Top 3 best jogging leashes

best jogging leashes header

Click Here to shop the Top Selling Jogging Leashes from Amazon!

Life is full of small pleasures- tiny joys that make the daily grind worth grinding through.

One of those pleasures for me is taking my dog out for a morning or an evening jog, when I can fit it in. Butler needs the exercise, and so do I!

Running is so poetic. I love running best at sunrise or sunset. That’s when the air is cool but not too cold The cicadas and crickets are singing and the grass is swaying slightly in the breeze as we enjoy those fine summer smells.

It’s the one place where I can totally lose myself in the moment.

Jogging Issues?

joggingleash1Now, it’s difficult to go on a jog with your dog when the leash you’re using is too short or too long, or too uncomfortable your pet, giving them a difficult experience that takes away from your own.

Think about where the mud and animals are- if your dog’s anything like my Butler, then it’s fairly certain he’ll be chasing after squirrels, rabbits, and ponds the second they find his periphery.

A good leash will help cushion your dog’s excitement by softening both your and your dog’s movements against each other.

Video: Top 3 Running Backs In The 2016 NFL Draft | NFL Now

And, while you want a good leash, you also don’t want to spend ten billion dollars on it! There is a huge selection of pet leashes available, but we need something that is affordable.

After all, you are going to still need some budget left for chewtoys and kibble.

So here are three leashes worth looking at for those exquisite evening and morning jogs, or a nice walk through your local dog park.

Hopefully these reviews help you choose which leashes are right for you–and your dog, too!

Mighty Paw Hands Free Dog Leash For Running

mighty paw running leashActive dog owners are especially fond of this leash. Whether hiking or jogging or running or walking, a bungee leash has a variety of advantages due to its elastic nature.

Your canine friend might yank on the leash, but when you pull them back, it’s not as likely to hurt them due to the stretchable bungee apparatus.

This product also has an excellent quality. Knowing how active most canines are, the designers of the Mighty Paw were cognizant that dogs tend to have little regard for the humans trying to restrain them. So they made the leash with quality materials.

Accordingly, this leash is more expensive than some options, but it’s a good product designed to withstand the elements of nature and the most precocious of puppies.

Also, this leash has been engineered by dog owners who love running with their pets. They know what’s needed out in “the field”, as it were. You’ll find that this leash moves right with you as you run.

The Mighty Paw is designed for canines between thirty and one-hundred pounds and it is lightweight.

Active dog-owners need to be safe, too. And as an added feature, reflexive thread has been stitched into this leash to increase visibility. You want to be visible if you’re jogging by the road.

Video: How to Run with a Dog

Finally, the makers of the Mighty Paw offer a complete money-back guarantee. If the leash just doesn’t work for some reason, you won’t lose a penny, and they won’t probe you with questions.

I understand you might be hesitant to pay more for this leash. But it is definitely a superior product. And, with that money-back guarantee, you have nothing to lose.

Video: Top 5 Running Backs & Top 3 Rookies to Watch (2016 Position Preview) | Move the Sticks | NFL

Click Here to try the Mighty Paw Hands Free option!

Roadrunner Running Dog Leash Hands Free – Including LED Light!

roadrunner dog leashDesigned for you to jog hands-free with your dog, this running belt is great for everything from jogging to taking a hike in the mountains, to a nice hands-free walk around the neighborhood. The leash can go on or off the running belt with the built in carabiner.

This leash is built to comfortably fit many consumers. It is designed to encompass a waist between 26 and 49 inches.

It also features a quick releasing mechanism that makes it easy to reconnect and release your pet in a hurry, and with a swivel hook and the quick release mechanism the collar attachment easily connects to harnesses, O-rings or D rings. 

Since it involves physical attachment, it invokes a strong bond between you and your pet, making this dog walking leash an excellent training tool. 

Finally, it also comes with a LED light that fits snugly onto the leash. Now taking your dogs out on a walk at night is no longer a hassle, but rather an enjoyment!

Click Here to start training with your pet using this hands free running leash!

Ruffwear Flat-Out Leash

ruffwear leashIt’s in the same price range as Mighty Paw’s bungee leash, but it comes at the dog-walking game from a slightly different angle.

Ruffwear’s Flat-Out Leash has Tubelok webbing, contributing to solid engineering via durability. And it is aesthetically pleasing. The handle has padding and is adjustable for comfort.

This Ruffwear Leash uses an aluminum Talon Hook to provide the most versatility. The Talon Hook allows the leash to be worn around the waist, or clipped onto a post or a tree or a bike rack.

Video: Best Smart 3-in-1 Design Hands Free Dog Leash with Accessory Pouch - Pre Review

This clip is an ergonomically designed for easy one-handed use. It also is extremely strong so you can trust virtually any pet with it.

The biggest notch against Ruffwear’s Flat-Out Leash is that the length of the leash is only six feet, and it doesn’t have the elasticity of its cousins in this list, meaning you and your canine friend will likely experience some discomfort along the way. Even the most well-trained puppies chase after squirrels sometimes!

But it does look good, it is solidly designed, and as far as conventional leashes go, it is a great option.

Click Here to get the Ruffwear Flat Out from Amazon.com!

Let’s Go Running!

Dogs and owners stand to benefit in mind and body from regular running. You both get exercise, and peace that comes with a good jog is hard to find elsewhere. So get a good leash! Hopefully Butler and I will see you on the trails soon!

Back to Best Nail Clippers For Your Dog

Reviews & Comments

Related posts