How an adorable inbred dachshund is raising money for animal rescue!

My name is Katie Rudolph and I am Gussie’s human! We rescued him from the Escambia County Animal Shelter when he was about 5 months old. He was pulled from a breeding mill that had been shut down in Century (a VERY rural area in NW Florida.) He has been my little companion for the past 8 years. Since he is so inbred, we have had our health battles with him but it has been nothing that lots of love and GREAT doctors couldn’t take care of. Hair loss is one of the issues that he has had but one that we are winning!

Video: ADORABLE POOL RESCUE!!

Gussie is truly the biggest gift in my life. My love for him is what really got me interested in Dachshund rescue. These babies have SO much love to give and love is something our world needs right now! About a year ago we started Gussie’s World to help raise awareness and funding for Dachshund rescue. We do this primarily through his blog at gussiesworld.com and his facebook page Gussie’s World. We have ads running on his blog and the money we make off the ads is donated to Dachshund Rescue South Florida. I hope you enjoy his rescue story!

For the Dachshunds,
Katie Rudolph

If you’d like to share your dog’s rescue story for a chance to be featured, please email [email protected].

Video: Adorable dog rescued with wire cutting into leg

rescue rescue2

Reviews & Comments

Related posts