Top 3 best dog training books you’ll ever need

Best Dog Training Books
Best Dog Training Books

Training a dog is a tough job, especially if it’s a puppy, and there is definitely no right way to go about it. There are different methods for using best dog training books and including clicker training, positive reinforcement training, and dominance based training. But before you even bring your puppy home, you should do some research to figure out which method you would like to use.

Now, once you’ve chosen how you want to train your dog, you will need to find a decent guide or manual to help you along the way.

These best dog training books should get you started on your journey to successful canine training, but there are plenty of other good reads about dogs out there as well if you wish to explore them.

Top 3 Best Dog Training Books You’ll Ever Need

Here at Top Dog Tips, we have to remember that understanding our pets is very important. Books will be the best resource for learning which dogs are more hypoallergenic, what training is appropriate to which breed or what type of pet health insurance you might need. It’s all in the books! Okay, let’s jump in right into one of my favorite and definitely one of the best dog training books out there that I highly recommend.

Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.

Best Dog Training Books
How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend

How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend

How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend: The Classic Training Manual for Dog Owners (Revised & Updated Edition) by Monks of New Skete is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to give dog training a shot. This book goes into detail about the history and science behind the methods of success.

Certain types of dog training methods are some of the most effective forms of training, and this book gives readers a step-by-step instructions to get their dog to follow several commands. If you’re interested in a training method that will reinforce good behavior while motivating your dog, this book will tell you everything you need to know to get started.

Bless the Monks! (read the full Amazon review): “Our dog Cadfael, a 190-pound English Mastiff, is a great example of what the Monks’ training can do for a dog and his owners. He is our first dog and _Best Friend_ came through for us time and time again. While I read many books about dogs before Cadfael came to live with us, the Monks’ book…5 out of 5

Best Dog Training Books
How to Raise the Perfect Dog

How to Raise the Perfect Dog

Professional dog trainers Cesar Millan and Melissa Jo Peltier put together a comprehensive training tool called How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond that brings together all the newest tips and tricks from their profession and makes them available to ordinary dog owners.

This one of the best dog training books covers everything from teaching puppies to working with older dogs. This book is written with a no-nonsense style and it isn’t filled with glossy adorable pictures. It presents the facts, and a lot of them. Millan’s book is filled with useful information for any dog owner that is looking to teach their dog a new behavior.

What I’ve Been Waiting For (read the full Amazon review): “This book is great–very informative, positive, and practical. I would recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about getting a puppy. As an experienced animal handler, I feel that this book is a great guide for the beginner and experienced alike. Among the things that I find particularly useful are the careful, step-by-step instructions, specific examples from puppies that Millan raised while…5 out of 5

Best Dog Training Books
101 Dog Tricks

101 Dog Tricks

If a comprehensive and complete dog ownership tool is what you’re searching for, then 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog by Kyra Sundance and Chalcy will be your greatest resource. This book covers everything from before you even bring a dog home all the way to advanced obedience training.

The book will walk you through training a puppy and teach you how to stop problem behaviors in older dogs. This book also comes with lots of extra resources, videos and audio downloads, and even the email address of the author in case you have additional questions.

One of the BEST books in my training library! (read the full Amazon review): “I received this book as a Mother’s Day gift from my sons. I train my dog for competition obedience and they thought I might like to have some “fun” things to train. The book is fantastic! There are lots of pictures and easy, step by step instructions for every trick! I love the way the tricks are categorized as being easy, intermediate, advanced and expert, there are tricks for…5 out of 5

Summary of best dog training books

And there you have it – three best dog training books you’ll ever need to read, period! Of course, if you’re hungry for more, there are other best dog training books that are more specific for any kind of teaching that you may be interested in, such as material on great dog beds or crate training for puppies, as well as reading material on bonding with your pooch and fostering the relationship between the two of you. If you’re not sure what to look for or even where to begin, a trip to your local pet store or a phone call to your vet will be a great help. You can also search some of the best selling dog books on Amazon, which I always find to be of great help.

Talking to experts about your specific dog breed will help them assist you in finding a training method that is right for both you and your pet. It’s also okay to try different forms of pet training out with your pooch to see which one they will respond to the best. The key with training pets, and dogs in particular, is to perform the trials early on and then make your pick quickly so you can be consistent with all further training.

Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission from your purchase. Read more here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts