Paralyzed dog left on shelter doorstep with a heartbreaking note

Video: Paralyzed dog left on Tampa shelter’s doorstep with heartbreaking note

When staff members at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay arrived at the shelter’s doorstep, they found a heartbreaking scene: a small, scared dog huddled in her crate, with a pain-filled note asking them to care for her. It read:

Video: Paralyzed Pup Left on Shelter Doorstep With Heartbreaking Note

Please help my Genie. Genie (her name) is paralyzed from I believe her hips to her hind legs. I tried to manage her pain with medication from her vet but they only ease her pain and she needs surgery. I cannot afford so I ask that the Animal Health Center heal her and find her a loving forever home. Thank you.

In a Facebook post, the shelter vows that “We will care for Genie. We will do our best to heal her body and mend her grieving heart. We will give her a second chance and find her a loving home.”

Lucky for little Genie, she arrived just in time for”Give Day,” and became a wonderful “spokesdog,” showing local donators how much their money helps shelter animals like her.

Video: Paralyzed Dog 'Genie ' Left at Florida Shelter with Note

As it turns out, Give Day was a success, and the shelter was able to raise over $20,000, some of which has been set aside for Genie’s recovery!

In addition to compassion for the paralyzed pup, Facebook commenters have expressed their sympathy for Genie’s owners, who are presumably grief-stricken, but wanted what was best for their beloved dog.

“And how sad for her owners. Can’t imagine what they went through. God bless them,” writes one commenter.

Another even offered to pay for Genie’s adoption fee if her family came forward, so they could take her back home.

The Tampa Bay Humane Society is wholeheartedly on board. “We have no idea who the owner is, she was left at our door after hours. If they came forward we would certainly work with them!” they posted in one reply.

We are glad that Genie is in good hands and hope that she finds the perfect forever home. Follow the Tampa Bay Humane Society on Facebook for updates on this precious pup.

Watch the KTLA News segment here:

Video: An Old Dog Has Been Left Behind In A Dog Shelter By Her Family, Her Reaction Is Heartbreaking

(h/t: KTLA News)

Reviews & Comments

Related posts