15 Images of dogs that capture their inner personalities perfectly

Serena Hodson was born and raised in Central Hawkes Bay on New Zealand’s North Island. As an adult, she trained as a graphic designer and even had a career in advertising in London and Aukland. In 2006, she settled in Brisbane, Australia, where she currently live with her partner Neil, Simon (a British Bulldog) and Garfunkel (a French Bulldog). There, she was able to fulfill a lifelong dream and started photographing dogs as “a way to capture the humor of the interactions between them,” Hodson told dogsguru.ru.

As an animal lover, photographing dogs seemed like a natural fit and she started with her own dogs at the time, Rocco (a Bullmastiff) and Ralph (a Dachshund). It’s bringing out the personality of each dog she loves most:

“I love photographing them because they have no hang-ups – they don’t put on an act, they don’t complain about an unflattering photo and most of all, they make me happy. My aim is to capture the unique personality and humor that animals can bring into our lives. I believe a home isn’t complete without a companion animal – they’re great therapy and a lot of fun to have around.”

Video: Morgan Freeman Chats with Jimmy While Sucking Helium

Image source: Serena Hodson

She gets her inspiration from the dogs themselves, she says.

Video: MINDSHIFT - MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO

“Rocco and Ralph were my muses and how I learnt photography. Their patience with me and my camera, I will be forever in their debt. With him and Ralph I wanted to develop a style of pushing a different kind of personality from Pet Photography. I experimented with a more creative concept with wanting to create humorous stories by silly thing these two would do.”

Video: What Your Handwriting Says About You

Sadly, Rocco and Ralph have passed on, but she has some amazing photographs to remember them by, as well as the lessons they taught her about photographing the animal spirit.

The following are some of the amazing images she has captured revealing the inner personalities of her amazing pups. Photos are used with express permission from Serena Hodson. You can find more of her work on Instagram, Facebook, and her website.