Top 5 best dog grooming mitts to calm dogs when brushing

Brushing your dog is not a choice- it’s a necessity. Regular dog grooming will keep your pet’s coat clean and tangle free. Not to mention that brushing helps to spread the natural oils produced in his skin to give his fur a healthy shine and growth. Using the best dog grooming mitts may be easier than using a traditional dog grooming brush, but it’s up to every individual dog owner.

Video: Pet Dog Cat Grooming Self Cleaning Slicker glove Brush

Some dog owners prefer dog brushes for this, while others find it easier to groom dogs with grooming mitts or so-called grooming gloves. Are any of them superior to the other? Not really. It mostly comes to personal preference. As long as you’re using good quality mitts or gloves for grooming that really dig into your dog’s coat, then it doesn’t matter.

What are the Best Dog Grooming Mitts & Grooming Gloves for DogsDog grooming mitts look like gloves that have rubber tips covering the palm. They slide easily on your hand and are usually quite comfortable to wear. As you pet your dog, you’re also brushing through his fur.

The best dog grooming mitts can also help ease a pet’s anxiety about grooming, as Samantha has demonstrated in the linked video.

Dog brushes can sometimes be intimidating to some dogs. They don’t know what they are, and the bristles may scratch your dog’s skin if you choose an inappropriate brush. On the other hand, grooming gloves for dogs are gentler and make it seem as if you’re just giving your Fido some petting love and affection. In the end, it’s up to you what to use.

TOP 5: Best Dog Grooming Mitts/Gloves
To calm dogs, keep their fur clean and tangle free

1Pat Your Pet 2-in-1 Pet Grooming Glove

Pat Your Pet 2-in-1 Pet Grooming GlovePat Your Pet has come out with a 2-in-1 sturdy pet grooming glove for cats and dogs that can achieve multiple tasks. It gets knots out of the pet’s topcoat, removes loose and dead hair from the undercoat, reduces shedding significantly, and the cleans surfaces of hair. It comes with an adjustable Velcro strap and is designed for daily grooming of dogs with short, medium or long coats.

• Can’t decide? Read more reviews from pet owners

The well-spaced rubber tips on the underside of this glove provide a relaxing rubdown as it untangles and sheds the undercoat of loose and dead hair. On the other hand, the upper glove’s velour cleans and collects hair from carpets, fabrics, and furniture with ease. Customers are one in saying that they found this product to be one of the best dog grooming mitts around.

Video: Top 5 Best DakPets Pet Grooming Glove Removes Loose Fur From The U Review

Buyers say grooming has never been easier and bonding is more enjoyable since using this glove. Issues with tangles and shedding have been dramatically reduced, and collecting hair from all over the house has become a breeze. Pet owners who purchased the Pat Your Pet 2-in-1 Pet Grooming Glove were not the only ones happy for finding a mitt that is functional for shedding and keeping surfaces clean.

Best Dog Grooming Mitts and GlovesA remarkable grooming mitt, says one reviewer who loves that it also works to remove fur in furniture, carpets, and fabrics. Her only wish is that its rubber pad was more pliable so that her hand could curve more to the pet’s body contours when brushing. Definitely, this is a stress-free way of keeping dogs well-groomed and happy, and keeping hair off from the bed, sofa or car seats.

PROS:
  • Can be used on dogs and cats with short, medium or long hair
  • Equipped with adjustable Velcro strap to fit virtually any hand
  • Works to collect dog hair from carpets, fabrics and furniture as well
CONS:
  • This is one of the best dog grooming mitts, but some users wish it was more pliable so they could contour their hand to their dog’s body

best dog grooming mittsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “I have had the Pet Glove for over 2 weeks and Everyone Loves it! All 3 furbabies and I are loving every brush session. I purchased this for my Golden Retriever Mix, Leo, when he sees his furminator he runs! Now I pull out the Pet Glove and he runs to me. He enjoys that every brushing comes with a massage.…”

2Better Petter Dog & Cat Brush Glove

Better Petter Dog & Cat Brush GloveThis pet brush glove from Pet Thunder cleans and softens the coat by removing excess undercoat hair while cutting off mats and tangles, leaving a shiny luster to the topcoat. At the same time, it delivers a soothing massage that holds the pet down for a more effective brushing – perfect for all coat types.

This is one of the best grooming mitts as it is made of 100% eco-friendly and recyclable materials and designed for both wet and dry grooming sessions. By trapping excess hair in the mitt, it prevents fur from getting all over the house. The adjustable Velcro strap allows this glove to fit any hand size.

Pet owners with finicky pets have found no use for rakes, combs and brushes to solve shedding issues. So they were mostly skeptical at first with the Better Petter Dog & Cat Brush Glove that promised to put an end to such dog hair woes. However, they were happily surprised at what this glove was able to do to their dog and their home. The breathable material was also well-liked by the users, noting that it made the mitt more comfortable to use.

Best Dog Grooming Mitts and GlovesOne reviewer finds the mitt way too large for her. She admits, though, that it is gentle and her pets love this mitt more than the other brushes she has used in the past. Buyers find that this is one of the best dog grooming mitts, noting that it is very well-made and durable. They’re happy that they need not struggle with a squirming dog to while using this product, and they don’t breathe and choke on fur in the air like they used to before.

PROS:
  • Suitable for all coat types
  • Made of 100% eco-friendly and recyclable materials
  • Designed to be used on wet or dry fur
CONS:
  • One reviewer noted this glove was too large for her hand, but that is a likely complaint for every dog grooming mitt on this list

best dog grooming mittsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + VIDEO): “Wow- I have to admit I was skeptical about these. I’ve had poor luck with similar products in the past. Either they don’t actually groom your dog, or they’re so cheaply made that they fall apart after one or two washings. I can happily say that neither is the case with this grooming glove.…”

3Best of Breed Grooming Mitt Brush

Best of Breed Grooming Mitt BrushThis grooming mitt by Best of Breed will surely make pets a fan of grooming. It is designed for all coat types to provide a gentle and soothing rubdown, while efficiently removing loose and dead hair.

With its gentle and pliant rounded rubber tips, it is also useful for bathing, massaging and brushing. It easily reaches hard-to-groom areas, like the underbelly, legs, and tail.

It comes with a 100% Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee and a free LED Pet Collar Light. Customers rated this product as one of the best dog grooming mitts for these reasons: it gets the job done fast, it is highly durable, and the price is just right. Buyers say this grooming glove has significantly reduced the volume of pet hair around their house, and their dogs were always well-groomed.

Some consumers say they even use the mitt during their pet’s baths, and dogs simply love the extra rubdown. The wet mitt has no problem going right into the washer, and it comes out looking new again. The Best of Breed Grooming Mitt Brush is that durable.

Best Dog Grooming Mitts and GlovesSadly, one recent purchaser wasn’t very happy because the mitt didn’t fit his hand comfortably and the hairs that stuck to it were difficult to remove. Other users agreed that they’d appreciate more sizes to choose from. Once the fit is right, though, what the user gets is a grooming tool that works effectively while it relaxes the dog.

PROS:
  • Designed for all coat types
  • Can be used for bathing, massaging and brushing
  • Comes with a 100% Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee and a free LED Pet Collar Light
CONS:
  • Numerous reviewers complained about the size of this mitt and wished their were more options available

best dog grooming mittsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “I love dogs, both owning and fostering over the years. But dog hair is my my constant enemy. I’ve tried furminators, wire brushes, bristle brushes, combs – but never a grooming mitt. Here’s the low down on the Premier Pet Grooming Mitt.…”

4FurGlider Grooming Glove Mitt for Pets

FurGlider Grooming Glove Mitt for PetsFor daily pet grooming, the FurGlider Grooming Glove Mitt is the perfect solution for de-shedding because of its long and soft pin-style rubber-tipped ends. It glides through the topcoat and easily removes and traps loose hair so it does not fill the house with fur. Plus it fits any hand size and is very lightweight, so it makes de-shedding more like petting.

• Can’t decide? Read more reviews from other pet owners

It is made from fine fabric with top-quality rubber, stainless-steel tips and an adjustable Velcro strap. The back of the glove serves to clean hair off furniture, fabrics, carpets, and clothes.

Pet owners now know that they can have both pets and a clean house at the same time. Buyers of the FurGlider Grooming Glove Mitt for Pets now find it unimaginable to maintain a fur-free house and happy well-groomed pets without this hard-working mitt. Their reviews indicate how their dogs have come to love and look forward to being groomed daily, and how the humans in the house now feel assured that they will not endure the usual dog fur on surfaces around the house or fur suspended in the air.

Best Dog Grooming Mitts and GlovesHowever, a customer bemoans this glove did not work on her short-haired dog, although the dog obviously loved the massage and the brushing routine. For cleaning surfaces and removing hair from pets, this worked better when applied with pressure while swiping off or brushing. Overall, buyers said that this was great product for the money, they find it durable, and it’s easy to use and clean.

PROS:
  • Stainless steel bristles have rubber-tipped ends so they don’t scratch the dog’s skin
  • Back of the glove cleans hair off furniture, fabrics, carpets, and clothes
CONS:
  • One unsatisfied customer said that this was not one of the best dog grooming mitts, as it didn’t work on her short-haired dog

best dog grooming mittsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review): “Our dog absolutely loves this brush. When she sees me get it out of the drawer she runs to the spot we brush her and lays down wagging her tail. I’ve never seen a dog love something as much as this brush. I’d be jealous but since she still thinks it’s me causing all this pleasure I’ll be okay. It seems durable and is pretty easy to clean.…”

5Cochop Cat, Dog Hair & Fur Remover Mitt

Cochop Cat, Dog Hair & Fur Remover MittCochop’s Pet Hair and Fur Remover Mitt is one of the best dog grooming mitts. It is one of the most multifunctional grooming gloves around. Plus, it comes with a squeaky Pet Toy Ball to make your pet happy during and after grooming sessions.

• Can’t decide? Read more reviews from other pet owners

The mitt is made of durable eco-friendly mesh cloth (breathable) and a highly-pliant pad with rounded rubber tips that works great for pet baths, washing, brushing, petting, or getting rid of unwanted fur around the house. It removes loose hair and cuts down on shedding, leaving the dog’s topcoat flawlessly clean with a show-quality luster.

The Cochop Cat, Dog Hair & Fur Remover Mitt comes in one size, and reviewers agree that it will fit even the biggest hand. It’s quite large, so it won’t be an issue for large-handed pet owners. Those with smaller hands would have wished for a smaller size, although the Velcro strap tightens it so it doesn’t fall off. This is one of the best dog grooming mitts, because it is flexible, made of great material, and comes with a tiny rubber brush on the glove’s thumb – great for stubborn areas that needs a bit more cleaning.

Best Dog Grooming Mitts and GlovesOne particular review stated the obvious drawback on this mitt – it’s far too large for really small hands, so it keeps twisting around the hand. She admits, though, that it works wonders on her dogs and cat. Except for that, buyers consider this as one of the best dog grooming mitts around and they’d really be happy if the manufacturer would find a way to produce smaller-sized variants of this product in the future.

PROS:
  • Made of durable eco-friendly mesh cloth that is breathable
  • Can be used on wet or dry fur
  • Large size will fit even the biggest hands
  • Comes with a squeaky toy ball
CONS:
  • Not suitable for pet owners with petite hands, as it only comes in one large size

Video: Dog shedding and massager glove

best dog grooming mittsMost helpful dog owner’s review (read the full review + PHOTOS): “My little chiweenie has very short fine hair that makes it very hard to brush her. Either the bristles were to hard and hurt her or they just did not grip her fur well enough to remove all the loose hair. She sheds so much year round I cannot stand it. Typical dog brushes do not work on her because her hair is so short but this mitt was just what we needed. It is not perfect but it does work.…”

Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products. Read more here and find full disclosure here.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts