Girl overcomes her fear of dogs to save a stray in need of help

Dogs are very lovable creatures. They’re loyal to through and through, and they’re very sweet. Yet even with all those characteristics, there are people who are afraid of them. But we can’t blame them. They may have had a traumatic experience with a dog, either they were bitten or were attacked. There are just people who don’t like dogs, and we respect that.

16-year-old Anita Valkova has always been scared of dogs. But when she saw a stray dog in her schoolyard in Bulgaria who was in need of help, she knew she had to do something.

The poor dog was injured and the other students were throwing stones at her. Anita called her mom, grandpa, and grandma for help, but they told her that they can’t do anything about it and that she should just let the dog go. However, Anita couldn’t just walk away.

Anita swallowed her fear and stayed by the dog until her dad arrived. But when her dad saw the dog’s condition, he refused to let the dog in the car. Her dad handed her a blanket and told her to bring the dog to the vet on foot.

Anita had no other choice. Together with a friend, they chased the dog around for 5 minutes and managed to corner her. When they caught the dog, they carried her to the vet where they cleaned her wounds and gave her antibiotics. The poor dog had demodectic mange.

The next day, Anita’s mom went to the vet to see the dog. Anita somehow managed to convince her mom to let her keep the dog. The treatment for the dog was expensive, but they were able to borrow some money for her meds.

After the dog was treated, Anita was able to bring the dog home. She named her Alfeiya.

Video: Overcoming a Fear of Dogs | Dog Whisperer

Both Anita and Alfeiya were scared at first. Alfeiya was in a strange place, and Anita was scared that Alfeiya might bite her. But despite that, Anita was able to give her a bath. And it wasn’t long after that that Anita realized that all Alfeiya wants was to be loved and cared for.

With Anita’s help, Alfeiya now has a home. She had her first toy and her first car ride! She was loving her life being part of Anita’s family.

Alfeiya even had the chance to make a mess!

After bonding with Alfeiya, Anita realized that there was nothing to be afraid of.

Video: Woman Nearly Eaten Alive By Dogs Meets a Phobia Expert

Anita wanted to share her story and she has a message to everyone. She wrote, “I’ve always been scared of dogs. But I couldn’t leave a creature to suffer when I could help. I hope this story gives you hope and inspiration to be a better person and help with anything you can!

Reviews & Comments

Related posts