Man creates comedic gold with art featuring his bull terrier

Video: Typewriter Artist

There have been a few ionic Bull Terriers over the years. Frankenweenie, of course, is notable, as is Bullseye, the famous mascot of Target.

But perhaps the most well-known is Jimmy, the best friend and muse of Brazilian artist Rafael Mantesso, whose artwork featuring Jimmy has become known the world over.

Recently, Mantesso partneres with Gilt City, a membership website that offers exclusive experiences in select US cities at insider prices, on a curated collection: “PAW-fect NYC Dining, beauty, and fitness activities” featuring Jimmy the Bull Terrier.

Image source: Gilt City
Jimmy shows you how to try on-demand dry cleaning with TRRIGR. Image source: Gilt City
fake-bake your buns with Brazil Bronze Image source: Gilt City
keep it healthy with Vet on Demand. Image source: Gilt City
Indulge in delicacies at Gourmet Attitude. Image source: Gilt City
do downward dog at Earth Yoga. Image source: Gilt City
turn the pages of “A Dog Named Jimmy.” Image source: Gilt City

Mantesso got his start, he says, from drawings and pictures he used to take of food on a gastronomy food blog.

Video: WHITE RANGER vs SCORPION - Super Power Beat Down (Episode 10)

“I always looked to the food that I was eating and thought about how it would be if that food were alive,” he told dogsguru.ru “My madness made me draw around that food, and I use this concept with Jimmy too.”

After a divorce, the only thing Mantesso was left with was Jimmy.

“I started to paint to put some color in my empty white house,” he says. “Jimmy is always by my side, even when I’m painting. One day I drew on the floor and put him lying down on his side and the photographed him with the drawing. Everything started with that.”

He says he gets inspiration from everything: jokes friends play on him, movies, music, art exhibitions, the internet, etc.

Video: Martin Garrix In The Studio With Future Music

His book, A DOG NAMED JIMMY, was just published and is available for purchase. You can also follow him on his website, Instagram and Facebook for more Jimmy awesomeness. We can’t get enough of him, and we bet you can’t either.

A photo posted by @rafaelmantesso on

Reviews & Comments

Related posts