The clever name ellen degeneres and portia de rossi gave their new puppy

Ellen DeGeneres: “Now, we have a Kid.”

If you’re a dog lover who’s tired of people asking when or whether you’re going to have children, Ellen and Portia may have the perfect solution for you.

The celebrity couple added a new member to their family, and named their small, curly-haired bundle of joy “Kid.” Now, they can finally give everyone the answer they’ve been looking for when they ask, “When are you two going to have a kid?”

Baby Kid was introduced on Thursday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

He joins pup siblings Augie and Wolf at the DeGeneres-de Rossi household. DeGeneres says that the older two “are doing great with [Kid]” and are “teaching him a lot.”

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 9.23.01 AM
Kid and Wolf. Image adapted from The Ellen Show.

Check out the trio of pooches in this hilarious ellentube video, titled “Ellen Shares a Video of Her Kid.”

Despite DeGeneres’ previous statement about the furry bunch getting along, it doesn’t mean that it’s always sunshine and roses amongst the three. But siblings bicker every so often, don’t they?

Video: Simon Cowell's New Dogs on Ellen show

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 10.32.30 AM
Kid with Augie, who’s “the boss of the house.” Image adapted from ellentube.

The talk show host admitted that she feels like she’s getting a taste of motherhood during the pup’s early stages. “He is absolutely adorable,” she said on the show, “nine weeks old and cute as can be, but I’ll tell you what’s not cute is to wake up at eleven, and one, and three, and five, and then five is when he’s up-up,”

Then, there’s the mom multi-tasking factor:

“It really makes me appreciate what it’s like to be a mother, because I’m trying to hold a puppy while I’m trying to make coffee, and I can’t do anything,” she said.

Video: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Play the Newlywed Game

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 10.35.44 AM
Image adapted from ellentube.

Congrats on the new addition!

(All images adapted from The Ellen DeGeneres Show, ellentube, and @portiaderossi via Instagram.)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts