Nfl player locks himself in car–the reason why will bring you to tears

Video: How Long Can This NFL Player Tough It Out in a Hot Car - Reaction

We all think of NFL Players as being big, tough and scary. And Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu is no exception.

Video: Hot Kar Challenge Social Experiment by Kars4Kids

So when he told everyone he was locking himself in a hot car to prove what it’s like for a dog or baby trapped inside one, we are pretty sure he thought it was going to be easy. It proved to be just the opposite.

In a video sponsored by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), Mathieu locks himself in a car sitting in full sun on a 90 degree day.

hotcar1

Mathieu feels the temperature difference instantly and frantically tries to cool himself off with his shirt.

“This is ultimately what it feels like to be a dog trapped inside of a car on a hot day,” he said. “If you’re going to make a dog a part of your family, then make him a part of your family. Don’t treat him like you wouldn’t treat someone you cared about or someone you loved.”

hotcar2

After just four minutes, the car is already at 105, 15 degrees hotter than outside of the vehicle.

According to PETA, at this temperature, “heatstroke sets in and a dog’s organs begin to fail.”

Video: Richard Sherman Destroys Skip Bayless on ESPN First Take ('I'm Better At Life Than You')

“I seriously couldn’t image leaving my dog in the car like this,” he says while still inside the car. “I mean if you are going to make a dog apart of your family, than making him part of your family. Treat him like you would someone you care about, someone you love.”

hotcar3

At six minutes, the car is at 113 degrees. Watch the video to find out how long Mathieu lasts inside the vehicle, before he can’t take it anymore.

Mathieu could leave the car whenever it got too hot to handle. Your dog can’t. Summer isn’t over, and as we head into another wave of heat, all of us at dogsguru.ru wanted to share this important message to remind you not to leave anyone (human or animal!) inside a hot car. And remember, if you see a dog in a hot car – CALL 911 and stay there until the owner and/or help arrives.

Share this to save lives!

Reviews & Comments

Related posts