More dog treats recalled due to possible salmonella contamination

More Dog Treats Recalled Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination

I and Love and You, a pet food manufacturer in Boulder, Colorado has voluntarily recalled nearly 1,300 cases of their Cow-Boom! Strips Beef Gullet dog treats. The recall came early this week after Colorado Agriculture officials notified the company of the presence of Salmonella during their routine testing.

Steve Ball, I and Love and You CEO, said that in an overabundance of caution, the company is voluntarily recalling 1,299 cases of the product because it has the potential to be contaminated. There have not been any reports of pet or human illnesses associated with the contamination yet.

The recall is limited to Cow-Boom! Strips Beef Gullet dog treats that were packaged in 2.0 ounce bags with lot numbers C20130-1994T1 and C20130-2024T1. The best-by date of the packages is 7/2016 and the UPC number is 8 18336 0113 4.

The contaminated treats were sold throughout the United Sates to retail stores and wholesale distributors. The products were also distributed through online retailers and grocery chains as well. The company insists they are taking this voluntary recall as a precautionary measure and no other products from I and Love and You were affected by the contamination.

More Dog Treats Recalled Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination

Any consumers that have a recalled package of Cow-Boom! dog treats should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. All the distributors and retailers have been individually notified of the recall.

It is important to note that Salmonella can affect humans as well as canines and any human that handled the contaminated products, or any surface that the product may have come in contact with, should monitor themselves closely for signs of the disease. Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, and fever.

Dogs with Salmonella may have diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, act lethargic, vomiting, and run a fever. Some pets may also have a decreased appetite and abdominal pain. Infected pets that seem healthy can be carriers of Salmonella and infect other animals or humans. If your dog has consumed the product they need to be seen by a veterinarian whether they are showing signs or not.

This recall comes in the wake of numerous other dog food and treat recalls in recent months. It is important to stay up to date on this information, as catching these issues early could save your dog’s life. If consumers have any questions they are urged to contact I and Love and You or speak with their veterinarian.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts