This teen and her service dog wore matching formal dresses for the school dance!

Everyone knows that dogs are a girl’s best friend, but no duo proves this true like teen Erin Condrin and her service dog Lacey!

Video: See The Joy This GoPro Wearing Therapy Dog Brings at Children's Hospital

Living in Queensland, Australia, 3-year-old Lacy is Erin’s constant companion. She writes on her Facebook page, Life with Lacey:

“I have a rare connective tissue disorder called Classical Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, along with several secondary conditions. For me, these conditions pose a myriad of limitations – that’s where Lacey comes into play! Over the last 12 months my life has changed unimaginably, as a young person this loss of independence was frightening.

I am now reliant on crutches and my wheelchairs to move around. Lacey makes life easier by picking up dropped items, opening and closing doors, carrying objects, pressing light switches/buttons and so much more, not to mention her constant friendship. Basically, Lacey allows me to live a life as close to normal as possible.”

Video: "Get Ready With Us" HOMECOMING 2015

The optimistic teen and her beloved pup are so close, in fact, that she and Lacey got ready for her school’s formal together–in matching dresses!

Lacey4
Courtesy: Erin Condrin
Lacey3
Lacey2
Lacey1

It looks like this is not the first formalwear Lacey has donned. We bet that this golden glamor girl loves dressing to the (ca)nines! Check out that tutu!

Video: Girls Honor Deceased Friend by Wearing Her Prom Dress

And while Lacey didn’t accompany her best friend to the dance this time (Erin told iHeartDogs she wasn’t quite ready for all the excitement yet!), the pretty pair sure had fun getting all dolled up together! With a little more practice, we’re sure Lacey would love to boogie all night with best friend Erin!

The sweet service pup was trained by Canine Helpers Australia, to whom Erin is especially grateful. You can follow her and Lacey’s heartfelt journey together on the Facebook page, Life with Lacey.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts