sits nicely on your hips. The bag itself is not heavy and it’s made of a flexible material, meaning you can wear it for long periods of time without feeling any discomfort.

CONS: The Ezy Treat pouch for training dogs is not a must-have product to train your dog. It costs $27, so for pet parents who are on a budget I would recommend saving the money and investing it in a quality leash and collar – two things you’ll definitely need to train your dog.

The belt is comfortable and made with flexible material, but it is also equipped with plastic hardware. The plastic is thick, and I’ve clipped and un-clipped this belt hundreds of times in the last few weeks. It’s not showing any signs of wear yet, but I am skeptical about the durability of plastic hardware. I typically look for products with metal hardware just to be safe.

Now it’s your turn

Reviews & Comments

Related posts