Review: miu pet retractable dog leash

Recently, I had the opportunity to test and review the MIU PET Retractable Dog Leash. I was sent this leash in exchange for my honest opinion. It worked well for our 58-pound boxer, and I was very impressed with its durability.

Video: MIU PET Safety Retractable Dog Leash Review, Perfect for my lil dog

Retractable leashes have their drawbacks, but if you prefer to use them with your dog, this one from MIU PET would be a great choice. The first thing I noticed about the leash was it’s reflective tape.

As you can see, the neon yellow tape is very noticeable, and the cover plate of the leash has 3M reflective stripping on both sides. This is a great leash for dog owners who walk their pet early in the morning or later in the evening.

This leash extends up to 16 feet and is recommended for dogs under 66 pounds. Our boxer, Chloe, is on the higher end of that weight spectrum and we’ve never had any issues with the leash.

Review of MIU Retractable Dog Leash

It holds her just fine, and it also holds our energetic 40 pound puppy who likes to pull. The construction of this leash is definitely high-quality.

One thing I don’t like about it is the braking feature. It works properly, but it’s a bit of a hassle to differentiate between the brake and the lock. Sometimes when you push the button to stop your dog it will lock the leash too.

I’ve used other retractable leashes that had separate brake and lock buttons that I liked much better. Other dog owners seem to like the two-in-one button, but it’s just a matter of preference.

Video: MIU PET Retractable Leash and Dax Dog Harness Giveaway

Again, the brake and stop feature both work well. When locked, this leash holds our perpetually pulling puppy just fine, and it is easy to unlock when we have room to let her run. I think 16-feet is a good distance. Similar products can extend much farther, but once you start getting 20+ feet away, I feel like you’re just asking for trouble. Would you be able to get to your pet quickly enough or recall him fast enough in the event of an emergency?

MIU Retractable Dog Leash Review for Dogs

Video: 8 Best Retractable Leashes 2016

I also enjoyed the ergonomically designed handle. It has a rubber grip for comfort and the size of the handle is great. I have very small hands, and I usually have no trouble fitting them into the handle of retractable leashes. However, we’ve tried multiple retractable leashes that my husband could not fit his hand in comfortably.

Sometimes his knuckles rub against the other side of the handle, causing irritation. The handle of the MIU PET retractable leash is suitable for dog owners with large or small hands, and it’s very comfortable.

The extension is perfect, the quality is fantastic, and the braking feature works as it should. You can buy this leash for $25 from the manufacturer, which is at the higher end of the price range for retractable leashes.

As far as quality and durability are concerned of the MIU PET leash, it’s certainly worth the money. We’ve been using this leash for months with no sign of wear. I’m sure it will last for many years – we will probably even have it for future pet generations.

It’s your turn to review MIU PET Retractable Dog Leash

Do you have any experience with MIU PET Retractable Dog Leash? What are your thoughts on this product? Feel free to leave your own review and rating for the MIU PET Retractable Dog Leash below and let us know what you think!

Video: The Best Dog Leash? BonaFido Retractable Dog Leash Review

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts