This device creates a hide-and-seek game with dog treats

Video: Little girl plays hide and seek with giant dog

If you’re into technology and you’re a dog lover, you’re going to love the Pulse from Northmate. You can link a bunch of these devices together to create a dog treat hide-and-seek game for your Fido. Talk about an interactive dog toy that gets your dog up and moving- the Pulse will have him running around the house for hours!

Video: Minecraft Xbox - Hide And Seek - Dog Park

Technology is constantly advancing, and I love seeing how technology is affecting the products that we buy for our pets. Advanced technology has helped to create better dog leashes, dog bowls, dog food, and dog toys. Almost any pet product on the market has a technologically advanced brother out there too- you just have to know where to look. You may be able to find the Pulse in select pet specialty stores, but your best bet would be to get on the manufacturers website and look up where to buy it based on your region. For example, I’m located in Maine, so I’d have to buy one online.

Northmate calls the Pulse a hunting game that stimulates your dog’s natural instincts to hunt and gather. In order to get the full benefits of the device you really need to purchase 3 or more units. You can use one (as I’ll explain in a minute) or two until you can collect more. The way it works is that all the units are radio-connected up to a 100 meter distance and they can still operate through several walls in an average home.

As you can see in the video, each unit has six compartments that can store kibble or treats. Each device is equipped to emit ultrasound and LED-light displays to signal your dog. Once you’ve loaded the units with food and switched them “ON,” you can place them all over the house, and even outdoors if you choose. Your dog will need to use his hunting instincts to find the Pulse units and figure out which one will feed him next. The units are activated when your dog paws or touches them.

You can start off with just one unit so your pooch can get the hang of it and then add a second. Once he figures out that pattern you can continue adding more Pulse units to increase the difficulty. You can add up to as many as 10 units if you want. You can also just use one unit, which will dispense dog treats or kibble randomly over a 1-10 hour period of time.

Video: Minecraft Xbox - Hide And Seek [142]

I know these aren’t the cheapest dog toys, but how cool is the concept? I would love to try these out with my girls. They would keep them occupied for a long time, and the best part is that they wouldn’t just be lying on the floor chewing some sort of treat dispensing toy. The Pulse gets your pet up and moving all around the house for a long time. By the time he was done going to each unit six times he would be exhausted and ready for a good nap.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts