The clawgaurd protects your door from scratching

Our dogs have the annoying habit of scratching on the door when they need to go out or they want to come in. I know I’m not alone in dealing with this annoying trait, so I wanted to share this interesting product with you that I discovered recently. The Clawguard may be the most simply designed product that I’ve ever seen, but it’s also genius!

Video: Features of Clawguard Door Shield

So, basically it is just a clear sheet of plastic with a small slit on one side that a doorknob can be slid through. Once attached to the doorknob, the plastic extends on both sides to protect the door and the door frame from being damaged by your dog’s scratching. The plastic is frosted, so it’s easily noticeable, but the clear color allows it to match any home’s décor.

If the Clawguard is too wide for your home’s particular setup, you can easily cut it to fit your space with scissors. Again, quite possible the most simple design I’ve seen, but it is such a clever product. You can use the Clawguard inside or outside, but I’m purchasing one for both sides of my front door. I suppose if you wanted to save a little money you could buy one Clawguard and switch it to whichever side of the door your dog is on.

Video: How the Clawguard was invented

Each Clawguard also comes with a single Velcro fastener for extra stability so it won’t slide around when your dog scratches. They also have a smooth side and a textured side. The smooth side allows for noise control, but the device can be flipped to the textured side for dog owners that may need trouble hearing when their pet is signalling that he needs to go outside.

I like how easy it is to install. There is no hardware or tools needed. It isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing device, so I’ll probably take mine down when we’re expecting company. I’m really excited about this product. I’ll have to update this article and let you all know how it works. I’m so tired of replacing the trim around our door and repainting the door every couple of years because all the paint has been scratched off. We’ve tried to train our dogs not to scratch, but our older ones always teach the puppies, and it’s been a terrible cycle!

Reviews & Comments

Related posts