Dog nicknamed “lucky” after his life is spared on the gw bridge

A pup named Ronin has been dubbed “Lucky George” after he beat the odds when a walk turned into a nightmare for his humans.

Dog-mom Desiree Justin was at work when her fiancé called her in a panic: he had been walking her 6-month-old pup when he managed to wriggle free from his leash.

“I was at work and he called and said, ‘Hey Des, Ronin is gone — he slipped his collar and I can’t find him,`” Justin recalled in a story by NBC 4 New York.

The frantic Justin left work to look for her pup, making and posting flyers throughout the community.

The worst part is, the two hadn’t been taking a stroll down a quiet country road- Ronin had run off on the dangerously busy streets of New York City. He ended up making his way to the George Washington Bridge.

Some time later, Port Authority police got a call regarding a pup who had been hit by a truck, and was “bleeding heavily,” according to NBC 4. The dog was Ronin, and he was rushed to Oradell Animal Hospital. Miraculously, the injuries he sustained were to his paw and leg and were not life-threatening.

Justin didn’t know what had happened to her dog until she received a phone call from a passer-by. “I got a tip from someone who saw one of my flyers, who said, ‘I think I saw your dog on the GWB,`” she told NBC 4.

That’s when she called the Port Authority police, who were able to direct her to Ronin’s whereabouts. They even drove her to the hospital so she could be reunited with her brave little puppy.

“Oh, my God, I think I just bawled,” she said to NBC 4 of reuniting with the pup. “They said he didn’t make a peep the whole time they rescued him, that he was so tough. And when he saw me, he started squealing and I started crying.”

According to the story, Ronin is using a wheelchair as he heals from the ordeal. But most importantly, he is happy to be recovering while back home where he belongs!

“When the police officers saved him, they said, ‘You should name him Lucky. So now his new nickname is Lucky George,” Justin said in the story.

Whew, that was close! We are so glad to hear that there is a happy ending for this “lucky” puppy and his human!

(h/t: NBC 4 New York)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts