Elderly couple overwhelmed with joy when they receive puppy after tragedy

(Warning: If the featured photo didn’t make you reach for a tissue, this story will.)

You know that saying, “good things come in small packages”? Well, this is no exception!

Miguel Rojas and his wife, an elderly couple living in Miami, Florida, are celebrating the gift of this tiny Chihuahua puppy in the midst of a heartbreaking tragedy. Just last week they witnessed two bulldogs attack their three-year-old Chihuahua named Gucci- the couple even sustained injuries as they tried to save their baby from the aggressors. But as hard as they tried, poor Gucci did not make it out alive. The Rojas’ were obviously heartbroken, as the dog which they loved with all their heart was taken from them–and right before their very eyes.

But this is when something truly special happened: A family friend heard the terrible news of the grieving couple- she went to find a new Chihuahua as a gift to the Rojas’. And better still: when the seller heard about what the pair had endured, she discounted the puppy by half.

Chi Puppy

The Rojas’ daughter Ada was in on the surprise and brought the nine-week-old puppy to her parents. Overwhelmed with emotion, the couple ecstatically welcomed the new addition into their home. There were a lot of tears that day, and new happy memories to help wash away the horror from not long ago.

Chi and Mrs.

Video: Dog passes out from overwhelming joy | #CaseyTheDog

While the rest of America dreams about the record-high Powerball winnings, Ada describes how they’ve already won the jackpot in an article from Fox 32 News Chicago. She says:

“I am numb with happiness and I am numb with pain. [Dogs] are family. They are not animals. They are part of a family. If someone came and offered me a million dollars, I don’t want it. We don’t want the $700 million lottery. We don’t want it. We just received, this is what we want. This is unconditional love. This is therapeutic for my parents. I don’t want any money. What’s going on right now, to me, I am already a winner.”

Video: Boys Tragic Death Could Have Happened To Any Family With 20-Foot Pet Python

What amazing generosity displayed by the seller, family friend, and the Rojas’ daughter! We wish all the best to them, and to Mr. and Mrs. Rojas.

(All images screen shots from Fox 32 News Chicago clip. See article for more photos.)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts