Review: pets savvy ezy dog training treats pouch

Video: NEW Magnetic Ezy Treat6 Dog Training Treat Bag from PetsSavvy.com

Yes, training a dog is no easy task. It takes a lot of time, patience and multiple training tools. I personally don’t use unnecessary training tools. We stick with a collar, leash and some safe and healthy training treats. This also has to do with the fact that I only have to train a dog once or twice a decade – if you work with dogs more often you’re going to need more equipment.

Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Treats Pouch ReviewThis week I had the opportunity to review the Ezy Treat Training Treat Bag from Pets Savvy.I found out quickly that using this product won’t make your training any more or less effective, but it definitely makes it a lot easier!

Training a dog, especially one as stubborn as my Saddie, can be a very frustrating task. Using a product that makes the process a little bit easier is definitely a bonus.

Pets Savvy Dog Training Treats Pouch Review

First a small disclaimer. I was sent this training dog treat bag by Pets Savvy in exchange for my honest review. I am not compensated in any way to give a positive review. With that being said, I did really like this product and it worked well. However, I’m not sure that it’s worth the money. I’ll let you decide for yourself.

Video: Doggone Treat Pouch Review

Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Treats Pouch Review

The Ezy Treat bag has six convenient pockets that allow you to hold everything from dog treats to toys and car keys to debit cards. There are two small zippered pockets on the top by the waist strap and a larger zippered pocket right on the front. There is also a small open pocket on the waist strap and another open pocket in the front as well.

The largest pocket is equipped with a patented French Spring Hinge that opens easily with one hand and has a two cup capacity. As you can see in my video, this is especially helpful if you’re leash training or need to have both hands free to control your dog. The hinge also closes tightly, so if you have treats inside this pocket they won’t fall out if you bend over or the treat bag tips over in the car.

I really enjoyed the size and feel of this product. It’s not bulky, and the belt is surprisingly comfortable. The 50-inch adjustable nylon web belt is one sizes fits most, and I adjusted it to sit right on my hips. The Ezy Treat doesn’t weigh very much, so even when full of supplies it’s still really comfortable. The bag itself is very flexible, so it doesn’t jab into you when you bend or move.

Another great bonus for me is that this bag is stain, water and fade resistant. We have a lab, so we’ll surely be using this bag near the water this summer. We also spend a lot of time outdoors, and I need a product that won’t get wet in the rain or snow. We have children, so the stain resistance will probably come in handy in our home too!

Is this product a necessity for training?No, but it is convenient and will make your job as a trainer much easier. The Ezy Treat from Pets Savvy retails for about $27 on Amazon. I wouldn’t call it outrageously expensive, but if you’re on a budget, it isn’t a must-have dog product.

In our home we ask ourselves two questions before considering a purchase. Do we need it and will it last? You don’t need this product, but if you do choose to buy it you’ll probably have it for quite a while. It won’t see a lot of wear and tear as you’ll only be using it while training your dog.

If you’re a professional dog trainer, groomer, professional dog walker or you work in a doggy daycare this product actually is a must-have. If you work with multiple dogs all the time, this is a great product for storing your supplies and keeping treats on hand at all times. You can access the six compartments with just one hand, allowing you to always keep one hand on the dog you’re working with.

The only reservation that I have toward the quality of the Ezy Treat is the plastic hardware. The buckle and adjuster on the belt are both plastic. Granted, they are made of thick plastic that will probably hold up fine, but I usually look for products with metal hardware to be sure of their durability.

Summary of Pets Savvy Ezy Dog Training Treats Pouch Review

PROS: This is a great product for professionals that work with dogs, and it’s very convenient for dog owners who are trying to train their pet. You can access all the pockets in the Ezy Treat with one hand, so you can keep the other on the leash or on the dog.

It’s got a lot of space for training supplies and treats, and the hinged pocket keeps things from spilling out when you bend over. The 50-inch adjustable waist band is comfortable and sits nicely on your hips. The bag itself is not heavy and it’s made of flexible material, meaning you can wear it for long periods of time without feeling any discomfort.

CONS: The Ezy Treat is not a must-have product to train your dog. It costs $27, so for pet parents who are on a budget I would recommend saving the money and investing it in a quality leash and collar – two things you’ll definitely need to train your dog.

Pets Savvy Ezy Treat Dog Training Treats Pouch ReviewThe collar is comfortable and made with flexible material, but it is also equipped with plastic hardware. The plastic is thick, and I’ve clipped and un-clipped this belt hundreds of times in the last few weeks. It’s not showing any signs of wear yet, but I am skeptical about the durability of plastic hardware. I typically look for products with metal hardware just to be safe.

Now it’s your turn

Reviews & Comments

Related posts