Review: the molly mutt dog bed

Video: Product Review of Molly Mutt Dog Bed Duvet

Choosing a bed for your dog isn’t an easy task. There are so many options available. What if there were a dog bed option that would allow you to recycle your old cloth items and soothe your anxiety ridden pooch? The Molly Mutt Dog Bed offers this unique option.

Molly Mutt Dog BedOur dogs need a bed for the same reason that we do. Would you want to sleep on a cold, hard floor? Of course not! Your Fido doesn’t either. Dog beds also provide the necessary joint support our pets need, aside from a multitude of other health benefits.

Dog beds provide warmth and comfort so your pet can get the rest that his body requires. Just like you, your pooch needs to be well rested to make it through the day and recover fully. Without enough sleep, he’d be just as irritable and groggy as you would be.

It’s no secret that dogs like to be with their people. Being near you comforts them. But what are they to do when you’re not around? Dog beds from Molly Mutt allow pet parents to stuff their old personal items, like clothes and linens, inside the dog bed. This gives the bed your scent and adds another level of comfort for your furry friend.

MORE ON PET BEDS: Podcast Interview about Health Benefits of Dog Beds

The Molly Mutt Dog Bed Review

Molly Mutt Dog Bed Review

The company Molly Mutt provided me with a dog bed free of charge in exchange for an honest review. So let me dig into this right away and tell you my thoughts on it.

As you can see, our dogs love their Molly Mutt Dog Bed. I don’t stuff mine completely full, because our dogs like to scratch and nest. They like having the extra room to move things around make a nest.

In my video review I demonstrate how these dog beds work. Basically, the beds don’t come stuffed. That’s right; you can use any material of your choosing to stuff the beds. Old towels, blankets and clothing make great stuffing material.

By using your old cloth belongings, the bed will be comfortable and smell like you and your home. This is a great way to give your canine companion the comfort of having you close to him without actually needing to be by his side.

MORE BEDS: 15 Best Dog Beds on Sale for Small Dogs & Big Dogs

The Molly Mutt Dog Bed is really just a duvet cover paired with an optional Stuff Sack. The duvets are made from 100% cotton canvas. The stitching is strong and gusseted, which means it’s very durable.

Molly Mutt Dog Bed duvet covers are ideal for dogs like ours like to scratch and nest.

Molly Mutt Dog Bed Review

Video: Molly Mutt Dog Bed Review

Unlike the case with many regular cheap dog beds, the Molly Mutt pet duvet covers are also very easy to clean. They’re machine washable with cold water. They’re also pre-shrunk and can be tumble dried, which makes the whole cleaning process a breeze.

These Molly Mutt dog bed duvets sell for $25-$50 depending on the size you choose. They are available in many colors and patterns.

You can also purchase a Stuff Sack, which you can see in my video review. They aren’t required in order for the Molly Mutt Dog Bed to be comfortable, but they make things much more convenient.

Molly Mutt Dog BedStuff Sacks retail for $11-$20, depending on the size. These bags are 100% nylon and they offer an extra layer to keep all the items you’re using for stuffing together.

The nylon bag is also washable, so you can put it and all of its contents right in the washing machine. The Stuff Sack is also made with strong stitching and gusseted for extra support.

We’ve been using our Molly Mutt Dog Bed for about a month, and I would highly recommend getting a Stuff Sack if you’re considering purchasing this product. It does add a little more money to your bill, but it makes stuffing and cleaning the bed so much easier.

ANOTHER REVIEW: Big Barker Dog Bed for Large Breeds

These beds will cost you $35-$70 if you purchase the Stuff Sack too. That’s in the mid range of dog bed pricing, and it’s very comparable with the prices of other beds made of the same quality. Can you find a cheaper dog bed out there? Of course, but it won’t be as durable as the Molly Mutt Dog Bed.

Video: Molly Mutt DIY Dog Bed Kit

You do have to have the material to stuff the bed, so it may take you a while to save up enough discarded clothes and linens. It’s a durable dog bed, but it’s not as convenient as pre-stuffed bed. However, a Molly Mutt Dog Bed will give your pet the added comfort of being surrounded by materials that smell like you and your family.

READ NEXT: DIY Dog Bed Project – Some Ideas From Around the Internet

Summary of the Molly Mutt Dog Bed Review

PROS:

• Molly Mutt Dog BedYou stuff the bed with personal items that smell like you, which can be comforting to dogs
  • made with durable materials and strong, gusseted stitching
  • machine wash and dry
  • available in multiple sizes
  • available in many colors and patterns to match any home décor

CONS:

Video: molly mutt funsies

• you have to stuff the bed yourself, so you’ll need lots of old pillows, blankets, clothing and other cloth materials
  • Comparable in price to other dog beds of the same quality, but doesn’t come with stuffing
  • Traditional pre-stuffed dog beds are much more convenient

Now it’s your turn to review the Molly Mutt Dog Bed

Do you have one of these dog beds? Do you use the Stuff Sack or just the duvet? Does your dog like it as much as ours do? I’d love to hear your opinion! Please feel free to share your personal reviews below or post your video review or photos on our Facebook page.

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts