Review: the guzzle muzzle slow dog feeder

Video: The Guzzle Muzzle Slow Dog Feeder Review

Did you know that gulping down dog food is very bad for your dog’s digestive tract? If your dog eats like he’s never seen food before, you need to find a way to slow his eating down. The faster your dog eats, the less time he takes to chew his food. The Guzzle Muzzle can help to slow your dog’s eating.

Gulping down food can lead to choking or gagging, and it can also be the beginning of food aggression. Scarfing food can also result in a condition called gastric dilatation-volvulus (GDV), which should be your biggest concern. The rapid eating of dog food results in excessive fluid, air and food filling the stomach.

This is followed by swelling of the stomach cavity. As the stomach grows, it can twist around on its axis (volvulus). This will make it impossible for anything to pass through the stomach into the intestines. If this occurs, your dog could go into shock and possibly die very abruptly.

Slow dog feeders, like The Guzzle Muzzle from Wag Haus, will drastically reduce your dog’s eating time. Our chocolate Labrador, Saddie, used to eat 1.5 cups of food in under a minute, but now it takes her about 5 minutes to eat the same amount of dog food. The Guzzle Muzzle is durable and made with food safe materials. I love using it with Saddie!

The Guzzle Muzzle Slow Dog Feeder Review

When I pulled The Guzzle Muzzle, sent to me by Wag Haus, out of its box, I instantly noticed how durable it felt. It is made with food grade PVC plastic and silicon. The construction is sturdy, and as you’ll see in my review there is a rubber border around the bowl and small rubber patches on the bottom to keep it from sliding all over your floor.

I also noticed the edges right away. They stick up about half an inch, so the feeder holds kibble in very well. Even if your pup is a piggy like ours, he won’t be able to make much of a mess. The lip around the edge also allows you to mix water in with your dog’s kibble if he prefers to eat it that way.

Video: Guzzle Muzzle Slow Dog Bowl Feeder Review

If you’re looking for a way to slow down your pet’s eating, this is a great choice. It’s much more durable than many similar products, and it’s easy to clean. You can throw it in the dishwasher or rinse it out with mild soap and warm water.

The Guzzle Muzzle is designed to keep your dog from vomiting or contracting “bloat” from eating too quickly.

As you’ll see in my video, this slow feeder has a lot of obstacles in a maze-like pattern that will keep your dog entertained and engaged while he’s eating. It is designed to stimulate your dog mentally and keep his mind active. This is a great tool for dogs who are bored during the day while their owner is away!

You’ll see our boxer Chloe giving this slow feeder a try in my video. Chloe is a boxer, and she does not eat fast. I wanted to try this product out with her, because it claimed to work well for flat-faced breeds. I’ve found MANY products that Chloe cannot eat out of without making a huge mess, but I’m happy to report that The Guzzle Muzzle does work very well for snub-nosed dogs!

Video: Guzzle Muzzle Slow Feed Dog Bowl Customer Review

This product comes in two sizes. The size that you see in my video is the large. It holds 1.5 cups of food and is recommended for dogs weighing more than 20 pounds. The small Guzzle Muzzle holds 3/4 cup of dog food and is recommended for dogs weighing less than 20 pounds.

You can purchase The guzzle through the company’s website. It will cost you $19.95 for the small size and $24.95 for the large. If you’re not as satisfied as I am with The Guzzle Muzzle, you can take advantage of Wag Haus’ 100% money back guarantee.

Summary of The Guzzle Muzzle Slow Dog Feeder Review

PROS: This slow feeder works to slow your pet’s eating. Our lab used to be able to eat her dinner in less than a minute, now it takes her 5 minutes to eat the same amount of dog food. It’s durable and affordable. The Guzzle Muzzle is also easy to clean and can be used indoors or outside.

CONS: If you’re looking for a slow feeder, then The Guzzle Muzzle is definitely a great choice. There really is no downside to this product. It works well for all breeds and is sure to last a long time. I have been completely satisfied with The Guzzle Muzzle.

Now it’s your turn

Reviews & Comments

Related posts